Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    640
    I tend to lag on this fight in LFR, because of the maze and the issues with healing causing a drop in performance. Since it's only LFR, I run through the smoke. (=)

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Yea something in that tone, or the all time favorite ''I farm this on heroic on my main'' is pretty cringe worthy as well.

    But the point I was trying to make was that I never see people who want to change or improve. Of course I don't go up to every single person to ask if they want help with something, but no one seems to take the initiative.
    I think this because most LFR raiders simply don't care about their performance. I've thought a lot about why it seems the overwhelming majority of players arnt very good at this game and i think it comes down to a few points really.

    First of all people who raid LFR exclusively really don't care about their performance in the slightest, these are the sort of people who use the default Blizzard UI with 1 still bound to auto attack. They don't have any form of DPS meter so they have absolutely no idea how they're preforming against other players and if they see 100k damage appear on their screen (this is ofc assuming they actually enabled floating combat text) then they will automatically assume they're doing acceptable damage to the boss.

    People will hide behind the "I have a life" excuse as if it somehow shields them and grants them the ability to be terrible and for that to be acceptable. But when I look at it a lot of things become clear. If I had to raid with the absolute default UI with no key bindings and no auras to track my cds and trinket procs and whatever else is valuable knowledge to me i would probably not be playing great either.

    I don't think any of this is an excuse for LFR raiders to be bad but i feel like a lot of top players cant really fathom it because they're use to playing with key binds and having addons to enhance their play style and ultimately their dps.

    I guess this dwells a little off-topic and people will say "well none of this explains why they cant run through a maze" and I agree it doesn't but at my first point i said they most of the time they really don't care and I honestly believe im right.

  3. #63
    Brewmaster Tucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,328
    No matter what they say they were in the exact same position at some point whether it be gear or experience, even if they weren't there for very long.
    i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz | GTX 670 SLI OC | 8gb DDR3 1600 | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | X-Fi Platinum | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | LG M2762D-PM 27" 1080p | Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 | CM Stacker STC-T01 | Razer Naga/Logitech MX-518 | Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Red | Logitech G330/Audio-Technica ATH-M50

  4. #64
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    No matter what they say they were in the exact same position at some point whether it be gear or experience, even if they weren't there for very long.
    Not even remotely.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Durumu LFR's difficulty has nothing to do with anything on the ground-- it has to do with that beam chasing you. The maze does practically no damage in LFR and too big a deal is made of it.
    Dude, in the beginning i had several runs where 2-5 people was left standing after the maze phase, and we wure the only one that knew what was going on, that shit is how garalon was pre nerf.....

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyricals View Post
    I think this because most LFR raiders simply don't care about their performance. I've thought a lot about why it seems the overwhelming majority of players arnt very good at this game and i think it comes down to a few points really.

    First of all people who raid LFR exclusively really don't care about their performance in the slightest, these are the sort of people who use the default Blizzard UI with 1 still bound to auto attack. They don't have any form of DPS meter so they have absolutely no idea how they're preforming against other players and if they see 100k damage appear on their screen (this is ofc assuming they actually enabled floating combat text) then they will automatically assume they're doing acceptable damage to the boss.

    People will hide behind the "I have a life" excuse as if it somehow shields them and grants them the ability to be terrible and for that to be acceptable. But when I look at it a lot of things become clear. If I had to raid with the absolute default UI with no key bindings and no auras to track my cds and trinket procs and whatever else is valuable knowledge to me i would probably not be playing great either.

    I don't think any of this is an excuse for LFR raiders to be bad but i feel like a lot of top players cant really fathom it because they're use to playing with key binds and having addons to enhance their play style and ultimately their dps.

    I guess this dwells a little off-topic and people will say "well none of this explains why they cant run through a maze" and I agree it doesn't but at my first point i said they most of the time they really don't care and I honestly believe im right.
    so you're assuming every single person who raids LFR exclusively is a bad player?

    how wrong you are

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    all you have to do is attack boss and run in a circle.

    other bosses have you doing more then that, primordius you gotta stack buffs after they run out, and make sure you dont step in the purple shit, thats more effort.

    jin'rokh you gotta move out the lightning storm thing, stand in the buff water, move from ball lightning or whatever it is.

    council you gotta switch targets to attack, kill adds, dodge sand shit, move when you got debuff.

    all require more effort than durumu which has 1 tactic: run in a circle when needed
    Twin Consorts and Meg are both easier than Durumu in RF.
    Also, overly simplifying one boss and overly complicating others doesn't prove your point well.
    Jin'rohk all you really need to do is handle the puddles in RF, lightning balls won't do much.
    And you missing killing the adds on Durumu, moving out of Force of Will, and dealing with life drain, if you're going to over complicate fights.
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    "It’s not what you have, or what you can do. Just being born, living your life… before you know it, you’re already special to someone."

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    so you're assuming every single person who raids LFR exclusively is a bad player?

    how wrong you are
    I've thought a lot about why it seems the overwhelming majority of players

    overwhelming majority of players
    majority of players
    majority
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majority

    I guess one could interpret my post and come to assumption ive met every single player who raids LFR exclusively and assessed their skill level but those sort of people are stupid.

    My point was to shed light to people who arnt bad at the game and have trouble grasping why a lot of players in LFR seem to struggle with simple mechanics and do way below sub-par dps.
    Last edited by Lyricals; 2013-09-07 at 01:45 AM.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Twin Consorts and Meg are both easier than Durumu in RF.
    Also, overly simplifying one boss and overly complicating others doesn't prove your point well.
    Jin'rohk all you really need to do is handle the puddles in RF, lightning balls won't do much.
    And you missing killing the adds on Durumu, moving out of Force of Will, and dealing with life drain, if you're going to over complicate fights.
    well its all down to a matter of opinion on what people think is the easiest fight in raid finder. i think its durumu as all i have to do is attack the boss and run in a circle when needed, barely have to use any defensive/healing cd's whereas i do have to on other fights such as meg during rampage phase. twin consorts would be a close second to durumu though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyricals View Post
    I've thought a lot about why it seems the overwhelming majority of players

    overwhelming majority of players
    majority of players
    majority
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majority

    I guess one could interpret my post and come to assumption ive met every single player who raids LFR exclusively and assessed their skill level but those sort of people are stupid.

    My point was to shed light to people who arnt bad at the game and have trouble grasping why a lot of players in LFR seem to struggle with simple mechanics and do way below sub-par dps.
    First of all people who raid LFR exclusively really don't care about their performance in the slightest, these are the sort of people who use the default Blizzard UI with 1 still bound to auto attack.
    ^ that is what you said, and from that it seems like you are assuming every person who raids LFR is a bad player, which is wrong. i do not raid anything other than LFR and i can assure you i do not fit the profile of the "LFR raider" you have described in your post
    Last edited by Tanzlee; 2013-09-07 at 01:48 AM.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    well its all down to a matter of opinion on what people think is the easiest fight in raid finder. i think its durumu as all i have to do is attack the boss and run in a circle when needed, barely have to use any defensive/healing cd's whereas i do have to on other fights such as meg during rampage phase. twin consorts would be a close second to durumu though.
    Have you ever healed Twin Consorts on RF? It's a total snoozefest...normal isn't that much better either, except at least some of it hurts. It's one of the reasons I don't do the last part of RF anymore. The other part being obviously Lei Shen.

    But I'll pull out of this, as it is just an opinion like you said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyricals View Post
    , these are the sort of people who use the default Blizzard UI with 1 still bound to auto attack. They don't have any form of DPS meter so they have absolutely no idea how they're preforming against other players and if they see 100k damage appear on their screen (this is ofc assuming they actually enabled floating combat text) then they will automatically assume they're doing acceptable damage to the boss.
    Also what's wrong with the default UI? It works well at what it's meant to do, and I use, even after trying elvUI, which annoyed me while trying to tank on my paladin. I don't think having a custom UI would improve my playing in any way, shape, or form, except maybe I wouldn't have to add totems to my bar for situational needs.
    Also pretty sure floating combat text is enabled by default.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2013-09-07 at 02:01 AM.
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    "It’s not what you have, or what you can do. Just being born, living your life… before you know it, you’re already special to someone."

  11. #71
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellhowl View Post
    Do you mean LFR? I'm confused. It IS very easy, however.
    But not if you haven't experienced it before. Watching videos is great, but the videos make almost everything look easy.

    @OP: Yes, that's usually how it goes. You get heroic raiders saying how easy normal is, because they've been in guilds that find normal easy so they've never been in the kind of guild that finds normal hard as shit, however moreso than other situations you get people that think because THEY have never seen it, it can't possibly exist for anyone.
    NOBLESHIELD
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Twitch Stream | Wayniac#1291


  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    ^ that is what you said, and from that it seems like you are assuming every person who raids LFR is a bad player, which is wrong. i do not raid anything other than LFR and i can assure you i do not fit the profile of the "LFR raider" you have described in your post
    I guess if you want to take it word for word then yes what i said was that every single player who raids LFR is bad but by using the power of common sense I would assume that person isn't talking about everyone but rather an overwhelming majority which I still stand by in saying are bad.

    It's no big secret that most people who play WoW arnt very good at it in terms of them being a valuable member of even a normal mode raiding guild which basically boils down to the points i listed in the first place and its not a bad thing by any means, if someone doesnt want to put in the effort to learn their rotation. Learn to use Addons and learn to use keybinds that has no effect on me at all until they decide to step inside the same LFR as me.
    At this point it does become my concern because these people are almost essentially dead weight. Someone pulling 30k dps in ToT LFR gear and dying to easily avoidable mechanics is of absolutely no use to anyone and hinders the raid more than helps.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    No, it is absolutely not easy to find your way to the clear paths in the fog during the death beam phase the first couple of times you are there. I'm sure, like most things, it will seem like a breeze once you do it a few times.

    The responses on this thread reinforce my point. So many people simply cannot see things from the perspective of somebody who is doing something for the first time.
    I'm sure it is hard to not see the maze.

    IF YOU ARE BLIND.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Durumu LFR's difficulty has nothing to do with anything on the ground-- it has to do with that beam chasing you. The maze does practically no damage in LFR and too big a deal is made of it.
    Oh, you mean the beam that moves slow as molassus.
    The beam that moves so slow I could go takea shit, and still be back before it hits me?

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    its probably without a doubt the easiest fight in lfr
    So you think Jin'Rok was harder? Really? The "stand in the big blue spot and DPS with your eyes closed then run to his crotch and repeat" boss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Oh, you mean the beam that moves slow as molassus.
    The beam that moves so slow I could go takea shit, and still be back before it hits me?
    I've died to that beam during one of my first few ToT LFRs as a healer because I had to keep stopping to save people and then it apparently moved more than 100% movement speed and caught up to me.

  15. #75
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    ...is iLevel 545 and has already beaten Durumu 8 times in Normal and 3 times in Heroic.

    Wipe on Durumu in the LFR and people are pretty decent about it. A bunch of players asked for advice. Said that it was their first time and they had watched the video of the fight but it was still pretty confusing. All the over-geared tank could do was laugh and say how easy it is.

    The thing that amazes me the most in multi-player games is how many players are completely unable to see things from the perspective of somebody with less experience. Or maybe it's just that their need to beat their own drum, feel superior and stroke their own ego is no intense that it overrides everything else.
    But it is easy. It was easy the first day I did it. It has gotten even easier. In 4 days it will be so much easier because it will be forgotten as old content.





    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    its probably without a doubt the easiest fight in lfr
    Your post makes no sense.. It's either probably or without a doubt. How can we trust the opinion of a guy who can't even manage 10 words without ambiguity?

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    To be fair, having done this fight countless times, one thing always gets me: Exactly how & where does the maze first spawn? I group up with the melee which usually works, but it's never really been apparent exactly how the maze appears.
    When the laser beam appears you should be standing directly under it (it doesn't do any damage until it starts moving which doesn't happen for about 10 seconds). About 5 seconds after the laser beam appears there will be sort of purple squiggles (not to be confused with the purple eye sores that define the maze) on 1 side of the laser beam and that is where you should be standing. The area with the squiggles will be the clear area and you can then just watch as the maze opens up ahead of you.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn4GPhUKxJw

    Times to look out for in the video above:
    2:26 the beam appears. (you should directly stand under it while waiting to see which side the squiggles are on)
    2:31 the purple squiggles appear to the left side of the beam (you should move to this side of the beam)
    2:41 the beam starts moving round and the maze begins opening up for players to move into.

    Basically people have 10 seconds from the squiggles appearing to get themselves into position before the beam even does anything. I even spam this macro as soon as the squiggles appear: /say THIS SIDE OF THE BEAM NOW and yet there's still about 10 people dying to the beam on a lot of tries.

    I think most people don't realise that you can and should stand under the beam when it appears... and I think another problem is that people either don't notice the squiggles on the floor which are telling them where they should start the maze or they think they are actually part of the maze and so are scared to stand in them.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-09-07 at 02:26 AM.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    So you think Jin'Rok was harder? Really? The "stand in the big blue spot and DPS with your eyes closed then run to his crotch and repeat" boss?
    yeah cos i had to focus on where to run to and stand more than once whereas for durumu i just had to run in a circle once

  19. #79
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    ^ that is what you said, and from that it seems like you are assuming every person who raids LFR is a bad player, which is wrong. i do not raid anything other than LFR and i can assure you i do not fit the profile of the "LFR raider" you have described in your post

    there it is again. those two mutually exclusive words in the same sentence.





    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    so you're assuming every single person who raids LFR exclusively is a bad player?

    how wrong you are
    Except he isnt wrong. Far from it.

    There are 3 types of people in LFR:

    -Bads
    -overgeared real raiders that want to flex epeen and dont need to be in LFR.
    -afking/trolling cunts (usually from the kazzak server)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •