Deleted

Graphics card assistance

Hoping that this is the right place to ask for help.

I'm running WoW on quite an old PC that a friend put together for me but my graphics card has just died. I've come to you to ask for some advice if possible. I've been recommended multiple cards by multiple people but I'm so out of my depth and I don't have a clue where to start. I figure it might be simpler to post the list of parts my PC is built from and go from there.

The only change that has been made to it is that it now has 4gb of RAM rather than the 2 listed.

i.imgur.c om/FFhnDy1.png

I'm after something around the £100 mark or lower ideally. Also, if you list more than one could you rank them or show some kind of comparison as I have very little knowledge in this area.

Thanks for any help given

Considering blizzard favors nvidia and that the two cards have basically the same performance go for the 650 ti.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    It would be nice if you can list your parts (or just your processor and motherboard) to determine compatibility and to determine if there will be any bottlenecks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanael View Post
    It would be nice if you can list your parts (or just your processor and motherboard) to determine compatibility and to determine if there will be any bottlenecks.
    Look at the link they posted and you can see the specs or look at the pic below.

You might need to overclock to get some better performance out of the old CPU, though it should be fine as is if you keep a few of the more taxing settings off(AA/MSAA/etc). Grab a half-decent cheap air cooler and you should be able to squeeze a few some more speed out of that sucker.

This is their Mobo by the way > http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5Q/

And sweet jesus i hope you got that PSU on sale or given to you or something. Talk about extreme overkill.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-09-08 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Hate it when I click edit and it throw in my entire post twice
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.