Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Wait... wait... forsaken are all Lordaeron undead? Forsaken should be about 50-50 high elfs and human wandering corpses....
    I think pre-Cata, in lore all player-character Forsaken are Lordaeron undead (correct me if I'm remembering wrong), but since the starter zone has changed to having new undead raised by the Val'kyr under the command of Sylvanas (who, in SoO, shows she has no qualms raising other fallen Horde races into Forsaken), so I think it's safe to say there's plenty of room to be able to consider that PC Forsaken can be just about from any race
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The Forsaken are primairy human with a small percentage elves, however those are not recognizable as having been that. I believe even some dwarves, not sure on gnomes. But the model is designed to fit all those races.

You do have plenty of options in the character creator with the skins to suggest some other clans like the blackrock as well as Dark Iron and Wildhammer dwarves.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think pre-Cata, in lore all player-character Forsaken are Lordaeron undead (correct me if I'm remembering wrong), but since the starter zone has changed to having new undead raised by the Val'kyr under the command of Sylvanas (who, in SoO, shows she has no qualms raising other fallen Horde races into Forsaken), so I think it's safe to say there's plenty of room to be able to consider that PC Forsaken can be just about from any race
    Sylvanas' Val'kyr can only raise humans and Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'd sooner have some rebel amani trolls.

but we won't. Blizzard never designed a female amani troll, all troll females are all generic.
    What about
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69132/hig...delviewer:10+0

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Sylvanas' Val'kyr can only raise humans and Sylvanas.
    Hrm, thought I'd seen something that contradicted this, but I can't find it

The worgen starting zone mentions worgen, dwarves and elves imho. Not sure about the other races, to my knowledge it was never explained why they are limited in the first place, besides giving night elves and dwarves a tiny amount of exposition in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The worgen starting zone mentions worgen, dwarves and elves imho. Not sure about the other races, to my knowledge it was never explained why they are limited in the first place, besides giving night elves and dwarves a tiny amount of exposition in cata.
    "Let us teach the non-humans a lesson in fear. Together we will show them what happens to corpses that we cannot use."

This doesn't really say a whole lot. Other Val'kyr are able to raise other races (such as the Val'kyr in the Death Knight starting zone that can raise any player race), so why can these not ?

10+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't really say a whole lot. Other Val'kyr are able to raise other races (such as the Val'kyr in the Death Knight starting zone that can raise any player race), so why can these not ?
    Those were more powerful because of the LK.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Why are humans who drink the blood of worgen unable to be raised as Forsaken?
    Not only are the Val'kyr less powerful than the Lich King when it comes to raising the undead, but the worgen curse also makes raising them into undeath far more difficult than it is for normal humans. The worgen curse has roots in both the Emerald Dream (through the wolf Ancient, Goldrinn) and the holy power of the goddess Elune. In addition, those worgen who imbibe the waters of Tal'doren—through the ritual they undergo to maintain balance between the worgen curse and their humanity—have a further resistance to the corruption of undeath. (Source)

It still does not explain the lesser races thing. Are humans that simple that even weak sauce valkyr can raise them? It at least makes no sense compared to dwarves, who are also titan constructs affected by the curse of flesh (and gnomes fall into that category too afaik).

Edit: Maybe because humans are 2nd generation degenerates (from vrykul)? Where dwarves and gnomes never degenerated further than one step?
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-09-07 at 07:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Wait... wait... forsaken are all Lordaeron undead? Forsaken should be about 50-50 high elfs and human wandering corpses....
    As far as I know, the plague only worked on Humans - pretty much all elves either died or turned into banshees. Banshees can then possess whoever they liked, but it would seem that only Sylvanas and a few other Dark Rangers actually did this.

10+ Year Old Account
    It still does not explain the lesser races thing. Are humans that simple that even weak sauce valkyr can raise them? It at least makes no sense compared to dwarves, who are also titan constructs affected by the curse of flesh (and gnomes fall into that category too afaik).

Edit: Maybe because humans are 2nd generation degenerates (from vrykul)? Where dwarves and gnomes never degenerated further than one step?
    It's because Blizzard just wrote it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Battleweep View Post
    As far as I know, the plague only worked on Humans - pretty much all elves either died or turned into banshees. Banshees can then possess whoever they liked, but it would seem that only Sylvanas and a few other Dark Rangers actually did this.
    "Worked" is imprecise. The Plague was specifically designed to turn humans into Scourge so the LK could feed on their souls. This function only works on humans. However, Plague still affects a lot of species besides humans it just doesn't turn them into Scourge. Only Carrion worms are completely immune.

It's because Blizzard just wrote it that way.
    Ah come on, I expected more from you. At least a random quote that one of blizzard's caffeine deprived devs let slip in 2010 after the coffee machine broke down for half a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah come on, I expected more from you. At least a random quote that one of blizzard's caffeine deprived devs let slip in 2010 after the coffee machine broke down for half a day.
    It's the same as the whole "there must always be a LK." Forsaken are proof that statement is bullshit. They just wrote it in for the dramas.

It's the same as the whole "there must always be a LK." Forsaken are proof that statement is bullshit. They just wrote it in for the dramas.
    Well accepting bad writing and cheap plot devices as what they are is probably the best attitude towards these things. I still find it amusing to speculate why something works on X but not on Y and Z, even though they are all derivative of A with only the shape parameter being slighly diffrent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many spend a long time creating characters as it is, they'll never get into the game if they have to go research clans first... lol

Though some kind of title or other marker for it would be a cool rep related item from vendors for factions, available only to player characters of matching race.

Solve the High Elf thing with it... a group of them able to earn exalted with, Belf can buy honorary high elf label. lol

I would love to have sub races, but they need to make sure that all races have an alternate to choose from. Amani Trolls would rock though.

At the moment, the reason this isn't really a big deal is because your character is about as vague and generic as possible. If they weren't, anyone's Orc PC may have simply joined Garrosh's side and been part of a third faction since this last patch hit. (Neutral to non-Orc Horde but able to attack both sides.)

I really hope sub-racing eventually makes its way into WoW.

Shouldn't be hard, just extrapolating upon Scenario technology, just to make instanced versions of areas you encounter those races in games, to use as starter zones ... just end them all (for example, Orcs) with a "visit Orgrimmar" quest at level 10 that jumps you back into normal leveling. EZ.
    This is honestly the only viable option for having subraces that are more than just the skin colorations and such on the selection screen. Get a bit Pandaren with them, if you will.