fuck Tomlin

there I mentioned him

Yeah no way Tomlin wins it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah no way Tomlin wins it.
    Seriously... decent team underachieves, makes big comeback to get to where most expected them to be. Nothing really earthshattering there.

Fnatic pls

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I can't imagine this is true ... but would actually love it if it did happen. lol As a Ravens fan whose been stuck watching Harbaugh for the last 5-6 years, I would personally drive him to Michigan.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Seriously... decent team underachieves, makes big comeback to get to where most expected them to be. Nothing really earthshattering there.
    Better than like Reid or Kelly did in their respective teams. Both those teams had the talent to do so much better the year before and they failed utterly.

A mid season turn around is huge.

As a note, no way am I advocating Tomlin wins it, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if his name was discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post

I can't imagine this is true ... but would actually love it if it did happen. lol As a Ravens fan whose been stuck watching Harbaugh for the last 5-6 years, I would personally drive him to Michigan.

I think harbaugh sees the writing on the wall and may want to jump off the Titanic.
    Server - Thrall and Stormreaver
    Class - Brewmaster Monk
    Level - 100
    Faction - Horde

Why Brewmaster? Cuz I like getting my shit pushed in.

Wait. The guy lead your team to a Superbowl win last year, and you'd get rid of him? O.o

Also, nice video from the season, 1 second from every single game: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...in-256-seconds
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

Why do you say that? He's one of the best coaches in the league...I mean, who would you rather have instead?

Pierre Thomas is out, I'm trying real hard to not be all doom & gloom for the game tomorrow but its difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Pierre Thomas is out, I'm trying real hard to not be all doom & gloom for the game tomorrow but its difficult.
    Be doom & gloom! That way if they do well you'll get a nice surprise, and if they fail you can say "I saw that coming". Works for me at least

EDIT: Should add that in this case you're probably right in being cautious with your optimism. I have a hard time seeing the Saints win myself.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Aw damn, is was going so smooth...ish.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Sigh. It's hard being a Vikings fan... Hopefully they get rid of Musgrave.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Wait. The guy lead your team to a Superbowl win last year, and you'd get rid of him? O.o
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Why do you say that? He's one of the best coaches in the league...I mean, who would you rather have instead?
    He is actually pretty unpopular in Baltimore. I won't go so far as to say that he's "hated", but he's not far away from it. I'd saw it's a good 60/40 against him.

Also, anyone who has watched the Ravens consistently would never dare call him "one of the best coaches in the league". His game management is horrible, he wastes timeouts and challenge's pretty frequently, he refuses to make any type of mid-game adjustments and never accepts blame/responsibility for anything. The closest I've ever heard him come to accepting blame for something was when (not a direct quote) he essentially said, "I'm the HC, so yeah, I guess I'll take the blame for that one." In his constant defense of Cam Cameron, one of his more popular repeated quotes was, "I'm the HC, I guess I should be more involved in the offense." He's made similar quotes about the defense in regards to the DC. (though, not nearly as much as he did with Cam) It's questioned around Baltimore about how much effect he really has on the game(s) because it seems like he leaves everything up to his OC and DC.

One of my favorites was a quote this week from Monday. When asked about why Ray Rice was basically benched for most of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by John Harbaugh
    I really can’t explain that adequately, in all honesty,” Harbaugh said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com. “That was something that happened during the game that, when I looked over and saw it, I put him back in the game. I don’t have that answer for you right now. He should’ve been out there.
    A head coach of the NFL, whose ONLY JOB during the game is to watch the game and make adjustment's when needed ....didn't notice that his highly paid RB wasn't on the field for at least half of the game. Yeah, I buy that.

He could go at any time. And he can take his boy, Juan Castillo with him.
    Last edited by Elbren; 2014-01-04 at 06:32 AM.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    I think the Lovie Smith hiring is extremely smart for the Bucs. He is a proven coach (while a bit conservative) and that team has a lot of talent on the defensive side.
    My observations of Lovie as a Bears fan

THE GOOD
    * Defensive schemes
    * Teams fundamentally sound (good tackling etc)
    * Puts players in positions to make turnovers
    * Liked by players

THE BAD
    * No offensive knowledge
    * Stubborn to change when scheme isnt working (no halftime adjustments, changes in coverages)
    * Timeout management

I wonder how bad the NFL is sued if somebody dies in the stands from hypothermia during the GB/49er game.

Most people in the Great Lakes area are descendants from Jotunheim and are immune to the cold.

In all seriousness though, I'm not worried about the local Packer fans because they probably have appropriate harsh winter clothes, but am more concerned about 9ers fans that may have gotten tickets.
    Last edited by Tyrgannus; 2014-01-04 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Most people in the Great Lakes area are descendants from Jotunheim and are immune to the cold.

In all seriousness though, I'm not worried about the local Packer fans because they probably have appropriate harsh winter clothes, but am more concerned about hers fans that may have gotten tickets.
    This is my thoughts as well; I travel to Madison about once per month and no one's really all that bothered by the cold. People in Wisco and Minny are ready for it.

Factor in wind chill and temperatures will be near the non pole temperatures of Mars. Couldn't pay me enough to go watch that game in the stands.

Well maybe a billion dollars or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Very early twitter talk says Mike Munchak is fired.

If I had the money to make the trip, I would have gone to GB with my Niners attire, I lived in North Idaho for seven years, wind chill could hit -15 at times. That game would be awesome to go to, but alas! I have no money! Other fans of the Niners, I can see them in the "winter tundra attire"

Phillips is gone. O'Brien is cleaning house, I figured he would, and it makes sense.

Bob Stoops is supposedly a candidate for the Browns, le gasp, a potentially decent decision by the Browns organization! Seriously, the fans deserve better than that ownership / franchise right now.

Aaaaaand it's official: Munchak is fired. Poor guy, he hasn't had the the best team talent wise, they are actually rather terrible, and CJ500's contract didn't help him either. The guy has been with the Oilers / Titans for his entire professional career, and then he gets canned when he finally made it to HC.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2014-01-04 at 08:18 PM.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.
    Sane people are boring. Or else I've been around insane people so long that I can't tell the difference anymore. Either way, chase away those silly notions of linear thought: they have never done anyone good.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Did I read that right, -34! 0F daily high. That's is just stupid to be doing anything outside in. Move the game to the closet dome.

Though according to every piece I read the 49ers are favored because of the cold. So maybe I should want the Ice Bowl.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2014-01-04 at 08:09 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.