Talking Choose our 3's comp [5.4]

I've been browsing the forums for some time now and finally decided to make a profile because I was looking for a little guidance for this upcoming patch.

Now that we can cross-realm arena, my friends and I are planning on making a strong 3s comp for this upcoming season. We are all experienced in the lower 2000s rating, respectfully, but are trying to shoot a little higher. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated ! These are the classes we have at our disposal.

Player 1: rogue, sham , war
    Player 2: priest
    Player 3: druid, mage.

What do you guys and gals think would be the most viable comp ?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ele sham, disc priest, frost mage imo is best comp out of those picks(also a personal favorite to heal.) or kittycleave with the disc but ferals cyclone is getting nerfed, not cool. or ele, spriest, rdruid, also viable.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2013-09-06 at 11:53 PM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    ele sham, disc priest, frost mage imo is best comp out of those picks(also a personal favorite to heal.) or kittycleave with the disc but ferals cyclone is getting nerfed, not cool. or ele, spriest, rdruid, also viable.
    Thank you for the input! You'd take the above mentioned over RMP next season?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Needsomeadvice View Post
    Thank you for the input! You'd take the above mentioned over RMP next season?
    also viable but i have not queued into any rmp's this season. not sure why no1 plays it anymore. but from personal experience rmp is a very hard comp to play and you just get better results with less effort from other comps.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Needsomeadvice View Post
    I've been browsing the forums for some time now and finally decided to make a profile because I was looking for a little guidance for this upcoming patch.

Now that we can cross-realm arena, my friends and I are planning on making a strong 3s comp for this upcoming season. We are all experienced in the lower 2000s rating, respectfully, but are trying to shoot a little higher. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated ! These are the classes we have at our disposal.

Player 1: rogue, sham , war
    Player 2: priest
    Player 3: druid, mage.

What do you guys and gals think would be the most viable comp ?
    Hey there, and welcome to MMO-C.

Assuming you guys can play all the specs listed on those classes, there is a couple comps that could work.

Warrior / Mage / Priest (Disc or Holy) will be exceptionally strong next patch if played correctly. It's better with a Rdruid healer but unfortunately your Mage is the one with the Druid listed. It can still work very well with a Priest though. It's play sort of similar to FMP, in that the Warrior will be putting out incredible pressure/damage while the Mage runs around CC'ing and bursting whenever he can. Warriors also have a fair amount of peels for teams that are pressuring the Mage.

Ele / Mage / Priest (Disc or Holy) will also be strong as DiscoGhost mentioned. Personally I don't really enjoy the comp, if the enemy healer has any clue what he's doing he'll just keep his team clean of flameshocks and you'll have barely any damage output. It's a good comp, and some people have good success with it, but I wouldn't say it's the strongest that you have available.

Rogue / Spriest / Rdruid - RPD. RPD is one of those comps that if you are fantastic at, is absolutely incredible to both play and watch. The burst damage that can come out of this comp is absolutely crazy, but you have to be good at swapping and double/triple CC'ing - and peeling for the Rogue. This comp is getting all round buffs to all 3 classes and RPS is already a semi-strong comp with a few people running it to glad level when Rogues are weak. If you want a comp where you can improve and try and get skillcapped - this is it. Very very hard to play well, and learning to stay alive against cheesy cleave teams is very difficult. But this comp is very rewarding (and so is 100-0'ing healers in a cheap).

Spriest / Mage / Rsham - Typical shatterplay. Not the strongest listed but a very viable comp. It's very much a healer killer but can do well without killing healers or swapping. It's a pretty 'safe' team, in that there is a lot of things that can be done to stop damage or burst from the enemy team. There is a hell of a lot of videos for this comp, it's pretty heavily played.

Other comps that could be played, but in my opinion won't be that great: FPS (Feral/Spriest/Rsham), RMP (Rogue/Mage/Priest), Ele/Feral/Priest, Kittycleave (Warrior/Feral/Priest).