Tia, new champion idea

So I couldn't sleep and decided to design a new champion for LoL while awake. Obviously, since this is a first pass thing, there's likely some serious balance issues. This is an assassin in the vein of Diana and Nocturne, and ideally her play-style is based heavily on waiting and timing the perfect surgical strikes. I'd love to know what your thoughts are, as well as what things stand out as problematic balance-wise.

Tia, the Storm Serpent
    Passive: Static Gift
    Passive: Static Electricity flows from Tia to all nearby enemy champions within 600 range, causing them to gain Static Charges every 5 seconds. When consumed, each Static Charge deals 5 (+10%AP) magic damage. Maximum of 25 Static Charges. Static Charges do not expire, but they can be cleared by returning to the shop. Tia's basic attacks consume 1 Static Charge each.

Q: Heart of the Storm
    Active: (8 sec cd) Tia transforms into pure electrical energy, teleporting to the target and dealing 50/65/80/95/110 (+20%AP) magic damage to all enemies in a 11º cone. Heart of the Storm has 150 range for each Static Charge on the target. Consumes all Static Charges on all targets hit, and has a 0.5 second reduced cooldown for each Static Charge consumed.

W: Electromagnetic Coil
    Passive: Tia's basic attacks deal 10/20/30/40/50(+10%AP) additional magic damage. Additionally, Static Charges that are consumed by her basic attacks deal 60/70/80/90/100% increased damage.
    Active: (20 sec cd) For 4 seconds, enemies within 600 that are moving away from Tia have their movement speed slowed by 20/25/30/35/40% and gain 1 Static Charge per second.

E: Blinding Flash
    Active: (36/32/28/24/20/16 sec cd) Tia releases a flash of light, dealing 50/65/80/95/110(+20%AP) magic damage to all enemies within 250 and blinding enemies that were facing her for 2 seconds.

R: Tempest's Wrath
    Passive: Increases the range of Static Gift by 0/25/50%, and grants Static Gift to all allied champions with a 30% reduced range.
    Active: (120/100/80 sec cd) Tia becomes a nexus of electrical power, increasing the flow of Static Charge to one every second for 10 seconds. After the effect expires, the passive bonuses are lost until Tempest's Wrath is off cooldown.

Sounds like a cool idea, I like the electricity theme, but; W might be too strong with 2 passives that significantly boosts mere autoattacks, especially at early levels just by waiting, imagine it later with an on-hit effect build, you could rival an ADC, and that's not the point of AP. It causes the wrong attitude = don't be an active player, just whait. And the fact that the charges don't clear is bad as well, they should have an expiry either by exiting the stacking range or a timer.

Increase the stacking rate of the passive and put it on a timer/range expiry for more dynamic, you'd still have to wait for an opening for your precision strike anyway, and if you're ganking either from mid or as a jungler you rarely have the opportunity to just wait around until Ezreal got his double-kill on your bot laners and -then- go in a clean it up because your burst wasn't sufficient otherwise.

Swap the damage for Q and E. A movement spell should not be that powerful compared to a 'burst' spell.

It's a bit hard to give real criticism when it's not there to 'touch' and try. And I'm a tool with ratios, however, I could see the passive and W stack together a bit too effectively. But...her kit would not rival another assassin, like Talon or Zed, who can be ready with a high powered engage immediately if it's needed. Be it as a jungler or laner. This champ has a cool concept don't get me wrong, but were does it fit? A lane? She depends too much and sitting around. A lane could go potentially disastrous with an early aggressive laner like Brand or Ahri or even Akali at some point. And don't make me mention Fizz...

If she were to jungle, which she could with that kit, albait maybe not the most effectively, then her cover would be blown as soon as she's close by for a gank, as you see the charge pop up.

I'm sorry if I ramble. But yeah. Maybe it would be better to just give Tia herself the stacking charge, that way you're always ready in case something unexpected happens with at least something, as her getup seems a but too specific to be a smooth current. I think that's mostly my problem yeah.

Well that and potential abuse, but that's always the case, so don't take it so harshly, I'm just trying to find what I can on it, and again, it is a pretty cool concept! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    If she were to jungle, which she could with that kit, albait maybe not the most effectively, then her cover would be blown as soon as she's close by for a gank, as you see the charge pop up.
    Well, Fiddlesticks already has that problem, doesn't he?

I would replace W passive with some skillshot, she seems to lack something with a bit longer range to wave clear (or maybe can change range like Diana's Q)

Rest sounds cool though.

Hey, thanks for the great feedback! I agree, as presented originally she is too focussed on auto attacks, and too weak if she hasn't been sitting around for a while. A big part of her gimick is that she transfers energy to the enemy champions to explode later, and her Q is supposed to be a significant nuke once built up, so rather than get rid of those completely I figured I would reduce the charge up time. After removing the passive effect of her W, I think she would have a hard time killing creep/jungle, especially since she doesn't have amazing trade in lane: to compensate for this, I decided to revamp her E into a nuke/last hitter combo that doesn't need any build up time, so she can be at least somewhat scary in lane.

I'm in a dilemma about the passive though, because ideally most of the stacks should come from her allies via the ult, thus allowing her long-range ganks. If the duration is too short, then she needs to be in close proximity building stacks for a while before she is useful, whereas a longer duration allows her to build stacks slowly over time even if she needs to leave lane for a bit. I mitigated this a bit by giving her a way to stack charges a little faster.

Tia, the Storm Serpent
    Passive: Static Gift
    Passive: Static Electricity flows from Tia to all nearby enemy champions within 600 range, causing them to gain Static Charges every 5 seconds. When consumed, each Static Charge deals 15 (+10%AP) magic damage. Maximum of 10 Static Charges. Tia's basic attacks consume 1 Static Charge each. If a champion has not gained any Static Charges in 30 seconds, they begin to expire at a rate of 1 Static Charge per 10 seconds.

Q: Heart of the Storm
    Active: (8 sec cd) Tia transforms into pure electrical energy, teleporting to the target and dealing 50/65/80/95/110 (+10%AP) magic damage to all enemies in a 11º cone. Heart of the Storm has 300 range for each Static Charge on the target. Consumes all Static Charges on all targets hit, and has a 0.5 second reduced cooldown for each Static Charge consumed.

W: Electromagnetic Coil
    Passive: Increases Tia's movement speed by 4/8/12/16/20%.
    Active: (20 sec cd) For 4 seconds, enemies within 600 that are moving away from Tia have their movement speed slowed by 20/25/30/35/40% and gain 1 Static Charge per second.

E: Blinding Strike
    Active: (16 sec cd) Tia shocks the target for 100/140/180/220/260(+50%AP) magic damage, stunning it for 0.3/0.4/0.5/0.6/0.7 seconds. Adds 1/1/2/2/3 Static Charges over 6 sec if the target is a champion. When Blinding Strike kills the target, its cooldown is reset. 400 range.

R: Tempest's Wrath
    Passive: Increases the range of Static Gift by 0/25/50%, and grants Static Gift to all allied champions with a 30% reduced range.
    Active: (120/100/80 sec cd) Tia becomes a nexus of electrical power, increasing the flow of Static Charge to one every second for 10 seconds. After the effect expires, the passive bonuses are lost until Tempest's Wrath is off cooldown.
    Last edited by gonterf; 2013-09-07 at 03:37 PM.

You could build her as support and just stack your team with tanks/bruisers and her passive would do all the dmg for them. The longer the fight goes on the more passive AOE dmg goes out. Its like putting a supercharged Sunfire Cape with a massive range on the entire team.

Hmm, you make a good point. I'm not sure it's a huge problem though. She has to be there in melee range to proc the static, even if she runs out again right away. At a cap of 10 stacks (about 30 sec to build fully on one target, maybe a minute on the whole enemy team?), she only does 150 damage to each champ baseline without significant AP. You'd probably get better bang for your buck with a full AP Diana just sitting back and hitting q on cooldown, except that Tia would excel at chasing or fights where the enemy team is spread out. My thoughts were that she would probably start out laning, but transition into a mobile ganker mid-game. She's probably a bit overpowered atm though, especially her slow.

For her ulti, I wanted her to be able to quickly jump to allies and join fights after 6 similar to Nocturne, and so the main function of the static is to boost the range of the Q. At 6, allies would build static at 420 range, which would involve some effort on the part of ranged champs. I think that's balanced, especially since none of the damage actually gets done unless Tia comes around to poke. With that in mind, the passive should perhaps do less damage, or maybe scale with level similar to Diana/Darius' passives. At 18, as pointed out above, I think her main problem would just be that she needs time to build up charges before the bulk of her usefulness comes into play, which could really hurt her during the final stages of the game when her teams isn't spread out poking and building stacks for her.

I also just realised that I didn't modify her ulti active with the decrease in number of static stacks, making the ulti active way overpowered compared to how I wanted it.

Deleted
    I doubt riot will want ideas for new champions, who knows "who" is working behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by wsx123 View Post
    I doubt riot will want ideas for new champions, who knows "who" is working behind them.
    A) A creative project is worth more than its commercial value.
    B) Part of the joy of fantasy is in making the fantasy your own.
    C) If Riot wants my ideas, they have my resume on file.
    D) The designers behind League of Legends are just people, people have limitations and sometimes appreciate validation in what they do.
    Hope one of those strikes a positive note <3

Deleted
    The skills sound Jannaish