Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    Durumu is pretty annoying in LFR if you've only seen videos. And what is a 545 tank doing in LFR anyway?
    Only reasons I run LFR anymore are for the battle pets and unlikely chance at transmog gear that won't be available next expansion unless Blizzard allows you to transmog an item to a lower ilvl version. With SoO coming out neither of these reasons will be enough to make me step into ToT LFR ever again.

As for Tanzlee's comment about Durumu being the easiest ToT LFR boss I politely disagree; that title goes to LFR/Normal Primordius as you can literally stand in one spot the entire fight and spam your rotation until boss dies. Killing oozes is optional and until Blizzard actually fixed Primordius' damage reduction against non-mutated players that's how early Heroic Primordius kills were done provided their healers could handle the extra damage intake.

However I will say that Durumu is one of the easier bosses in ToT LFR. In ascending order of difficultly (e.g. individual player responsibility on a raid-wide level) I would rate LFR ToT bosses in the following order:

Primordius -> Tortos -> Jinrohk -> Durumu -> Twin Consorts -> Megaera -> Council -> Iron Qon -> Ji-kun -> Horridon -> Dark Animus -> Lei Shen

Edit: Here's a kill video showing how "hard" Heroic Primordius was before the nerf.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-09-08 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    It's a simple concept. The execution SUCKS. It's purple crap on a freakin' purple floor. It's almost impossible to SEE! If they'd made it lime green, I'd get it. As it is, I don't understand why they're so obsessed with testing my VISION!

Granted, I'm playing on low settings so I don't know if it's easier for you to see or not, but for me, it sucks.
    You should seriously check up your either your eyes or your screen. One of them is not alright. The lines are just as visible on low settings as they are on high settings.

http://i.imgur.com/8QcLPi9.jpg

There's nothing purple about the floor, it's gray/brown/black/green. The wiggly lines go from a black border to purple to white in the middle. That isn't even close to the floor color. If anything they're a little thin. And they keep wiggling around quite a lot, on only one side of the beam, yet you still can't make out a difference? Mind you, I am fully zoomed out in that screenshot, meaning that is as small as they get.

These lines aren't even remotely close to being broken. Ice wall LoS, slow/indecisive Eye Sore and random add explosions are annoying.

Do you know how I fixed people's "bad graphics"? I taught them how to find the right side of the beam. Same goes for running the maze.

Durumu will kill you if you can't use your eyes, and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selesnya View Post
    You should seriously check up your either your eyes or your screen. One of them is not alright. The lines are just as visible on low settings as they are on high settings.

http://i.imgur.com/8QcLPi9.jpg
    It doesn't stay looking like that at all. I think this is what he's referring to:

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/ddvT-_NRQAg/maxresdefault.jpg
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

Durumu on the PTR is the hardest fight ever.

the thing i find confusing bout the maze.. is the illusion. the purple lines go everywhere.. but people can still run through them and be safe.. it creates a false image, people on the left side of duru will die, but people on the right side should be fine. where is the safe point exactly? u just have to hope and guess u followed the right people. overall its a really stupid mechanic, id find halions beams, sinestras cutters, grand vizier's discs, or pretty much any other mechanic much easier to avoid cause you can see it better. plus the duru fight is so boring, you fall asleep during it, aside from the maze portion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Except he isnt wrong. Far from it.

There are 3 types of people in LFR:

-Bads
    -overgeared real raiders that want to flex epeen and dont need to be in LFR.
    -afking/trolling cunts (usually from the kazzak server)
    whoa whoa whoa. im like ilvl 530ish holy pally and i run most wings once or twice a month atleast. great for picking up offspec gears and VP. i dont do dailies other then to get my 50 marks.

OT i try to help or point out the main points on bosses, but only if someone asks, which is like 1/100 times. i had a guy on this fight say he has died to it over 10 times and has never figured it out, i explained it to him, even told him to follow me. he still died. also there is a plethora of vids and stuff on the webs, cant help people if they dont want to take 5min and help themselves.

also....just mark someone thats been there before...when the maze starts stack on them and follow. really that simple. and to the heroes who stand in the purple stuff and dont even try no you dont get heals from me. if everyone does it right there isnt any healing needed in the first place.