Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    You can tie in a playoff game?
    No, OT just continues till one team eventually wins.

That House guy that filled in for Shields was actually decent.
    Only because the Refs weren't calling for holds or interference. In a clean game that guy would have cost them 100 yrds. While a guy like Shields would have gotten the job done clean.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Only because the Refs weren't calling for holds or interference. In a clean game that guy would have cost them 100 yrds. While a guy like Shields would have gotten the job done clean.
    This man speaks the truth. At least the refs were consistent in not calling penalties though. The refs all WC weekend were not calling some blatant penalties, enjoyable when your team isn't playing, but when they are it is terrifying. Not calling penalties in order to not have meaning on the game's outcome inadvertently has an effect on the game's outcome. That game should not have been that close. The Packers o-line was decimated, and held off the pass rush of SF by being able to hold. The deflection by Brock on the long pass to Nelson could have been called interference. Hopefully the Niners aren't as sloppy next week offensively (yeah, right.)
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.
    Sane people are boring. Or else I've been around insane people so long that I can't tell the difference anymore. Either way, chase away those silly notions of linear thought: they have never done anyone good.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Boy can't wait till you face Carolina and Seattle again. I for one like that the refs are letting teams play football.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Boy can't wait till you face Carolina and Seattle again. I for one like that the refs are letting teams play football.
    Thx for the support.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Thx for the support.
    Don't worry, I want you to win. Would make for an amazing NFCCG.

Herald of the Titans icausewipes's Avatar
    NFL network - Colts v. Chiefs.

Biggest play of the game was Bethea tackling bowe and holding KC to a FG.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrSaTHsHNsc
    Greatest Dr Who video ever made.

My favorite was Smith doing that perfect shovel pass. He played dam well that game. Except for the fumble when he got hit directly from behind, but I feel that is more an O Line failure for letting a defender get directly behind their QB.

Im with Prime, "Seize the Moment", Dalton failed 3 years in a row to do so.

The San Francisco 49ers' 23-20 win over the Green Bay Packers had 47.1 million viewers Sunday on Fox to make it the most-watched wild-card game on record.
    Good to see. Unexpected.

Isn't the NFL breaking viewing records every year these days?

That just makes sense frankly. More people = more viewers. Can't really compare to previous decades in that regard.

I wish they'd add a, "due to increased population and more accessible content!" after every statement about how X has broken a viewership record.
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

Does the playoffs count to the CotY awards? If so, then I think Reid should be out of consideration. Having taken the time to consider the game, I understand why Philly fans were sick of the guy. Up 38-10, and still calling a ton more passing plays than runs. I don't care if your pro-bowl RB is injured, Knile Davis was solid until he got hurt and even when he did go down, they still had a third string guy and Dexter McCluster was a college RB, who knows how to run dives, sweeps, etc.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.
    Sane people are boring. Or else I've been around insane people so long that I can't tell the difference anymore. Either way, chase away those silly notions of linear thought: they have never done anyone good.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Dalton is the problem, though. He looks fantastic sometimes and the next thing you know he's terrible, and he seems to choke every time it matters most. But that team has way too much talent on both sides of the ball to not be a better team than they are, but the QB position really is holding them back from being a regular superbowl contender. I honestly thought this would be the year they broke their losing playoff streak at least but I was wrong. I kind of feel bad for the guy and it's not really fair to blame the loss solely on him, but a stronger QB would make that team one of the best teams in the AFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    and Dexter McCluster was a college RB, who knows how to run dives, sweeps, etc.
    And still runs plays from the backfield as it is.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Isn't the NFL breaking viewing records every year these days?
    Pretty much, yeah. Pretty sure the Superbowls have more and more people watching every year, too....like I think the most watched Superbowls have been the last six or seven of them, each beating out the last in viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Does the playoffs count to the CotY awards? If so, then I think Reid should be out of consideration. Having taken the time to consider the game, I understand why Philly fans were sick of the guy. Up 38-10, and still calling a ton more passing plays than runs. I don't care if your pro-bowl RB is injured, Knile Davis was solid until he got hurt and even when he did go down, they still had a third string guy and Dexter McCluster was a college RB, who knows how to run dives, sweeps, etc.

There will be no running on Andy's watch.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...o-underachieve

Dan Marino thinks andy passes too much.

Another factor that may have accounted for more viewers of the 49ers vs. Packers was how freaking cold it was across the nation. What else better to do than sit by a cozy fire or such munching on some food while watching a playoff game?