Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    A publicity stunt, is something someone chooses to do, it's not a side effect, some people choose to do things like that for it, the OP has not, and yes, you don't have to propose in front of people, but some people see it as romantic.

    So yeah, point still standing I believe.
    I think we lack information on what really drives the OP to do this to say anything like that. Though I was speaking about proposing like that in general. Not necessarily the OP. However because he wants to pop the question on stage, we could assume that this is a case of attention seeking. Doesn't have to be intentionally or the main reason, but it's there.

    Anyways, you're contradicting yourself. You say they choose to do it like that in front of thousands of people because they feel it's romantic. At the same time they interrupt whatever the audience was doing and focus their attention on you to witness your major event. The whole attention part is intertwined with proposing in front of a mass. You can not magically cut it out.

    Attention will always be part of it, regardless of your reasons to do so.

  2. #42
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    754
    As a female who is attending Blizzcon with her 5-year boyfriend in November..

    I would be in shock (in a good way) if he decided to propose to me there in front of all of those people. It would take some major kahunas to go through with it, considering there is a risk of being publicly embarrassed from rejection. And as a Blizzcon attendee, I'm not going to be bothered if the event stops briefly for a proposal. Anyone who gets agitated at that just.. needs more love in their life, methinks.

    I'll be ready to cheer you on (hopefully she says yes?!?). ^__^
    On break / retired from WoW until WoD(?)
    Currently playing Wildstar as a Stalker. Rawr. :3

  3. #43
    Brewmaster Palmz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,265
    Better to do it alone. Why include 10,000+ people into the mix? You're almost forcing her to say yes. Why do it out of random necessity when there is no emotional connection to the event? If that is where you guys met though, then that would be cool indeed. If not? No, fucking stupid.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Am I gonna have to be the asshole to ask the OP what's gonna happen if by chance is girlfriend says no to his proposal?
    The quickest bubblehearth ever I think.

  5. #45
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I think we lack information on what really drives the OP to do this to say anything like that. Though I was speaking about proposing like that in general. Not necessarily the OP. However because he wants to pop the question on stage, we could assume that this is a case of attention seeking. Doesn't have to be intentionally or the main reason, but it's there.

    Anyways, you're contradicting yourself. You say they choose to do it like that in front of thousands of people because they feel it's romantic. At the same time they interrupt whatever the audience was doing and focus their attention on you to witness your major event. The whole attention part is intertwined with proposing in front of a mass. You can not magically cut it out.

    Attention will always be part of it, regardless of your reasons to do so.
    I'm not contradicting myself, You obviously don't know what that means, you didn't even give an example of how I supposedly did that.

    As some people seem to be totally unaware, let's clear a few things up, People generally plan to get married, once, and thus, they want the proposal to be highly memorable, So people will often choose places that are already memorable themselves, which in turn makes it even more memorable for those involved.

    There is a huge difference between getting attention while doing something, and doing something for the attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobysnacks View Post
    The quickest bubblehearth ever I think.
    I litrelly pulled out an old account (reseted password since I havent logged into mmo-champ in years) JUST SO I CAN QOUTE THIS.

    I laughd my ass off, thank you sir.

  7. #47
    If someone would ask me to get married I'd like to be private rather than asked in front of thousands of people. I'd decline that proposal in a heartbeat. You put such pressure on the other person it's not even funny...
    ~ Streaming stuff and drawings ~

  8. #48
    The Patient Paladinne1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    England, guvnah.
    Posts
    226
    If it fails, put it on YouTube so we can all have a good laugh!
    [sic]

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Sure he's doing it for attention, otherwise he wouldn't be doing in ON A STAGE in front of THOUSANDS of people, and the thing he's selling is himself to his fiance, in front of all those people. Think of the embarrassment, pressure, etc etc he is putting on her. Even if she wanted to say no, do you think she would be able to with all those people starting at them, expecting her to say yes? That's not romantic, that's selfish.

    THINK!!
    Oh fucking lighten up Francis.
    "No more 1966. Lets splurge! Bring us some fresh wine! The freshest you’ve got, this year! No more of this old stuff."
    On Parole from Retard Rehabilitation since October 22, 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Tradewind isn't helping.

  10. #50
    Please don't try to do this on the live streams. I don't want to see you proposing with my subscription. I'd rather smell a fart.

  11. #51
    Very self indulgent, without any consideration for your girlfriend. Using it to get attention is just tacky. You are doing it to marry the woman you love, not performing at the VMA's. Also, do you not think it's putting her under pressure to say "yes"?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    I don't understand the fascination of public proposals like this. It's not romantic, the people at blizzcon are there for the content, not to see you propose.

    The only thing that would make it worth watching, is if she says no.
    This. One of the more important events and such a boooooooooooring cliche.

    But hey - that's people for you - most of them are uncreative boring sad bunch.

    I bet even sex is dull for OP.

  13. #53
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    935
    Well its not me and my SO kind of thing, but if its an important event for you two it would be great. What a lot of people dont seem to understand in this thread is that Blizzcon may have some significant meaning for the couple. What if that is where they first met? What if that is where they share most of their common interests? I would guess that OP knows his GF better than what you guys do.

    If you want to go through with something like this I would talk to some of the staff there, Camera crew, scene crew and so forth. I would bet they will be more than willing to help you out with this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •