Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Why doesnt Jaina just solo Orgrimmar

She has the Thunder King's power in her staff and the focusing iris. Just shit on the whole city in 10 minutes and call it a day. Or are thousands of needless alliance casualties a better alternative because lollore

I hope we get to kill her in 5.5
    Bane

While she could very much solo all of Orgrimmar, I think her King would freak the hell out, especially if there are prisoners of War within. Thrall, Saurfang, Eitrigg are all inside, along with "Theramore citizens" (which don't make sense at all) and Ji Firepaw and his Huojin Pandaren.

I think the slaughter of the innocents still inside Orgrimmar is what's stopping her.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would she be able to defeat Garrosh?

Horde plot armor. The only thing that can defeat the Horde is the Horde itself. They only ever lose to infighting, never because of an outside force. Although Jaina doing it herself is pretty lol too.

Cause Mages arent dragon ball z characters.

We'd all be waiting outside. we'd see garrosh plant her on a spike 10 minutes later.

The same reason Thrall didn't defeat all the bosses in Dragon Soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's a game, not a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Cause Mages arent dragon ball z characters.

We'd all be waiting outside. we'd see garrosh plant her on a spike 10 minutes later.
    No, but wouldn't it be amazing if Jaina WAS a DBZ character? She's half way there - Laura Bailey, her voice actress, played kid Trunks in the American dub.

Deleted
    She tried. Hordies killed her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fedRGOYRQ8o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    She has the Thunder King's power in her staff and the focusing iris. Just shit on the whole city in 10 minutes and call it a day. Or are thousands of needless alliance casualties a better alternative because lollore
    Kalec took the iris back after talking her down at the end of Tides of War. Also, broken as she is, even she realizes that if she wipes Orgrimmar off the map she's as bad as Garrosh was when he bombed Theramore, which is a line she seems quite unwilling to cross.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DJKalteraphine View Post
    No, but wouldn't it be amazing if Jaina WAS a DBZ character? She's half way there - Laura Bailey, her voice actress, played kid Trunks in the American dub.
    Laura Bailey plays just about all of my favorite characters ever, except for the ones Jennifer Hale voices. True story.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by DJKalteraphine View Post
    lol.

Did you by chance read the War of the ancients trilogy? Knaak writes Rhonin and illidan as these army destroying mages who might as well by shooting out ki attacks with little effort.

While the Last guardian is about medihv who this wicked powerful wizard, but he never casts explosions or anything on the scale of Rhonin or Illidan. Just kills a couple orcs and some footsoldiers.

Antonidas probably the most powerful wizard since medihv who probably still more powerful than Jaina didn't go using nuke attacks on the scourge. and was even slain by arthas.

So people's perception of what a powerful mage can do is messed up in WoW. to me a powerful mage like jaina can shoot 100's of normal size fireballs before tiring or cast a large explosion that could take out a small fort but leaving her exhausted. While others think she make a crater out of org with a flick of the finger.

10+ Year Old Account
    The goal, as explained by the devs, is that we should feel powerful and the ones who take down Garrosh. Having someone else step in ruins that.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the Last guardian is about medihv who this wicked powerful wizard, but he never casts explosions or anything on the scale of Rhonin or Illidan. Just kills a couple orcs and some footsoldiers.
    Part of what I loved about The Last Guardian is how it was more a story of Khadgar's relationship with Medivh and how the whole world falls apart around them, and neither of them can really do anything to stop it even though Medivh fought Sargeras for as long as he could from within. Not so much about Medivh clearing out entire legions with a bored wave of his hand, though one vision shows Aegwynn mopping the floor with a metric ton of demons without breaking a sweat before Sargeras's avatar made the scene.

It was a tragedy, and one that relied on interaction rather than combat--and that's why to this day it's my favorite Warcraft novel.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Part of what I loved about The Last Guardian is how it was more a story of Khadgar's relationship with Medivh and how the whole world falls apart around them, and neither of them can really do anything to stop it even though Medivh fought Sargeras for as long as he could from within. Not so much about Medivh clearing out entire legions with a bored wave of his hand, though one vision shows Aegwynn mopping the floor with a metric ton of demons without breaking a sweat before Sargeras's avatar made the scene.

It was a tragedy, and one that relied on interaction rather than combat--and that's why to this day it's my favorite Warcraft novel.
    it was really good. I should start reading it again.... only problem though was the Garona retcon, changes later. She had sex with medihv.... what?

10+ Year Old Account
    She almost did, but plot armor. Honestly I'd really like to see an alternate timeline (or something) showing what would happen if she had tidal waved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because old god powers trump Titanic watcher powers. So Garrosh is walking around Org with the much larger Epeen.
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

It would make sense to just set Jaina up with the Focusing Iris and have Vol'jin move back(or not) then flood the city. It's too bad Thrall stopped her in Tides of War, could have avoided this whole mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    She almost did, but plot armor. Honestly I'd really like to see an alternate timeline (or something) showing what would happen if she had tidal waved.
    i never understood when horde wins some battles/victories alliance call it bias, but when Alliance characters are given some illogical power ups, it plot armor that they dont use it to outright murder the horde.

How many Alliance characters can wipe out the horde at once do the alliance have again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It would make sense to just set Jaina up with the Focusing Iris and have Vol'jin move back(or not) then flood the city. It's too bad Thrall stopped her in Tides of War, could have avoided this whole mess.
    he probably would have killed her seeing his people wiped out.

i never understood when horde wins some battles/victories alliance call it bias, but when Alliance characters are given some illogical power ups, it plot armor that they dont use it to outright murder the horde.

How many Alliance characters can wipe out the horde at once do the alliance have again?

- - - Updated - - -

he probably would have killed her seeing his people wiped out.
    Jaina's power came from the Focusing Iris, you know, the artifact that was used to charge the Dragon Soul to blow up Deathwing. The horde used it first to destroy a city anyway.

I don't think any other alliance characters can destroy a city.