Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MS buffed from 175% on live to 215% on PTR?

Just comapred live to PTR, and as topic title, it's showing as 215% on ptr.

Didn't see anything about this on patch notes, must have been a hotfix?

First I've heard of this though I suppose this would help explain the increase in Arms' single target damage beyond just Slam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just when I deleted the PTR! I got to try this.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Band... aid? Guess we'll have to wait until next expansion to be "fixed" to FOTM and then nerfed to crap for the rest of the expansion.
    Standard procedure since Catalclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Just a bandaid thing really. Won't put arms close to fury in single target. Was already like a 10-15% delta, from what I remember hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Just a bandaid thing really. Won't put arms close to fury in single target. Was already like a 10-15% delta, from what I remember hearing.
    30% increase on MS dmg will make the gap between arms and fury alot closer though, especially at the start of the tier, before fury gains so much crit/mastery.

this is awesome news if it is true, intentional on blizzard's part, and makes it live.

too bad it is indeed a band-aid for the end of the xpac

Now if only overpower critical strikes weren't weaker than fel flame hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

It is a nice little single target buff (and actually a minor cleave buff with sweeping strikes); but it doesn't actually change anything for us.
    Fury is still superior on single target by a decent margin.
    Arms still the go to multi-target spec.

I think this was a change to help sort of balance out the damage, before this MS buff, it was 175% weapon damage which seems mediocre, and overpower with its 105% weapon damage, then it goes to the next extreme with slam doing 275% weapon damage. Great pvp change, will make mortal strike feel very meaty. But I agree with archimtiros here, unless arms actually gets some decent stat scaling (which will most likely be something for the next xpac) it wont come close to fury except in aoe/cleaving situations.

To the guys who don't have PTR installed, here is a screenshot from live (left) and ptr (right).

As you can see they have significantly increased the bonus damage ontop of what it inherits from your weapon, similarly to what was done to slam. All the other abilities have stayed the same. I reckon there will be one more wave of patch-notes coming tomorrow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Now if only overpower critical strikes weren't weaker than fel flame hits.
    Remove OP +crit% and increase damage instead pls.

Or maybe just flat out buff it but make it tied to deep wound ticks? less spammable that way

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Remove OP +crit% and increase damage instead pls.
    No thanks. Reduce rage cost and maybe increase dmg a little, change how TfB stacks work.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    its nice to see blizz un nerf MS-its our main ability and should be the king of all MS's and hit like a truck.arms should be build around a powerful MS,not this weak ass shit we got stuck with for years.remember when our MS was feared?it will be a nice little buff to arms pvp.warriors have to be careful,since blizz buffed "un-nerfed" MS,they will turn around and nerf our aoe damage leaving us right were we started.

as for OP,just unnerf it and i would be happy .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    To the guys who don't have PTR installed, here is a screenshot from live (left) and ptr (right).

As you can see they have significantly increased the bonus damage ontop of what it inherits from your weapon, similarly to what was done to slam. All the other abilities have stayed the same. I reckon there will be one more wave of patch-notes coming tomorrow.
    if you can please tell me what kind of damage "how hard" was MS doing/hitting for pre buff and post buff.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    its nice to see blizz un nerf MS-its our main ability and should be the king of all MS's and hit like a truck.arms should be build around a powerful MS,not this weak ass shit we got stuck with for years.remember when our MS was feared?it will be a nice little buff to arms pvp.warriors have to be careful,since blizz buffed "un-nerfed" MS,they will turn around and nerf our aoe damage leaving us right were we started.

as for OP,just unnerf it and i would be happy .

- - - Updated - - -

if you can please tell me what kind of damage "how hard" was MS doing/hitting for pre buff and post buff.
    Kind of a hard question to answer

10k-400k. Be more specific and we can help you

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me this is some sort of an error or typo.

A logical and needed buff for Warriors... that is. I can't believe it is happening.

Quick question- If I have 2 Heroic Worldbreakers for Fury, but only a 530 Zerat, should I stick with Fury until I get a SoO 2h, or will the cleave damage from Arms outweigh the weapon damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Boneyards View Post
    Quick question- If I have 2 Heroic Worldbreakers for Fury, but only a 530 Zerat, should I stick with Fury until I get a SoO 2h, or will the cleave damage from Arms outweigh the weapon damage?
    I'd stay Fury until you get the 2h from Sha of Pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I'd stay Fury until you get the 2h from Sha of Pride.

Groovy. Thanks