View Poll Results: What's your choice? And Why?

Voters
56. This poll is closed
  • Guardian Druid

2 3.57%
  • Protection Paladin

18 32.14%
  • Monk Brewmaster

15 26.79%
  • Hunter

21 37.50%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Solo content (tough elitè) and old raid, after the obvious DK?

1) I know, DK it's a solo machine, but after this class, what classe you think have more ease on soloing content like Warbringer and old raid?

2) I've noticed Druid Guardian and Monk, doesn't show very often on the discussions, why?

What's than your 2nd choice?
    How much it's away from the DK?

Excluding also the Warlock.

Thanks.
    Last edited by psychok9; 2013-09-07 at 12:39 AM.

LoL. If you include Huntards you have to include Locktards as they both have minimal tanking ability.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    LoL. If you include Huntards you have to include Locktards as they both have minimal tanking ability.
    Eh. I don't think he has to. Hunters are known for being able to solo tons of content. Locks aren't really known for it. Not saying they can't, but it's like saying why not include the mage (who may or may not be able to solo content).

Neither are really known for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Eh. I don't think he has to. Hunters are known for being able to solo tons of content. Locks aren't really known for it. Not saying they can't, but it's like saying why not include the mage (who may or may not be able to solo content).

Neither are really known for it.

Because, unless you are doing old content that is so old that it cannot damage you, you will always need something to keep the boss off you. So normally tanking classes. And before the rogues and enhancement shamans chime in, yes i realize that there were a very limited number of bosses that you guys could cheeze way back when.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

You really need to be more specific than just "Warbringer and old raid". Nearly every class can solo Warbringers and any 10 man WotLK or older raid. Plus we need to consider the kind of damage one would be taking; in low Vengeance scenarios and equal ilvl DKs will beat all other tanks in terms of doing damage and ease of survival but at high Vengeance levels then Paladins + Monks really start to shine while DKs suffer because they are the only tanks whose Active Mitigation does not scale with Vengeance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks are about on par with DKs due to both thier high amounts of self healing (Equivalent to DKs), and their higher-then-other-tanks dps. Their avoidance makes up for any lack of armor by far, especially on fights with high number of adds. They also have a few decent defensive CDs against magic.

Druids self healing is also high, but they lack defensive cooldowns which can be extremely useful while soloing the harder stuff. They do have decent damage, though.

Protection Paladins aren't as good as all of the above- they do have self healing, and they do have damage, but they dont scale well without vengeance. On the harder hitting fights, they will be up there with DKs, but otherwise they are below everything else, except prot warriors.

Hunters can solo some stuff, but no-where near as much as the tanking classes, due to the squishyness of pets. This might be changing next patch with the massive amounts of pet-healing buffs happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Nearly every class can solo Warbringers
    By kiting or tanking? Maybe some can with kiting, but few can by tanking it.
    Moorden (Main)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moorden View Post
    By kiting or tanking? Maybe some can with kiting, but few can by tanking it.
    the subject is soloing.

@OP go with hunter. it's always more fun to solo on a hunter than a tanking class. but if you really want the extra survivability and don't want to roll DK, go with prot pally. bubble > monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been soloing heroic dungeons on my mistweaver.

Because, unless you are doing old content that is so old that it cannot damage you, you will always need something to keep the boss off you. So normally tanking classes. And before the rogues and enhancement shamans chime in, yes i realize that there were a very limited number of bosses that you guys could cheeze way back when.
    You're suggesting hunters can't tank bosses is what I'm seeing. You'd be surprised, considering that in Cata Atramedes was solo'd as a hunter, most of ICC was solo'd by hunters, Alyrazor was soloable then too. Almost every heroic 5 man boss was also soloable.

Get a turtle/beetle and watch it tank. Suggesting that hunter's can't tank what is considered solo content (or even on occasion, near current raid content) is absurd unless you've never taken a look at what they can do.

I guess you're right, the hunter itself cannot tank at all. But you really should give the pet's some credit, can link some videos if you want from what I've personally done when I still played or find other relevant vids.

Really a silly topic anyway though, DKs will always be the best at it xD.
    Last edited by lazypeon100; 2013-09-07 at 03:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, Warlock have good tanking ability, I've excluded it for my personal choice

You really need to be more specific than just "Warbringer and old raid". Nearly every class can solo Warbringers and any 10 man WotLK or older raid.
    I don't think so... pure caster dps classes, like Shaman, Druid or Mage are literally open in two with two shots of the Warbringer.

Plus we need to consider the kind of damage one would be taking; in low Vengeance scenarios and equal ilvl DKs will beat all other tanks in terms of doing damage and ease of survival but at high Vengeance levels then Paladins + Monks really start to shine while DKs suffer because they are the only tanks whose Active Mitigation does not scale with Vengeance.
    The Vengeance improve survivability?
    From what I know it shortens the duration of the combat improving only the dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Monks are about on par with DKs due to both thier high amounts of self healing (Equivalent to DKs), and their higher-then-other-tanks dps. Their avoidance makes up for any lack of armor by far, especially on fights with high number of adds. They also have a few decent defensive CDs against magic.
    Seems good.

Druids self healing is also high, but they lack defensive cooldowns which can be extremely useful while soloing the harder stuff. They do have decent damage, though.
    Can heal very often? I've tried 5 times, in pair (my shammy elemental), with a Druid tank and we failed (die too fast).
    The druid gear was not so bad.

Protection Paladins aren't as good as all of the above- they do have self healing, and they do have damage, but they dont scale well without vengeance. On the harder hitting fights, they will be up there with DKs, but otherwise they are below everything else, except prot warriors.
    On patch 5.4 vengeance seems to be scaled down anyway... (with packs mobs).
    I am not so much interested allla speed of combat, but rather the ease with which survives to it.
    If the paladin, for its survival, is in great need of it then I would just delete from list.

Hunters can solo some stuff, but no-where near as much as the tanking classes, due to the squishyness of pets. This might be changing next patch with the massive amounts of pet-healing buffs happening.
    Yeah, but seems a little boring...In any case, there seem to be differing opinions about the hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    the subject is soloing.

@OP go with hunter. it's always more fun to solo on a hunter than a tanking class. but if you really want the extra survivability and don't want to roll DK, go with prot pally. bubble > monks.
    DK wins on Pally considerably? Pally on Monk?

You're suggesting hunters can't tank bosses is what I'm seeing. You'd be surprised, considering that in Cata Atramedes was solo'd as a hunter, most of ICC was solo'd by hunters, Alyrazor was soloable then too. Almost every heroic 5 man boss was also soloable.

Get a turtle/beetle and watch it tank. Suggesting that hunter's can't tank what is considered solo content (or even on occasion, near current raid content) is absurd unless you've never taken a look at what they can do.

I guess you're right, the hunter itself cannot tank at all. But you really should give the pet's some credit, can link some videos if you want from what I've personally done when I still played or find other relevant vids.

LOL
    Last edited by psychok9; 2013-09-07 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psychok9 View Post
    LOL
    Confused as to what I said that was funny/stupid cause I'm assuming you're laughing because you think what I said was dumb? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK wins on Pally considerably? Pally on Monk?
    it really depends on the encounter. pally have more options than monks on what they can solo due to their cheat death and bubble mechanics but might not survive a dps race. but yeah geared DK > both considerably.

This is right.

Deleted
    We don't need to cheese, there's plenty of bosses that we shammies can do (WotLK 25 and Cata 10 too)...not to mention all the current 5-man HC's etc.

I would have to go with hunters especially Beast Master hunters with a spirit beast or a turtle

They have a whole toolbox of tricks that they can use that other classes simply dont have and with 5.4 coming it will get better such as stampede going back to the way it was and spirit bond going from 2percent to 3 percent so hunters get second wind all the time.

Plus a tank spec pet can hold its own very, very well and you can dispell any debuff on a pet with ease thanks to the new glyph

So yeah its hunters all the way IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Confused as to what I said that was funny/stupid cause I'm assuming you're laughing because you think what I said was dumb? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Laughing for this:
    Because it's true, but I excluded in the beginning for this.

When the hunter tank tough stuff on videos, the character is very good equipped?
    Can you link some videos?

I fail to see why warlocks doesn't apply to this poll? I do believe they're one of the top 3 strongest soloers at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters are known for being able to solo tons of content. Locks aren't really known for it.
    I really hope thats a joke, because if it's not, you obviously don't play a Warlock. I'm not saying they're as good as the DK, but they're not far behind Hunters. Both can do old content fairly easily with tanking pets/minions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I really hope thats a joke, because if it's not, you obviously don't play a Warlock. I'm not saying they're as good as the DK, but they're not far behind Hunters. Both can do old content fairly easily with tanking pets/minions.
    It wasn't a joke. I no longer play WoW, so I apologize if this is no longer the case.

When I played, Locks could solo a number of things, but it was never anywhere close to what Pallies/Hunters/DKs could do. So I apologize again if I've spread any misinformation.

Laughing for this:

Because it's true, but I excluded in the beginning for this.

When the hunter tank tough stuff on videos, the character is very good equipped?
    Can you link some videos?
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up. You're right, typically the hunter is well equipped gear wise. And sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNWIdA7-LCQ

That's a video of me tanking Heroic Morchok for my guild when it was still technically current content. I'll admit that we out geared it as we had already beaten heroic deathwing at the time and there was the 30% buff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj6Tq3meaU8

That's a video of me soloing Festergut at level 85. From what I know/knew, there were only two other known people to do so before me (A DK who's name slips me, and I believe the other was Caribald).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUIik1vxBYM
    (part 1 because I was DPSing really slow during the video)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrmXeETkDm8
    (part 2)

That's my solo on Heroic Wise Mari at level 90. I apologize as I do not remember the name of the dungeon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42pmClXdVYI

That's a video of Mionelol soloing Atramedes at level 85 (I believe he did so just one tier after Atramedes was current content).

I made a guide on the US WoW forums awhile back to help hunters solo as much as possible which actually received a sticky.
    Last edited by lazypeon100; 2013-09-08 at 06:15 PM.