Poll: Does this concept seem to have its own identity?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KingWinnie View Post
    Do u rather see a tinker class or demon hunter class? if u don't want to see any new classes in wow u shouldnt press on the links.
    and besides, i think this has a lot more time in it then all others.
    be happy it pops up every other month instead of every week or worse every day.

just don't press the links if u see " <INSERT RANDOM CLASS NAME> should be the new class " =3
    Try not to even mention tinker in this thread. This isnt about what class is next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I have to say this is a pretty good basic setup for the class, I honestly like this one. It's not over imaginative to point it wouldn't fit in wow and is actually kickass and unique with how metamorphosis would work as a stance.

There are a few slight issues I have though. The quest background and level. I love alturis being the main mentor, but last I remember he didn't like illidans way of teaching so I don't think he would want to revive him and as for killing other trainees, I think you could pull a few outside enemies here, probably use summoned demons or better yet have maive and her order be the training dummy.
    Also if you want someone like or to fill the illidan spot
    http://wowpedia.org/Feronas_Sindweller
    This guy probably could do the trick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riarden View Post
    Try not to even mention tinker in this thread. This isnt about what class is next.
    I know its not, but this guy is complaining about never ending stuff.
    and this thread is nothing like all the other DH threads, this is actualy good.

Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    Wow I have to say this is a pretty good basic setup for the class, I honestly like this one. It's not over imaginative to point it wouldn't fit in wow and is actually kickass and unique with how metamorphosis would work as a stance.

There are a few slight issues I have though. The quest background and level. I love alturis being the main mentor, but last I remember he didn't like illidans way of teaching so I don't think he would want to revive him and as for killing other trainees, I think you could pull a few outside enemies here, probably use summoned demons or better yet have maive and her order be the training dummy.
    Also if you want someone like or to fill the illidan spot
    http://wowpedia.org/Feronas_Sindweller
    This guy probably could do the trick.
    I could add lore that you actually partner with altrius to gain illidans trust and coup de grace the dark embrace... but i like your idea too. Just tossing stuff out.

I could add lore that you actually partner with altrius to gain illidans trust and coup de grace the dark embrace... but i like your idea too. Just tossing stuff out.
    And out of left field comes this lol I cant wait for teriz to derail this

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    I vote for Dragonsworn
    Cool? Thats not what the threads about.

Cool? Thats not what the threads about.
    Other: class does not have it's enough of it's own identity.

Something like a dragonsworn would, imo

there now it does.

there now it does.
    Sigh. Does this class. This as in demon hunter. I could care less about what you think about other classes.

there now it does.
    something like a dragonsworn, that you have no idea about, and theres no concepts for. Or any wc3 evidence, or anything for that matter. Emerald dreams not happening

A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Deleted
    So basically.

We have

Combat speced Demonology Warlock.

Blood Speced Demonology Warlock.

And Arcane Speced Demonology Warlock.

Amazing work dude, your ability to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Demon hunter's will forever just be Demonology Warlocks is astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    So basically.

We have

Amazing work dude, your ability to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Demon hunter's will forever just be Demonology Warlocks is astounding.
    Well, i dont see the hordes of demons following the specs, and using a different metamorphosis doesnt seem like demo to me. But nice troll attempt. Made me respond.

At the same time, ive seen you before on mmoc, and dont really care what you have to say.

So basically.

We have

LOL. Completely different, wheres the imps bro? Get outta here tinkerbell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    LOL. Completely different, wheres the imps bro? Get outta here tinkerbell
    Oh the imps, I totally forgot! This surely means the Demon hunter is a totally unique and special class that every 14 year old hot topic reject deserves to make!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, i dont see the hordes of demons following the specs, and using a different metamorphosis doesnt seem like demo to me. But nice troll attempt. Made me respond.

At the same time, ive seen you before on mmoc, and dont really care what you have to say.
    Yes, the Whole class stealing the METAMORPHOSIS mechanic from Demo Warlocks is awesomly unique.

But don't listen to what I have to say, because I hurt your feelings :<

- - - Updated - - -

Sigh. Does this class. This as in demon hunter. I could care less about what you think about other classes.
    How does it have it's own identity outside of NPCS?

We have seen no wide infastructure that Demon hunter's were even being recruited anymore beyond Illidan's back temple... where we killed them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh the imps, I totally forgot! This surely means the Demon hunter is a totally unique and special class that every 14 year old hot topic reject deserves to make!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the Whole class stealing the METAMORPHOSIS mechanic from Demo Warlocks is awesomly unique.

But don't listen to what I have to say, because I hurt your feelings :<

- - - Updated - - -

How does it have it's own identity outside of NPCS?

We have seen no wide infastructure that Demon hunter's were even being recruited anymore beyond Illidan's back temple... where we killed them all.
    One this metamorphosis is a stance and passive big fucking Diffrence. Get your head out of your ass

We saw no wide recruiting of monks but look there.

And what the hell do you think a identity for a class is? Like hate this term cause its just a bulkshit reason, kinda like you dude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    One this metamorphosis is a stance and passive big fucking Diffrence. Get your head out of your ass

We saw no wide recruiting of monks but look there.

And what the hell do you think a identity for a class is? Like hate this term cause its just a bulkshit reason, kinda like you dude.
    We saw monks being widely aviable due to Pandaria, and they fit into a niche from there. There were tons of them, they just spread out.

Demon hunter's are different, there are what? 5 or 6 of them actually around? most of them dead?

As for the Metamorphosis, it pretty much works like how Demonic fury does, except the mastery doesn't work like any other mastery at all and it's just a passive ability OP had no idea how to use.

Metamorphosis is linked to Demonology now, They literally had a Questline that dealt with a Warlock turning into a full Demon and such, just like Illidan.

You detract from the Warlock class and in turn give nothing unique.

Please, tell me whats unique about a Demon Hunter.

We saw monks being widely aviable due to Pandaria, and they fit into a niche from there. There were tons of them, they just spread out.

Demon hunter's are different, there are what? 5 or 6 of them actually around? most of them dead?

As for the Metamorphosis, it pretty much works like how Demonic fury does, except the mastery doesn't work like any other mastery at all and it's just a passive ability OP had no idea how to use.

Metamorphosis is linked to Demonology now, They literally had a Questline that dealt with a Warlock turning into a full Demon and such, just like Illidan.

This really just goes to show you dont know the demon hunter lore at all, and you dont really hold any weight here aside from trying troll people. Trying. Kind of pathetic youve got nothing better to do.

Tell me how demonology is close to all these specs besides using metamorphosis, even though the metas are different. Ill humor you there.

Im getting ahead of myself anyhow, the point of the thread is to see if it can be different. You're just one insignificant opinion.
    Last edited by Riarden; 2013-09-10 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Im talking about pre expansion, outside of nameless npc in scarlet monastery there were no monks anywhere, and I mean anywhere monk were a left field that luckily worked.

And like you said there are 6 active demon hunters, that's enough to make a school illidan did it with only 3.

The lore around metamorphosis is some warlock mimicked illidans, who if we recall was a demon hunter, transformation sooo...please explain how you rip off lore from something if it took its lore from a original class.

And are you serious? I'd love to be able to dual wield tank once again, that shit was awesome and fun for me back in wrath as a frost DK.
    Also the way this metamorphosis works as a stance in itself is unique and actually would make the warlock one obsolet.

Deleted
    This really just goes to show you dont know the demon hunter lore at all, and you dont really hold any weight here aside from trying troll people. Trying. Kind of pathetic youve got nothing better to do.

Tell me how demonology is close to all these specs besides using metamorphosis, even though the metas are different. Ill humor you there.
    So basically, I know nothing about Demon hunter Lore, yet you are saying Illidan will train Night Elf Demon Hunters... when he is dead.

You humored me nothing, you answered no questions, you merely deflected them.

Answer my question first.

Tell me what Demon Hunter's add to the Warcraft classes? Because all it does is remove the theme from Warlocks a little bit more.

Meh, I hate these threads because the vast majority of us are not game designers, if any of us are at all, but I have to say, no, this doesn't really feel like a Demon Hunter.

First off, maces? I don't believe Demon Hunters have to always use warglaives forever but I do think slashing weapons are kind of a requirement. Fist weapons are okay, and daggers because Demon Hunters fight in close, but maces are... meh.

Second off, this design is WAY too dependent on Metamorphosis. Meta is not the end all and be all of Demon Hunters, and if you're going to make it basically a rotation-required buff then there really is little difference between it and Demonology's Metamorphosis. Even in game, modern Demon Hunters like Telrius Voidstrider use it as a damage reduction cooldown. It should be something Demon Hunters use in extreme circumstances, like Icebound Fortitude or other such tanking abilities, not just more-or-less another rotation button.

Also, starting at level 1? No. People don't suck at DK because they start at 55, they suck at DK because they don't read tool-tips or use their runic power, and starting at level 1 just doesn't fit Demon Hunters. Also, Altruis abandoned Illidan and there's no reason to believe that Illidan is the only person that could possibly train Demon Hunters, especially since we know that the Dark Embrace is training new Demon Hunters and is on Azeroth.
    Last edited by Cooper; 2013-09-10 at 07:34 PM.