Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    At first I thought the title said LSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    At first I thought the title said LSD.
    When I'm in LFR, that really wouldn't surprise me sometimes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    When I'm in LFR, that really wouldn't surprise me sometimes...
    auto attack ftw :P

I find that recent/current games in general run better in SSDs, be it loading times or even FPS. My 1Tb HDD is just there for the other files/programs that benefit very little from SSD tech (like music files, Diablo 2, Adobe Reader).

Hello every1!

Little update, i ordered Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB ... it will arrive tomorrow or maybe in 2 days at max.

Will tell u whats the speed improvement while gaming ( in wow for example loading times etc )

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimazaki View Post
    Hello every1!

Little update, i ordered Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB ... it will arrive tomorrow or maybe in 2 days at max.

Will tell u whats the speed improvement while gaming ( in wow for example loading times etc )
    I'm sure you'll love it... a good investment.

Just as an FYI, the program REFLECT (www.macrium.com) is awesome for imaging your hard drives, you can even image an active drive. When I installed my SSD, I was able to image my old HDD to the SSD and start up with no issues at all.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    so would a flash drive work just as well? *as they are ssd but not the big ones*
    No, they are much slower and have far higher latency, SATA is much closer to the CPU and SSDs are made to have programs run off them. I've ran Diablo 3 off a USB 3.0 drive vs an internal HDD and the difference was big, toss it then onto an SSD, and there will be yet another gain in performance.

Same thing with WoW.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

My best tip is a 256GB SSD for games and programs and a external HDD for movies, pictures and documents. So you can move them around easy if needed
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

Hello boys and girls !!

Little update...

Bought SSD and my whole PC was finished today... its a damn beast!! As for SSD i bought Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB and now i can understand what u guys were talking about, its soo fast, loading times when entering game / portal / BG / arena are just soo sick fast... Well tbh it was pretty expencive for me, but i can clearly say it was worth it

Ok soo any1 new here if you are thinking about buying SSD, trust me... its really worth it!

You'll see an increase in performance for initial load times or when going into a new zone that requires a loading screen (basically whenever you need to load a large amount of data at once) but if you have a poor cpu or video card in the end it still won't matter since ssd's are so fast they typically spend more than 90% of the time in idle. Also, the life of an ssd is dependent on the size as well as the quality of the nand chips the ssd uses for its memory. Generally the lower performance ssd's use the lower rated nand chips so they have a lower life than the high performance ones but in all honesty as long as you get a decent sized ssd you will be looking at a 3 year minimum and probably more than 5 years realistically before your ssd starts taking a dump. Also, the average user won't notice the performance difference between a "value" ssd and a "performance" ssd, especially in games, and if you have to ask whether or not you're considered a power user then you probably aren't one.

3 year minimum and probably more than 5 years realistically before your ssd starts taking a dump

Are you making up info or outright lying? Most consumer grade ssds will last in typical use case scenarios upwards of 40-50 years. Are you planning to keep your system for that long because most people I know don't plan on it.

Me! Im playing WOW

Deleted
    I play off of an SSD. When I switched to it for the first time I noticed significantly faster load times, but that's about it. I'm still pretty happy with it in general since I didn't buy it for WoW in the first place, it's more like an extra perk to having it.