Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Good PvP spec?

Hey guys

I'm looking to get into pvp with my destro lock, and I'm wondering what's a good spec for that, as well as which pet is the best?

This is more centered around BG's, not arena.

For Destruction you'll want to sacrifice your pet. If you're facing a lot of casters/healers, go with the felhunter. Otherwise, just go with what you feel like. The voidwalker health boost can be pretty epic.

As for talents, I normally go Dark Regen/Shadowfury/Dark Bargain/Blood Horror (but this can be substituted with Unbound Will if you have a pocket healer)/Grimoire of Sac/Kil'jaeden's Cunning. An argument could be made for Archimonde's Darkness in certain cases, but you'll be moving a lot in random BGs.

- - - Updated - - -

One would think that someone who plays a warlock would know their strengths as well as their weaknesses. And more importantly, what the hell one of our most powerful talents do, and what the downside to using it is. I've had three different warlocks frag themselves on my pimped-out UA via Unbound Will today, and one of them even did it twice.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are these things called alts, and people have them, and they're for fun, and they aren't mains

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    There are these things called alts, and people have them, and they're for fun, and they aren't mains
    2 of them were better geared than me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a hard time figuring out what spec to use in BG's/RBGS. I feel like destruction doesn't really do a lot of damage, and since most of your abilities are casts, I find 99% of them are either absorbed, reflected, etc, something, it's just extremely irritating doing literally awful damage.

Is affliction or Demo better in PvP?

Affliction is the spec of choice when you're geared for PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to think you're the only person who replies to this thread. -___-

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol he really is now.

This guide is awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    I was rbging at the 2k level for a few months and found that if you do run as a destro lock expect to be focused. Teams that run with 2 destro locks can alleviate a lot of the pressure so you get to free cast but they usually try to sit melee on a destro lock and look out for their shadow school. Aff is much harder to lock down due to their instacast soulburn soul swaps and such, you shouldn't really get locked out as an affliction lock save for hard casting fears or seed of corruptions.

Deleted
    So with the full prideful gear and playing with shamans (didnt see that one coming, right?), is it ok to go above 100% mastery or should we go haste/crit after some point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much get as much mastery as you can there is no hard cap so being above 100% is perfect. When i got the prideful conquest achievement i farmed up a 2nd set so i can gem it pure haste and have an affliction set.

Deleted
    Hey guys, recently started serious pvp with a buddy of mine on his frost mage (main is 2.2k rated), I'm running shiv sup and blimey is she useful, especially with fellash, but is it worth using her in high rating arena? I'm pushing 1.8k ATM and my win/lose ratio is 3:1. Is it worth going sac or staying sup, sleep with knock back is pretty useful

Deleted
    as destro aswell, go Havoc/mortal coil so you can also then get off a havoc/choas bolt for insane burst

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I'm having a hard time figuring out what spec to use in BG's/RBGS. I feel like destruction doesn't really do a lot of damage, and since most of your abilities are casts, I find 99% of them are either absorbed, reflected, etc, something, it's just extremely irritating doing literally awful damage.

Is affliction or Demo better in PvP?
    You are absolutely doing something wrong if you think destruction does not do a lot of damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarthlock View Post
    I was rbging at the 2k level for a few months and found that if you do run as a destro lock expect to be focused. Teams that run with 2 destro locks can alleviate a lot of the pressure so you get to free cast but they usually try to sit melee on a destro lock and look out for their shadow school. Aff is much harder to lock down due to their instacast soulburn soul swaps and such, you shouldn't really get locked out as an affliction lock save for hard casting fears or seed of corruptions.
    I ran rbgs at 2.2k and that's not why people focus destruction locks. Other teams focus destruction locks out of necessity, b/c if they do not, the destruction locks just build embers and 2-3 shot healers.

At high rbg ratings, you will go demon, destruction, and afflic depending on what job is required and what map you are playing on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnprescott View Post
    Hey guys, recently started serious pvp with a buddy of mine on his frost mage (main is 2.2k rated), I'm running shiv sup and blimey is she useful, especially with fellash, but is it worth using her in high rating arena? I'm pushing 1.8k ATM and my win/lose ratio is 3:1. Is it worth going sac or staying sup, sleep with knock back is pretty useful
    You will soon hit a wall with shiv sup. That pet is only good for duels and 2s. You didn't really mention what bracket you are playing though. If it's 2s, well yea, you will be fine running that spec but if its 3s you will soon have to switch to sac.