Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think its tacky proposing in front of a ton of ppl simply for the sake of.. actually thats the part i don't get, if your gunna do it, do it, don't wait for the one time were she can't say no without making you both look like asses.

if your going to do it though, i don't see why they wouldn't let you.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2013-09-07 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    How about don't say dumbass comments? Because by proposing to his partner is in no way a "publicity stunt"
    When you do it on stage in front of thousands of people, it is.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    When you do it on stage in front of thousands of people, it is.
    Publicity Stunt "an event staged to get public attention or for marketing purposes" http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/publicity+stunt

Might help to know what something means before using it wrong, twice.
    He isn't doing it for attention, or selling something, He want's to propose in a way he feels is most special to him and his partner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Publicity Stunt "an event staged to get public attention or for marketing purposes" http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/publicity+stunt

Might help to know what something means before using it wrong, twice.
    He isn't doing it for attention, or selling something, He want's to propose in a way he feels is most special to him and his partner.
    Sure he's doing it for attention, otherwise he wouldn't be doing in ON A STAGE in front of THOUSANDS of people, and the thing he's selling is himself to his fiance, in front of all those people. Think of the embarrassment, pressure, etc etc he is putting on her. Even if she wanted to say no, do you think she would be able to with all those people starting at them, expecting her to say yes? That's not romantic, that's selfish.

THINK!!
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Sure he's doing it for attention, otherwise he wouldn't be doing in ON A STAGE in front of THOUSANDS of people, and the thing he's selling is himself to his fiance, in front of all those people. Think of the embarrassment, pressure, etc etc he is putting on her. Even if she wanted to say no, do you think she would be able to with all those people starting at them, expecting her to say yes? That's not romantic, that's selfish.

THINK!!
    Yea, you might try to think too, You're making shit up to try and bolster your crappy argument, and it looks silly to be honest lol
    And just because you don't believe in Romance, doesn't mean noone else does, and yes actually, If you had even bothered to read this thread, you would've seen the videos people linked, people say no all the time

Selfish...lol
    Last edited by GKLeatherCraft; 2013-09-07 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, you might try to think too, You're making shit up to try and bolster your crappy argument, and it looks silly to be honest lol
    And just because you don't believe in Romance, doesn't mean noone else does, and yes actually, If you had even bothered to read this thread, you would've seen the videos people linked, people say no all the time

Selfish...lol
    Ignore him, he has a way of reading what's not there and creating his own little fantasy scenarios in his head.

As for the proposal, I don't see how something two people both love doing together could be seen as unromantic when involving a proposal, not everyone cares for rose petals and walks down the beach and .. well, whatever other people perceive as romantic.

Since I started off being the mean guy, I'll continue with this discussion: I find proposing in front of a lot of people to be tacky.

I mean. It's one thing if you're at a baseball game and they just put it up on the screen real quick during a commercial break. But making a big deal out of it at a video game convention and asking for it to be recorded? Sorry but, people paid to see games, not for you to use it as an opportunity that most people don't care about.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    What you consider romantic may not be the same as what someone else considers romantic. I mean, I personally wouldn't want to be proposed to at Blizzcon, but other people might be different.
    I used to think those were neat and romantic too... but now, after talking with many people, I realize just how much pressure that can be for somebody - to have ALL those eyes on you, with everybody expecting you to say "yes" - as opposed to you saying "no" and making it seem like an "out of context heel". When I watched that video that person linked, the last one made me verbally shout "MONTHS!?!" when he said "These have been the happiest months of my life". Seriously... MONTHS!? In my book there should at LEAST be a year before a proposal! That kind of commitment takes time to build and to understand every aspect of what you're getting into. >_<

One friend of mine proposed to his now-fiancee in front of her entire family at Thanksgiving. God I couldn't imagine the pressure on that - that's just unfair!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Ignore him, he has a way of reading what's not there and creating his own little fantasy scenarios in his head.

As for the proposal, I don't see how something two people both love doing together could be seen as unromantic when involving a proposal, not everyone cares for rose petals and walks down the beach and .. well, whatever other people perceive as romantic.
    Yeah good idea lol, And yes some people don't realise that for something to be romantic, it doesn't have to contain songs, and roses lol

Deleted
    Honestly, it would be my personal NIGHTMARE if my lover would propose to me in front of an audience. But well... I guess it's a matter of personality. I don't like crowds - even without drawing all the attention to me. A proposal to me would be a highly intimate moment - thus I wouldn't like any "uninvolved" person to be there. Add on top of that the pressure of EVERYBODY expecting you to say "yes".
    And I know that many women are like that.

But, and this is the point here, not all women are like that and if your hopefully soon-to-be bride is fine with that and has a personality that likes this kind of thing and thinks of it as romantic go for it and I wish you all the luck. But please think about this carefully beforehand whether this really floats her boat or not.

And I'm sure the staff would be willing to help (it gets them publicity after all).
    Last edited by mmoc8ba4c3f6b2; 2013-09-07 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Selfish...lol
    Actually, I partially agree with Lovecraft. Proposing on stage is attention seeking in a way that he/she wants everyone to basically acknowledge their love and show "the world" that he/she is serious. It doesn't really matter what his or her motives are for doing it, but they do want acknowledgement from others (attention).

I don't agree with the selling part though as they are already together and he/she doesn't have to sell all of his/her strong points because they are already together. Otherwise they wouldn't be at that point in the first place. :P

But in any case, following the criteria you provided this can indeed by a publicity stunt.

Personally though, I'm happy I'm a man at these times. If I were to be proposed to like this I'd freak the fuck out lol. I'd rather keep it between us, intimate and stuff. Also, if I get rejected then at least I can twist the truth about what happened instead of seeing my face in embarrassment for the rest of my life on youtube :P

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I'm still trying to figure out how a couple in love don't already know they are marrying each other just from every day conversations and pillow talk.

Deleted
    if your going to do it, then for the love of all things holy, get a good Cosplay costume hidden there before hand

Good Luck, And dont take any notice of the people saying its a publicity stunt, its no different from doing it in a restaurant, except you have a few more people there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how a couple in love don't already know they are marrying each other just from every day conversations and pillow talk.
    It's quite easy. Sometimes people aren't honest.
    I've been there myself that I just said things back not to disappoint someone. She: "You're the one for me my true love <3333" Me:"That's so cute!^^ " She:"I'm the one for you too right baby? *-* " Me: "-pause- Yes you are! ^^' "

Personally I really don't like it when they start talking about "You're the one!" or "What will or kids be like?!" after a few weeks of being together. This so called pillow talk really creeps me out :P But yeah, in order to not disappoint someone I'll just go with the flow, regardless if I mean it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Actually, I partially agree with Lovecraft. Proposing on stage is attention seeking in a way that he/she wants everyone to basically acknowledge their love and show "the world" that he/she is serious. It doesn't really matter what his or her motives are for doing it, but they do want acknowledgement from others (attention).

I don't agree with the selling part though as they are already together and he/she doesn't have to sell all of his/her strong points because they are already together. Otherwise they wouldn't be at that point in the first place. :P

But in any case, following the criteria you provided this can indeed by a publicity stunt.

Personally though, I'm happy I'm a man at these times. If I were to be proposed to like this I'd freak the fuck out lol. I'd rather keep it between us, intimate and stuff. Also, if I get rejected then at least I can twist the truth about what happened instead of seeing my face in embarrassment for the rest of my life on youtube :P
    Well I don't agree, he's not doing it for attention, he's doing it there because it's a significant event they will both very much enjoy, and it's an event that only comes around every couple years. So no, I don't see how it's a stunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't agree, he's not doing it for attention, he's doing it there because it's a significant event they will both very much enjoy, and it's an event that only comes around every couple years. So no, I don't see how it's a stunt.
    Like I said, it may not always be his or her main motive, but it's a side effect nonetheless. Also, some people do choose to pop the question in front of an audience because they deem it to be romantic.

I also believe that there are ways to propose in a more intimate way on a major event. You don't have to propose on stage in front of thousands of people you know.

So yeah point still standing I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Like I said, it may not always be his or her main motive, but it's a side effect nonetheless. Also, some people do choose to pop the question in front of an audience because they deem it to be romantic.

I also believe that there are ways to propose in a more intimate way on a major event. You don't have to propose on stage in front of thousands of people you know.

So yeah point still standing I believe.
    A publicity stunt, is something someone chooses to do, it's not a side effect, some people choose to do things like that for it, the OP has not, and yes, you don't have to propose in front of people, but some people see it as romantic.

So yeah, point still standing I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    if your going to do it, then for the love of all things holy, get a good Cosplay costume hidden there before hand

Good Luck, And dont take any notice of the people saying its a publicity stunt, its no different from doing it in a restaurant, except you have a few more people there
    There's a difference between proposing at an event/location and interrupting that event to involve both the event and everyone else there, to witness that proposal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    There's a difference between proposing at an event/location and interrupting that event to involve both the event and everyone else there, to witness that proposal.
    Yes, and I highly doubt he's just going to run up on stage, halfway through a panel to throw the question, People here just have no idea of what Romance is, and why people choose certain locations, not everyone is after getting the most "hits" on youtube once their video goes out.

Are you giving her a Stone of Jordan.... If so DO IT!!!