Playing the goddamn Saints on the road AGAIN!?!?!?!?! What the crap? This is the third freaking season! That, the division games, and @ Denver at the main problems, the Chiefs will be agitating, as will the Chargers and Eagles, but the Niners always ramp it up against he Chargers as far as I can see.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.
    Sane people are boring. Or else I've been around insane people so long that I can't tell the difference anymore. Either way, chase away those silly notions of linear thought: they have never done anyone good.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Playing the goddamn Saints on the road AGAIN!?!?!?!?! What the crap? This is the third freaking season! That, the division games, and @ Denver at the main problems, the Chiefs will be agitating, as will the Chargers and Eagles, but the Niners always ramp it up against he Chargers as far as I can see.
    Misunderstood what you said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    next.

I guess the Jets should give Rex one more year. I dont follow them but from what I could tell it didnt seem like his players bailed on him. They did have a rookie QB who was all over the place this year. So I guess they finished a good 8-8 if there is such a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

what? 1 super bowl appearance and like 4 NFC championship games is failing in the playoffs. Hell I would kill for that type of playoff failure lol. Thats like people saying the Bills choked in the playoffs after 4 super bowls in a row.
    No one seems to get this. We liked him well enough up until the last NFCCG (the Arizona one). After that, the flaws he had before were really being exposed because he didn't have much of Jim Johnson's incredible defense left and his offensive calling is horribly irresponsible. He did not run the ball. He did not use his timeouts wisely. He could not adjust midgame. If it wasn't working at the start, it wasn't working at all. The Eagles offensive series for three years until they fired him went like clockwork; incomplete on first down, 2-3 yard run on second, 6 yard dump off pass on 3rd and 7. Or 8 on 3rd and 9. Or 99 on 3rd and 100. They had the most 4th and 1s I've ever seen... and when he did go for those, his playcall was almost always "QB Draw"
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2013-12-31 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    The Saints schedule looks pretty good to me. Unless things change all the hard games are at home and the away games are easy.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Because they can't win their fucking division.

- - - Updated - - -

No one seems to get this. We liked him well enough up until the last NFCCG (the Arizona one). After that, the flaws he had before were really being exposed because he didn't have much of Jim Johnson's incredible defense left and his offensive calling is horribly irresponsible. He did not run the ball. He did not use his timeouts wisely. He could not adjust midgame. If it wasn't working at the start, it wasn't working at all. The Eagles offensive series for three years until they fired him went like clockwork; incomplete on first down, 2-3 yard run on second, 6 yard dump off pass on 3rd and 7. Or 8 on 3rd and 9. Or 99 on 3rd and 100. They had the most 4th and 1s I've ever seen... and when he did go for those, his playcall was almost always "QB Draw"
    So you also think chucking the ball around to future HoF'ers like Thrash, Freddie Mitchell, and LJ smith was not a great idea? Torrence small was totally misused and McNabb's pin point passing was second to Montana. It's not like the massive o-line, Westbrook, Staley, or Buckhalter were any good. His greatest idea was moving an offensive line coach over to defensive coordinator...Pure genius.
    "I can't see it anymore... I am 907, after a while you just can't see it. I look at a star and it's just a big ball of burning gas. I know how it began and how it ends and I was probably there both times. After a while everything is just stuff. That's the problem, you make all of time and space your backyard and what do you end up with - a backyard! But you, you can see it and when you see it, I see it." -D. Who

Misunderstood what you said.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember when we played philly for Thursday night a few years ago my Eagles fan friend wanted us to destroy them so that they had a reason to fire Reid.

He lost faith in them when he returned the next year, and I have been trying to convince him to gain some faith throughout this year.

Oh man next season's 49ers schedule. Epic.

Broncos, Chiefs, Battle of the Bay!... can't wait!
    You, you'll regret what you have done this day, I will make you regret ever being born, you're going to wish you never left your mother's womb, where it was warm and safe and wet, I am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainbow!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ep65rr-9qjQ Full Pilot Episode! Best thing to come out of Adult Swim!

Place your bets on number of disguised security guards in the Battle of the Bay. I say there is still going to be a minimum of 5 people arrested during the course of that game. Even more after. I have been in fights with Raider fans in Sacramento for wearing my '10 Niners Draft hat replica. My Justin Smith jersey is literally battle-hardened. Raiders fans can be irrational, and I can be even more so when agitated.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.
    Sane people are boring. Or else I've been around insane people so long that I can't tell the difference anymore. Either way, chase away those silly notions of linear thought: they have never done anyone good.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Bengals - If Dalton stops throwing it to the other team then Cincy should win.
    Colts - They pounded KC in KC. http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331222012
    Eagles - W/e has the ball last.
    Packers - Upset pick
    I wouldn’t put too much stock in the first time KC and Indy met, after the first quarter it looked like KC just quit on both sides of the ball. not making excuses for them because they played like shit and got their asses handed to them, although I wouldn’t call 23-7 a pounding. if KC puts it together on all sides of the ball they can beat Indy. I’m not saying it’s a wash either way but being a homer I have to go with KC in this one (although I’m sure disappointment in Indy is inevitable in KC like every other year we get to the playoffs)

So you also think chucking the ball around to future HoF'ers like Thrash, Freddie Mitchell, and LJ smith was not a great idea? Torrence small was totally misused and McNabb's pin point passing was second to Montana. It's not like the massive o-line, Westbrook, Staley, or Buckhalter were any good. His greatest idea was moving an offensive line coach over to defensive coordinator...Pure genius.
    So... much... sarcasm.... it buuuuuurns.

I don't get the McNabb hate. He wasn't a hall of fame QB, but neither was Jaws and Jaws is basically a god in Philly.

Tomlin is complaining about the officials and I have to agree with him, they even let coaches wander onto the field without a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Tomlin is complaining about the officials and I have to agree with him, they even let coaches wander onto the field without a penalty.
    NFL is gonna clamp down so damn hard on coaches being on the field next year it wont even be funny.

But yeah, Bill Leavy now has shit all over both the Seahawks and Steelers.

So... much... sarcasm.... it buuuuuurns.

I don't get the McNabb hate. He wasn't a hall of fame QB, but neither was Jaws and Jaws is basically a god in Philly.
    Not hating on McNabb at all. Every QB has a weakness and his was accuracy. Except for TO his receiving core was horrible, but Reid continued to chuck it. His RBs were great to good so there was no reason not to pound teams into the ground.

On the Jaws part I'll leave that for another board.
    "I can't see it anymore... I am 907, after a while you just can't see it. I look at a star and it's just a big ball of burning gas. I know how it began and how it ends and I was probably there both times. After a while everything is just stuff. That's the problem, you make all of time and space your backyard and what do you end up with - a backyard! But you, you can see it and when you see it, I see it." -D. Who

everyone on NFL network raving about how the Lions are by far the best coaching opening. But they all leave out the most important thing...you will have to live in probably the worst city in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    everyone on NFL network raving about how the Lions are by far the best coaching opening. But they all leave out the most important thing...you will have to live in probably the worst city in the country.
    Nobody says you have to live in Detroit. Ford field is less than 2 kilometers from Canada.

And it is by far the best coach opening. You have stars like Stafford, Megatron, Reggie Bush and N.Suh and a team that is use to losing regularly! All the other teams that fired their coach has problems with their QB situation.
    Last edited by Yilar; 2013-12-31 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Nobody says you have to live in Detroit. Ford field is less than 2 kilometers from Canada.
    If you are going to live in Detroit...you might as well live in Canada?:P
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Not hating on McNabb at all. Every QB has a weakness and his was accuracy. Except for TO his receiving core was horrible, but Reid continued to chuck it. His RBs were great to good so there was no reason not to pound teams into the ground.

On the Jaws part I'll leave that for another board.
    Not specifically you hating on Mcnabb, but EVERYONE hates on him.

I'm also amused by the notion that Manning might lose the passing record as they review video and decide if one of his passes was actually a lateral. This is why you don't break the record by one yard and then take a nap.

Sure looks like a lateral if not a backwards pass from the game film. Whats the point of records if they are not accurate.
    You, you'll regret what you have done this day, I will make you regret ever being born, you're going to wish you never left your mother's womb, where it was warm and safe and wet, I am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainbow!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ep65rr-9qjQ Full Pilot Episode! Best thing to come out of Adult Swim!

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I'm also amused by the notion that Manning might lose the passing record as they review video and decide if one of his passes was actually a lateral. This is why you don't break the record by one yard and then take a nap.
    Wow, they really do that?

I laughed, because its gonna cause a lot of drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Sure looks like a lateral if not a backwards pass from the game film. Whats the point of records if they are not accurate.
    I don't think it's a big deal. I can 100% guarantee you that Brees gives no shits and he's the one that has the most reason to care. I don't even know why anyone gives a shit about this, it's just a dick-stroking stat and Manning broke enough records this year I'm really sure he doesn't care about this either as he's focused on getting to another Superbowl. I understand the argument but it was ruled as passing during the game and the NFL really needs to worry most about the poor refeering in tons of games. Besides, you could probably look at all of Bree's footage and find a similar issue for just a few yards. Meanwhile the wrong AFC team picked up that sixth seed and the NFL is hardly making even half the fuss about that, despite the fact I'm not a Steelers fan and I don't think either team would get anywhere in the playoffs, but fair football should kind of be in place, IMO.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-12-31 at 10:12 PM.