Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Do women like women?

I really don't know anymore. I've been around lots of women and squabbles and tiffs in my day and I've come to the conclusion that women hate each other.

Why? is it just a normal thing? Why so much vitriol when they get together? I've been in punching matches with my mates and just shrug it off the next day.

I cannot imagine this will end well for you, at least not when any women respond. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Women view other women as competition

For the same reason that two guys who dont know each other will fight for stupid reasons. Comparing that scenario to you and your friends, its not the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work with a lot of women and have found that quite often they dislike each other behind each others backs, but are civil to their faces. There's some quite bad things said about each other too. Whether this is universal or not I couldn't attest too, but it certainly seems rife where I work. That said, retail gets everybodies back up

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I'm sure i'm way off base here with this thread. Just speaking from experience.

Deleted
    Well, at work when woman had trouble the whole department had to suffer from their bitching for as long as they would be in the same room...when 2 dudes had trouble, they threw around a bit name calling during the "fight" and it was forgotten the next day.

I've always been interesting in how it works..is it a sense of pride or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    For the same reason that two guys who dont know each other will fight for stupid reasons. Comparing that scenario to you and your friends, its not the same.
    This isn't a movie, 2 random dudes close to never get into a fight unless drunk. (which is the same for woman for that matter) While woman bitching to eachother and behind eachothers back is as common as the sun rising...

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Except that in the OP, it's implied that they do know each other. I have to say that I have been in the middle of conversations where the level of passive aggressive bitchy-ness reaches whole new levels. The scariest thing is no-one bats an eye. It's like, wow she just pretty much called her a whore just by saying "nice dress". Men, men don't do that. In fact commenting on another dude's clothes could be perceived as gay, or complimentary.

Deleted
    There are only a few women that I really like, maybe a handful. But I don't DISlike or hate the others. It's more that I can't relate to most of them, so you could say that I'm indifferent about them instead of disliking or anything else.

But I guess that's mainly because I always was more of a tomboy, not interested in boys, romance, make-up, fashion, getting kids and family etc. So I don't have an awful lot in common with most women I meet.

As a result I never really argue with other women - but I don't argue with men either. I've got a reputation of being quite a diplomat and being able to handle even the worst personalities of customers and co-workers at work.

i like everybody until they prove they're a jerk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    It's a competition thing. There are more females than there are males. We are hard wired to be competitive with each other because of that reason. Hasn't changed for thousands of years.
    Jeez, dat 2% difference....

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of single men and women about, they're just being picky

Deleted
    2% of the population is still quite a huge number. You can google what I'm talking about, if you'd like.
    14 hundred million assuming a population of exactly 7billion. In terms of global population and then how that is spread out it is insignificant.
    Last edited by mmoc7ba4bd9e7f; 2013-09-07 at 12:08 AM.

I find my personality tends to clash with other women But for the most part there's none I couldn't be civil with at the end of the day and the rest I seem to be indifferent towards.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    14 hundred million is 1.4 billion? That's like 20%

(it's 142 million give or take)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    14 hundred million is 1.4 billion? That's like 20%

(it's 142 million give or take)
    140million is what I meant, it's 1 in the morning i'm pretty tired, leave me alone you character of questionable gender.

10+ Year Old Account
    Link (as in my avatar) is totally male !! (as am i)

Also, yes, 1am and my alarm goes off in 4-5 hours, meh.

Deleted
    Think about females thousands of years ago. Back then we still outnumbered men. Because there were more women then maven we had to stick out (being competative). There was an article awhile back talking about how the blonde hair gene came to be. Here's a quote from one of the articles:

"Academic researchers have discovered that women in northern Europe evolved with light hair and blue eyes at the end of the Ice Age to stand out from the crowd and lure men away from the far more common brunette."

Classic competition.
    Doesn't justify assholery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Link (as in my avatar) is totally male !! (as am i)

Also, yes, 1am and my alarm goes off in 4-5 hours, meh.
    It's saturday tomorrow, No work allowed. Only fun. *looks at different thread* And cheerleaders!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I don't dislike my female friends. I only dislike annoying über-feminine, maniacal giggling, 2 hours on the phone talking about fashion types. Simply because I can't relate to them. Wouldn't go as far as to say I hate them though, to each their own.

edit: I also have it from a reliable source that men can be just as bitchy behind each others' backs on the work floor.
    Last edited by Subbie; 2013-09-07 at 12:18 AM.