What you wont hear in the news...

To make this short this is just 2 things my dad has done in the last 2 weeks, that could have gone a lot differently if he chose to, but he didn't. He is the not the kind of person to look for recognition or credit for what he has done, but I honestly think he deserves it. These aren't the only thing obviously, this is just the last 2 weeks so far.

To start off, my father is a police officer, he has been for 24 years I think now, his name withheld cause he would get mad at me for saying it :P

The first thing I would want to bring up is when we went out to eat after getting something, it was just a fast food place, pick up stuff for their new house my dad and mom had built. We just went to eat before we went back to their place to get stuff ready. I honestly didn't notice, but my parents did, there was a lady in the back, she was just sitting there drinking water, and eating sugar packets. Not one of those street corner panhandlers, but someone that really needed help, but no one would notice. When we left, my dad secretly bought a lot of food for her, yes its fast food, but more then enough to eat for the day or 2. Then we left, he waited in the parking lot before we left to make sure she got it, before we went home. If it was me, I probably wouldn't even noticed at all, and if I did, I am not sure I would have done the same thing.

Then just today, he was on duty. A meth head that was super high came at him fighting. My dad isn't young, almost 50 years old, he was able to take him down and restrain him without having to resort to pepper spray, or tazing or anything. For his troubles he got pretty injured, especially since the guy was throwing random object like hammers, and tools , and other things. Broke his glass, hurt him pretty bad, but he did it without shooting the person, which we found out crossed his mind too, at would have been perfectly justifiable. He was alone, the person was throwing heavy objects, but my dad kept his cool, and without doing anything that could have killed the person, took him down and arrested him. Now my dad is injured and has to get new glasses, but its ok, someone was out of his mind, and my dad chose not to kill him, although he was legally capable of doing such a thing.

Yes, I am bragging about my dad, but, I think he deserves it. This will never be posted in the news, or you will never hear about these things if I didn't say anything, because it always focuses on the bad. I just want some of you to see, that there are good people, great police officers out there that you will never hear about because you keep getting blinded by the bad ones. Here is a incident where it would have been justifiable to put this person down, but didn't. I just want you to see just because someone is a police officer, doesn't mean they are bad or evil, or power hungry, sometimes they just want to help people.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dad can beat up your dad.

Kidding of course. It's always good to have a role model. He sounds like a decent man. Don't fuck up his legacy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    My dad can beat up your dad.

Kidding of course. It's always good to have a role model. He sounds like a decent man. Don't fuck up his legacy.
    My dad will shag your dad... And your dad will like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your dad's a cop? He must be a real piece of shit!

/ignorantoff

10+ Year Old Account
    I commend your father. He sounds like a stand up guy.

You should be very proud to have an honorable father.

/salute.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.