Key to the Palace of Lei Shen

So, for far too long this lil' key has been a complete mystery to me, how does it work?

Getting the first key of the week isn't exactly rocket dentistry; Kill a rare, loot a trove, or do dailies. But once you've done that, how the bork do you get the second key? I've heard a ton of variations on this, like only being able to get one key per week (Which isn't so), only being able to get one key per week from kills, and one from quests, or only being able to get one key per week from Trove/kill and one from quests, or being able to get three per week from kill+trove+quests.

So, which is it? Can I get three keys per week? Can I loot a key from a trove, and still get a key from killing rares?

How the bork does the bloody thing work!

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

One with high drop chance from rare/throve - after that there's a small chance to get another from all the sources that could previously get you one. You could get 10 in a week.

Pretty sure trove and mob keys are linked to one a week total between those sources, and 2nd (or more) keys can only be obtained from your sunreaver bounty.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    So, which is it? Can I get three keys per week? Can I loot a key from a trove, and still get a key from killing rares?
    How the bork does the bloody thing work!
    i dont know of a third way, but you can defo get a key from a trove around the isle of thunder & by killing a rare.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i dont know of a third way, but you can defo get a key from a trove around the isle of thunder & by killing a rare.
    Are you positive you can get one from both Trove and rares in the same week though?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Pretty sure trove and mob keys are linked to one a week total between those sources, and 2nd (or more) keys can only be obtained from your sunreaver bounty.
    See, this is what I figured. I've managed to get a second one from sunreaver bounty, but I've never managed to get a key from both Rares and Troves in the same week.

Are you positive you can get one from both Trove and rares in the same week though?

See, this is what I figured. I've managed to get a second one from sunreaver bounty, but I've never managed to get a key from both Rares and Troves in the same week.
    Well according to Bashiok, you can get one from killing any mobs on the island, and then another from the other sources, so it doesn't seem they are connected.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...90109?page=1#7

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Well according to Bashiok, you can get one from killing any mobs on the island, and then another from the other sources, so it doesn't seem they are connected.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...90109?page=1#7
    "Other sources" could refer to the dailies though? I've yet not managed to find a single person who can confirm getting both a key from Troves and from killing mobs in the same week lockout.

I got 4 in a week once, one from trove, two from rares and mobs and one from arcane troves, so there's probably small chance on everything to drop additional key per week. Mind you, that happened only once and i'm exalted with kirin tor offensive on 6 different chars, second key per week is kinda common (1 in 3 chance in my experience) if you do dailies every day.

You can get your second key (or more) for a week from any source that previously could give you one. I've gotten multiple from troves, mobs, bounties, etc during this tier (not from looting the same trove). It isn't simply limited to the bounty.

The Patient
    I have received 4 keys in one week. It has been awhile but I did get one from a Trove and one from a rare in the same week.

I have to wonder if these people saying they've gotten one from both a rare and a trove just had ones from previous weeks sitting in their bags. I've had multiple weeks where I got one from a trove first and then killed dozens and dozens of rares (on two characters each) and I've never gotten one both from a trove and a rare in the same week, nor has anyone in my guild.

Not saying this isn't the case. Sample sizes and such. Just seems odd. And I wonder if maybe it happened very early in the tier before possibly getting fixed or something.

yes mate, ive done it many times.
    at one stage i had 8 keys in my bag & when i finally decided to do the solo scenario's i came away with 1000+g, god knows how many motes of harmony & a good 4 or 5 keys to open the boxes at the end.
    Last edited by twistedsista; 2013-09-08 at 09:04 AM.

Every week i get two keys. I kill a rare and then as soon as the rare hits the floor i run off and hunt troves. A few times i've found 2 troves and gotten a total of 3 keys in a week.