Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They could just always make a prequel if they don't want to interfere with plot.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    id love to see a warcraft 4 on a sc2 type engine with sc2 graphics and such. would be pretty awesome but in reality as long as WoW is going i dont think we'll see a warcraft rts. seems like there would be too many conflcting issues with story and such

I figure RTS versions of the WoW expansions could be interesting, and might clear up some lore since it is a different medium.

Pretty sure Chris Metzen said they wont do WC4 until WoW is still alive

So with best optimism we could say that WC4 will come 4-5 years AFTER WoW has died and it prob wont be anything good because i honestly dont see WC4 being anything at all after Blizzard has drained all the Warcraft story/lore for its expansions not to mention so much story/lore has been retconned that future stories would be incredibly stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Would be nice to have a WC4 with ALL the in-game faction races that we're able to play in WoW itself right now.
    But that requires alot of work, And WoW is still doing great for its age, so don't think we see a WC4 any time soon.
    Having 13 races would also be impossible to balance, unless they made all of them virtually the same (AoE-style)

10+ Year Old Account
    they really should go there. just wrap up wow with 2 new expansions, and then move Warcraft into, lets say, a 20 year forward cycle in the new game, with new characters, ones grown up now.
    #boycottchina

I'd like a WC4 just because the WC4 map editor would be awesome and the custom games would be amazing. SC2 custom games are really awful compared to the WC3 Frozen Throne games, so I figure if there was a WC4 game out it would get some really great custom games as well. Time will tell I guess though, I'm not expecting a WC4 anytime soon, if ever at all.

They made a friggin online spinoff card game they're coming out with that has featured booster pack purchases and their main MMO have several in-game cash-shop options - all in addition to the subscription.

...the real question is "WHEN is Warcraft IV coming out" than if it is coming at all. :P

(((Yes, they can. All they have to do is tie it into an expansion of the same theme/time/enemies. Boom - storyline issues DONE!)))

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    They made a friggin online spinoff card game they're coming out with that has featured booster pack purchases and their main MMO have several in-game cash-shop options - all in addition to the subscription.

...the real question is "WHEN is Warcraft IV coming out" than if it is coming at all. :P

(((Yes, they can. All they have to do is tie it into an expansion of the same theme/time/enemies. Boom - storyline issues DONE!)))
    They could do that, they would just have to make sure that the story in WC4 isn't telling the same story in WoW at the same time. That way, you don't spoil anything. For example they could have MoP out and then have Warcraft 4 telling the story of the pandaren rebellion against the Mogu or Emperor Shaohao's story etc. It actually wouldn't be too bad of a way to add backstory to newly created lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I wanna see custom hero classes that take your character from WoW and import it into WC4.
    This would be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    they really should go there. just wrap up wow with 2 new expansions, and then move Warcraft into, lets say, a 20 year forward cycle in the new game, with new characters, ones grown up now.
    They would make way more money keeping WoW running then they would with a Warcraft 4. There is zero reason for them to shut WoW down in order to release a new RTS game especially considering they could just as easily keep WoW going and release another Starcraft RTS in it's place.

I sooo wish for Wc4, if it's anything like Wc3. Sc2 doesn't cut it for me, wc3 was way more fun with heroes, micro-intense battles over macro. They could easily make an alliance race and a horde race. Perhaps demon, naga and faceless races? : O

My only beef is that i'm afraid blizzard wouldn't make an epic storyline just because they'd rather keep it for WoW... The return of the legion could make another great sequel, although that's a bit overdone... making the war vs the faceless/old gods and their naga minions/azshara could be interesting, but i think everyone is expecting that for WoW.

I think that we will see it eventually, but not for quite a long time

Would be kinda cool to see it based on the Caverns of Time so they don't have to worry about it affecting WoW.

I'd prefer they finish WoW before making Warcraft 4. Warcraft 4 would make radical changes to the story and progress a lot further and faster than they do in WoW. Plus it would be a nice segway into WoW 2.

Blizzard acknowledged that when Starcraft 2 was being created that Warcraft next game would be designed in the same way with individual campaigns being done per expansion. Will we get Warcraft 4......it will most likely be the next game that the Starcraft 2 team works on after they are done with the current game.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    They aren't going to end WoW just to make a WC4 though unless the subscription numbers dive dangerously low. I doubt that would happen in 'The Dark Below'.
    Not end WoW for Warcraft 4, but end WoW in terms of storyline and progression respectably without pushing any further than it needs to be. I mean, I doubt barely anyone here would want them to let WoW become totally and utterly tragic and then end it. It's plausible for them to work on Warcraft 4 whilst WoW is at its end, release it and work on a second WoW whilst Warcraft 4 is going through it's development and releasing it after Warcraft 4 is done.

It would be better that way, as who would really want a giant break until Warcraft 4 and then another giant break until a full updated version of WoW is released.

As long as WoW remains so successful I see no way to make WC4 fit in the story as much as I would love there to be one. Unless theres a WoW2 planned I could see a WC4 as the set up to the next game but otherwise doesn't fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing i liked about the Warcraft games was the Story.
    The gameplay was pretty boring...

I hope they continuing to focus just on WoW.

WC4 thread pops up from time to time. I would say the chance WC4 will happen is almost zero because

1. RTS market these day is not large enough compare to MMO,MOBA,FPS or any casual games out there. It doesn't justify the cost of making epic RTS with a lot of cinematics and high production value.

2. SC2 sold around 6 million copies not including HotS so now it's fastest selling RTS game of all time but you know what? the sell pales in comparision to WoW or D3. HS will likely give more money to Blizzard in the long run too.

3. RTS genre in general simply doesn't suit the direction gaming market is going these day. The industry is leaning toward easy to pick up and mechanically accessible games. RTS genre hardly has them.

4. RTS market has transformed itself into MOBA market. MOBA is the form of RTS that has been "changed" to cater to players these day.

All of these are coming from a big fan of Blizzard's RTS games especially StarCraft series like me. My prediction is that Blizzard will likely not make another RTS game after they are done with SC2. They will shift their gear to Blizzard Allstar.