Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    For something that does practically no damage, it sure kills a lot of people
    like i said its usually lag. when you see 10 people drop like bricks and none of them were near the beam its gonna be lag for the most part. either connection lag or video lag.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    its probably without a doubt the easiest fight in lfr
    seriously? durumu is easier than, oh, say, Stone guard, or gara'jal?

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    like i said its usually lag. when you see 10 people drop like bricks and none of them were near the beam its gonna be lag for the most part. either connection lag or video lag.
    No, it's not "usually lag". It's people who either A) Still fail to understand that the beam is instant death, B) People who auto-attack/afk the boss, C) People who are just genuinely awful at pve in any form, or D) Lag

    I run WoW on a SHIT laptop, and I run durumu with spell effects set to high, and I don't get any frame lag. Stop making shit up when you have no evidence to support it.

  4. #164
    The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    like i said its usually lag. when you see 10 people drop like bricks and none of them were near the beam its gonna be lag for the most part. either connection lag or video lag.
    No don't make that bullshit please don't do that that's like one of the most ''terrible'' excuses a raider can make and I'll classify the typical LFR raider well a RAIDER in that area despite It's LFR. It's like your in progression and you die to stupid shit then the raid leader calls you out wtf do you say? ''OH I'M LAGGING I'M SORRY'' LOL

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    he can very rarely be bothered to provide any form of proof to back his arguments whereas you have.
    I provided more than enough info to dismiss the post I was originally referring to, which was 'you can run around in the maze wall all day and not die'. 40k / second damage if you cannot find the path is enough to back my argument.

    So I'm not sure what your point is, or exactly what you're reading.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I provided more than enough info to dismiss the post I was originally referring to, which was 'you can run around in the maze wall all day and not die'. 40k / second damage if you cannot find the path is enough to back my argument.

    So I'm not sure what your point is, or exactly what you're reading.
    Well, you are kind of ignoring the existence of healers, but well, it's LFR. Stranger things have happened.
    For ex the log where 2 healers where dead, and only 1 wasn't afk, now solo-healing 20 players while some afk ppl are standing in mess is... meh. SO yeah, they can die to it, but... this isn't the standard. Mostly they will heal ppl trough millions of damage. >_> Primarily to pad meters, but still...

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonwraith View Post
    No, it's not "usually lag". It's people who either A) Still fail to understand that the beam is instant death, B) People who auto-attack/afk the boss, C) People who are just genuinely awful at pve in any form, or D) Lag

    I run WoW on a SHIT laptop, and I run durumu with spell effects set to high, and I don't get any frame lag. Stop making shit up when you have no evidence to support it.
    there are people who afk and who dont know to group up on that phase so they are stuck out in the open. the fog will kill them. yes ive seen people hit by the beam but mostly its falling behind going through the maze. either crappy connection (or wireless), spell effects too high for people with a low end system or crappy video card.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post
    seriously? durumu is easier than, oh, say, Stone guard, or gara'jal?
    we're talking about ToT, come on man keep up, keep up.

  9. #169
    Blademaster Valerossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    There
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    fixed it for you.

    - - - Updated - - -



    yep. and playing with air soft rifles on the weekend is fighting a war.
    Says the guy who is 1/13H after 5 months of ToT and puts that "achievement" in his signature.....

  10. #170
    Warchief Mifuyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gardens of Gensokyo
    Posts
    2,213
    Durumu maze is shitty and I found myself dying in it quite a few times.
    The beam obviously isn't a problem, it's the visibility of the "maze", together with 20 people clusterfucking the spots imo.
    This is coming from a 13/13 raider.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-09-07 at 04:35 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fuyne/advanced
    http://www.twitch.tv/mifuyne , livestreaming LoL/WoW/Skyrim/BF4
    FC: 2036-8654-5100 - come play pokemans with me!

  11. #171
    general rule of thumb :- mad cos bad

  12. #172
    I like the Durumu fight, its a retard check and its always fun to see how people fail.

    I remember the first time i was there, since its LFR i dont really bother to check tactics since i cant be bothered but as a "hardcore/semi-hardcore" raider the past years i have enough experience to figure shit out.

    "Oh look, a big beam, that looks like C'thun's, yeah lets run from that..Oh purple clouds , guess they are bad..Where to now?" Its not rocket science, i died a bit after since the pathing wasnt fully "clear" before it got changed graphics wise but that was the only death in Durumu ever, and that was 1 hour after the LFR part got unlocked.

    Havent died ever since during that ability since its a joke to bypass.

    Its just the quality of the player, if after ~2 tries you still cant figure out that one side of the room is full of lightning on the ground and thats where you should go.. and slowly just wait for the path to appear since you have averagely 3 seconds of standing still while the path appears..

  13. #173
    Herald of the Titans Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    2,951
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I provided more than enough info to dismiss the post I was originally referring to, which was 'you can run around in the maze wall all day and not die'. 40k / second damage if you cannot find the path is enough to back my argument.

    So I'm not sure what your point is, or exactly what you're reading.
    Except you only run into the problem of running out of room at the end.

  14. #174
    I'm more puzzled by the fact 6 months later people still die to that "one-shot-beam-of-death"... by that time, you think people would have figured it out.

    Then again, there are still people dying on Elegon's floor boss.

  15. #175
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    Durumu is pretty annoying in LFR if you've only seen videos. And what is a 545 tank doing in LFR anyway?

    de stressing after the raid week and getting a laugh at LFR "raiders"?


    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    You can't class LFR fights from easiest to hardest. There's Lei Shen and then there's the rest. I don't think I've ever wiped to Jin, Horridon, Council, Meg, Durumu, Prim, IQ or Council in LFR. Others maybe once?

    There is no "easiest fight" if they're all easy.

    Edit: Just came back a month and a half ago. There were probably more wipes at the beginning.
    One fight requires 2 blows to conquer, one requires a single blow. Even though you have a 99.999999% success rate on one and 99.999998% on the other, one of them is per definition easier.
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    de stressing after the raid week and getting a laugh at LFR "raiders"?
    destressing in LFR? O_o Usually the exact opposite happens.

  18. #178
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    Says the guy who is 1/13H after 5 months of ToT and puts that "achievement" in his signature.....
    check your numbers bubba. our first guild kill was on 9 july, with approximately one month down time between then and now in which I was firing tank gunnery at Ft. Picket. So yeah. slow progress.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    destressing in LFR? O_o Usually the exact opposite happens.
    to each their own. I find LFR pretty comical.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Well, you are kind of ignoring the existence of healers, but well, it's LFR. Stranger things have happened.
    For ex the log where 2 healers where dead, and only 1 wasn't afk, now solo-healing 20 players while some afk ppl are standing in mess is... meh. SO yeah, they can die to it, but... this isn't the standard. Mostly they will heal ppl trough millions of damage. >_> Primarily to pad meters, but still...
    my first LFR durumu kill consisted of myself, a guild healer, and three dps killing him as we were the only ones alive after the first maze. for content that is designed for 25 players tell me how that is not undertuned.


    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    To be fair, having done this fight countless times, one thing always gets me: Exactly how & where does the maze first spawn? I group up with the melee which usually works, but it's never really been apparent exactly how the maze appears.

    http://imgur.com/YltD2hl

    Note; this is OLD maze.. the new maze is kinda the opposite where the *teeth//Openings* actually appear in front of you instead of behind you towards the beam like they used to..

    but you get the idea I hope.

    ps: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+the+durumu+...or+dummies+gif

    (I do understand that perhaps searching for 'gif' at the end is not that obvious.. but STILL...)

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Again: stuff on ground = bad.

    It's a pretty basic concept.

    Just because it's a pretty little maze (snake), or a giant laser of death/purple stuff (Durumu), or freakin' lightning doesn't mean the concept has changed AT ALL.
    It's a simple concept. The execution SUCKS. It's purple crap on a freakin' purple floor. It's almost impossible to SEE! If they'd made it lime green, I'd get it. As it is, I don't understand why they're so obsessed with testing my VISION!

    Granted, I'm playing on low settings so I don't know if it's easier for you to see or not, but for me, it sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I'm more puzzled by the fact 6 months later people still die to that "one-shot-beam-of-death"... by that time, you think people would have figured it out.

    Then again, there are still people dying on Elegon's floor boss.
    You realize that not everyone's been doing ToT for 6 months right?
    Last edited by rayden54; 2013-09-08 at 02:54 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •