Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzcon Proposal

Has anyone done this on stage before? I am planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me while we are there and wondering about how to get in contact with the right people to set something up for a proposal.

It happened in '10 or '11 during one of the contests. Completely caught the camera guys off-guard, so the people watching from home only saw the last half of it.

Deleted
    Why would it matter if someone else has done it before? If its special to you and your soon-to-be wife then that's all that should matter. If someone else has done it, are you not going to do it?, As means of getting it done.. when your girlfriend goes to line up on stage tell the guys you're there to give her background support or she needs you there to calm her nerves before going up, They won't turn you down.

Bottom line: Do it, Your wife and yourself both share an interest and to do it in front of 100s/1000s of people then them clapping, cheering and congratulating you both will be a moment not to forget.

Good luck my friend
    Last edited by mmoc2010a3fa10; 2013-09-07 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishundra View Post
    Why would it matter if someone else has done it before? If its special to you and your soon-to-be wife then that's all that should matter. If someone else has done it, are you not going to do it?, As means of getting it done.. when your girlfriend goes to line up on stage tell the guys you're there to give her background support or she needs you there to calm her nerves before going up, They won't turn you down.

Bottom line: Do it, Your wife and yourself both share an interest and to do it in front of 100s/1000s of people then them clapping, cheering and congratulating you both will be a moment not to forget.

Good luck my friend
    he never said he wont do it hes asking for advise on who to contact about it from some one who has
    blah blah blah...

Deleted
    Just ask the staff there. I'm sure they will be able to help.

Hey! That was me, it was in '10 during the costume contest. It caught me off guard too when, not just the camera guy, I knew nothing about it, and wearing that hood, I couldn't see him until he grabbed my arm. But yeah, talk to the staff members, they were really cool. However, I don't think they would have let him do it if I wasn't already in one of the contests; but he snuck off and spoke to the staff first thing when we got there, so I'd definitely recommend doing that first.
    I'll be there this year too, so good luck!

We are not in any of the contests at the moment but I was thinking if that was the case just something stupid like the male undead dance for the dance contest. Something I can easily teach her before hand and we can both be on stage at the same time for. Of course that is if the I can still get us both in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by windvogel View Post
    Hey! That was me, it was in '10 during the costume contest. It caught me off guard too when, not just the camera guy, I knew nothing about it, and wearing that hood, I couldn't see him until he grabbed my arm. But yeah, talk to the staff members, they were really cool. However, I don't think they would have let him do it if I wasn't already in one of the contests; but he snuck off and spoke to the staff first thing when we got there, so I'd definitely recommend doing that first.
    I'll be there this year too, so good luck!
    Yeah I watched that on youtube after I made my OP. It was really cute.

Deleted

Good luck bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It happened in '10 or '11 during one of the contests. Completely caught the camera guys off-guard, so the people watching from home only saw the last half of it.
    Pro tip: If you are going to do something interesting, mention it to the guy with the camera first.

I'm still face-palming that we had just one elaborate dance move at our wedding, and neither photographer or video-guy got it - because we didn't warn them. (some people got it with their own cameras though)

Am I gonna have to be the asshole to ask the OP what's gonna happen if by chance is girlfriend says no to his proposal?

I don't understand the fascination of public proposals like this. It's not romantic, the people at blizzcon are there for the content, not to see you propose.

The only thing that would make it worth watching, is if she says no.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Am I gonna have to be the asshole to ask the OP what's gonna happen if by chance is girlfriend says no to his proposal?
    I think OP is aware of what the risks are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not the least romantic but good luck if you go through with it
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Not the least romantic but good luck if you go through with it
    I'd argue what one person thinks is romantic is considered really really lame to others.

For instance, I proposed to my current wife when I picked her up from the airport once. She said it was perfect.

I would argue that the spontaneity of it would be far more romantic than going ring shopping with your SO then giving it to them at Christmas or at another wedding.

OT:
    I really hope you follow through on this. I'll be at Blizzcon and will totally be expecting this now.

Well, it's 10 times more romantic than my brother and sister. My brother asked her while driving to go do some bowling. He stopped the car in the middle of nowhere. My sister and her husband where laying in bed talking about it and after a lengthy discussion decided to get married.

Yes, she could say no but she most likely will say yes. Only one way to find out unless you enjoy the status quo.

Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy029 View Post
    Has anyone done this on stage before? I am planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me while we are there and wondering about how to get in contact with the right people to set something up for a proposal.
    Don't do this....do something romantic and not a dumbass publicity stunt.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    What you consider romantic may not be the same as what someone else considers romantic. I mean, I personally wouldn't want to be proposed to at Blizzcon, but other people might be different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Well, it's 10 times more romantic than my brother and sister. My brother asked her while driving to go do some bowling. He stopped the car in the middle of nowhere. My sister and her husband where laying in bed talking about it and after a lengthy discussion decided to get married.

Yes, she could say no but she most likely will say yes. Only one way to find out unless you enjoy the status quo.

Good luck!
    When I first read this I thought you were saying your brother married your sister.

Deleted
    Failed marriage proposals are hilarious. I encourage everybody to propose in public, preferably where they will be caught on TV cameras. We need more of these. The buzzer in the first one fucking kills me.

Last edited by mmocb3fb419dbb; 2013-09-07 at 04:30 PM.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    How about don't say dumbass comments? Because by proposing to his partner is in no way a "publicity stunt"