Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How you felt when you got your first epic item

I remember it like it was just yesterday, it was back in classic wow when epics were EPIC..
    they were pretty rare and mostly only hardcore raiders had them.

So i had a mage and my friend also had a mage we were in competition with each other always.
    He never wanted to group with me for instances because he wanted all the gear to himself.

But this one particular day he was in an instance(ubrs i think) and one player left and he msg me to join so i did.
    When we got to the last boss this dropped
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=13143/ma...he-dragon-lord

When that dropped my heart was beating so fast.. because me and my friend had to roll for it.
    He told me to roll first, i rolled 87
    and he rolled 30
    when i won it my heart was racing so fast i was so happy.
    When i look at that item now it brings back nostalgic memories.

How did you feel when you first got your epic?
    Tell the story here

10+ Year Old Account
    The Eye of Shadow off a Winterspring mob (also heard a few others on my realm got it from Winterspring aswell), but I looked around and thought to myself, "I am the luckiest WoW player right now." Being as it was in the beginning of BC, and I started the day BC came out, I was so stoked.

First epic i got was the nighslayer pants in MC. Was an epic feeling. But nothing beats when i got the dagger from second boss in BWL. i screamed out from the top of my loungs

Pants of Prophecy in MC during vanilla. And yeah, it was awesome!!!!!

I think it was Arcanists set bracers in MC.

And I pretty much squeeled in joy. Not having had any luck during leveling with random epics.
    Last edited by Eucep; 2013-09-07 at 01:00 AM.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Deleted
    I got a shiny weapon from first boss in KZ. Then I wanted shinier stuff cause I didnt like how it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    I remember it like it was just yesterday, it was back in classic wow when epics were EPIC..
    Yes! This is true for me too. Back in Vanilla epics were really EPIC and most players never had a single one.

Our guild was friendly but pretty casual. We worked hard and finally cleared UBRS and it was a huge deal to us when General Drak dropped. But UBRS only had blue loot.

So next we tried the classic 20 man Zul'Garub. We wiped on the first boss on multiple tries but finally downed him. We had agreed that everybody had an equal chance at any loot. So when a hunter chestpiece dropped I rolled even though both the Guildmaster and Raid Leader were both hunters also. I won.

For awhile after that I was pretty much the only player in the guild with an Epic item. That's how EPIC they were.

10+ Year Old Account
    First I got was a shield, level 48 or so, can never remember the name, had an equip effect of thorns or an absorb or something. Off a Feralas mob, way back in Classic, one of those water elementals on the seaside, with the giant water men.

At first I was confused, what is this purple item, then I was like, ooooh, I'm rich now !!

The Burning Axe. I didn't understand what it being purple meant just that I liked the proc and the look. Only after a warrior in a SM run called me a lucky bastard did I realise how lucky I was. Had a big grin on my face for the rest of the day.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post

So i had a mage and my friend also had a mage we were in competition with each other always.
    He never wanted to group with me for instances because he wanted all the gear to himself.

But this one particular day he was in an instance(ubrs i think) and one player left and he msg me to join so i did.
    When we got to the last boss this dropped
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=13143/ma...he-dragon-lord

When that dropped my heart was beating so fast.. because me and my friend had to roll for it.
    He told me to roll first, i rolled 87
    and he rolled 30
    when i won it my heart was racing so fast i was so happy.
    When i look at that item now it brings back nostalgic memories.

How did you feel when you first got your epic?
    Tell the story here
    I got the "charity" ones back in TBC. It wasn't important then, and it isn't important now.

Deleted
    lvl 40 mail chest with nature resistance. So damn anticlimactic because I realised how poorly itemized gear was then and it took away the hype of epic gear for me.

Was in Scholo on my priest at 60 about 4 months before BC dropped, and Headmaster's Charge dropped. I was sure the mage would roll me for it, but for probably the only time in the history of World of Warcraft he said "Oh, that's better for you priest, I'll pass, gratz" and did so. Which was lucky because I rolled a 22. That mage was a gentleman and a scholar.

Disappointment because it was useless.

It was Hammer of the Northern Wind from some random mobs in plaguelands. Worthless piece of shit only good for very small portion of twinks. I spent three weeks trying to sell in AH, I think I finally got 140 gold for it during vanilla.

On the bright side without that 140 gold I wouldn't have got my epic mount first week after dinging 60.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Like a god. Granted, I was 16 years old and it was the first time I raided.

i never gave a shit about it because i never cared about gear much in the early days
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't remember, didn't ever care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Cenarion bracers as a gift from guild to me for effort, it came from the guild's haul in the fabled MC that I could only dream about. I felt 10 kg heavier as I walked around with those on.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was the 0.5 tier piece quest line for the shaman - the one where you had to complete it in Scholomance - defeat that Clatterbone ??? skeleton guy. I got the helm of storms or something for my shaman. Pretty chuffed at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Was in Scholo on my priest at 60 about 4 months before BC dropped, and Headmaster's Charge dropped. I was sure the mage would roll me for it, but for probably the only time in the history of World of Warcraft he said "Oh, that's better for you priest, I'll pass, gratz" and did so. Which was lucky because I rolled a 22. That mage was a gentleman and a scholar.
    Now, "that" is a good, heartwarming story of a time long passed and a moment seldom experienced except amongst close guilds and friends.

Runeblade from strat run when I was level 58. It was back in 2005 so it ment A LOT! My first even raid dungeon (as you did it 10 man back then) me level 58, outrolling like 6-7 other people on that Runeblade. I was not even able to use it till I was 60 but man, the best feeling I had in WoW, nothing compares. I was shocked and couldn't believe it for good few days.

PS. I kept using that sword on my pala till I got the Axe from ZG from the Venom boss. But after just few days I went back to sword and pretty much went on like that till I got hammer from MC (the Finkle's one). Having that sword gave me atleast one /w per day till basicly end of Vanilla saying "where did you get it, it's so cool".
    Last edited by Mongoose19; 2013-09-06 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    You never find people like that anymore, if you do, it's rare.