Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Yeah no doubt. These are the situations where GMs earn their salary. It will be interesting to see them try to piece it together. Jay Cutler getting 126M certainly doesn't help them much. I can't imagine Russell's agent will be too keen on letting him get that much lower than a guy who has never finished a season with a QB rating over 90, when his guy has finished both of his first two over 100.
    He won the superbowl, thats the what the job is about, he should fire his Agent if he doesnt get at least Flacco's pay day + inflation.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

BTW don't trust that site I linked earlier... They show Brady's salary at 1M for 2013... WTF?
    No, that's right. Brady restructured his deal in the offseason. Or signed an extension. Whichever you prefer. His base salary this year was $1M.

BTW don't trust that site I linked earlier... They show Brady's salary at 1M for 2013... WTF?
    It should go up a ton in 2014 or 2015. He restructured to keep Wes Welker and get other people.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    No, that's right. Brady restructured his deal in the offseason. Or signed an extension. Whichever you prefer. His base salary this year was $1M.
    Yeah I deleted my post because I forgot that. Though his cap hit for the team was still 13.8, so I'm not sure what benefit they got from that?

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Te...iots&Year=2013

The column on the right probably answers my question. I guess I'm not sure why more players don't do that? Either way he gets the same amount of money, even if an absurd amount of it was a "bonus"
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-02-03 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    He won the superbowl, thats the what the job is about, he should fire his Agent if he doesnt get at least Flacco's pay day + inflation.
    I don't think he's going to get that much, especially if he 'accepts' a lesser salary to try and keep some of their better players around who are also expecting a payday.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Malcom Smith is a surprising MVP though. Deserving, but surprising from somebody that was a backup LB until KJ Wright went down. Wasn't even invited to the combine. If I had to pick a MVP it'd be Kam or Percy. Those two players really effected the game when they were on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I don't think he's going to get that much, especially if he 'accepts' a lesser salary to try and keep some of their better players around who are also expecting a payday.
    I think that's a very real possibility, AND he can't renegotiate until the 2015 season as per league rules regarding rookie contracts, but I'm betting he'll still cart in quite a few million per year once that happens. Probably not 20, but still quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Malcom Smith is a surprising MVP though. Deserving, but surprising from somebody that was a backup LB until KJ Wright went down. Wasn't even invited to the combine. If I had to pick a MVP it'd be Kam or Percy. Those two players really effected the game when they were on the field.
    There isn't an obvious MVP. You could make a case for Harvin or Wilson but really the whole Seahawk's defense deserves the credit, Smith is a good choice I guess but if it was up to me I'd probably give it to Chancellor or Thomas because they are the centerpieces of the defense even if it doesn't show up in the counting stats.
    Fierydemise
    The Horsemen-US 25 (25 man). 9 Hours per Week.
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    There isn't an obvious MVP. You could make a case for Harvin or Wilson but really the whole Seahawk's defense deserves the credit, Smith is a good choice I guess but if it was up to me I'd probably give it to Chancellor or Thomas because they are the centerpieces of the defense even if it doesn't show up in the counting stats.
    Yeah thats what I was talking to my dad about right when the game ended. You could really toss it up between 5-10 guys. Was surprised they didn't just give it to the QB though.

I still feel strongly about Percy or Kam. Percy's run back gutted any hope for the Broncos. Kam's first hit really set the tone defensively.

Dreadlord
    Atleast one thing got settled. Peyton Manning is NOT the all time greatest. Choking in super bowl and play-offs in general is disqualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Lesser quality is better for 1990s material!
    Don't you start telling me about how grain is part of the picture!

Kam Chancellor was the best player that game. Even taking away the INT, he was just flying around the field making plays. I haven't seen him play all year, but the awareness he displayed when he broke off Julius Thomas to catch up to Welker and break up that pass just in time was something great to behold. Those are the kinds of plays you would see from Ed Reed or John Lynch.
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

SF was like a hand away from winning their game and going to the SB.

Kap > Manning? What the hell is going on >_>

Totally a bad day to wake up at 5am tomorrow. Supposed to have freezing rain and snow, so who knows. Maybe they'll just cancel everything and call it a holiday.

Either way I'll have a writeup tomorrow. I know I said I would last weekend, but I lied.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Totally a bad day to wake up at 5am tomorrow. Supposed to have freezing rain and snow, so who knows. Maybe they'll just cancel everything and call it a holiday.

Either way I'll have a writeup tomorrow. I know I said I would last weekend, but I lied.
    They practically shut Philly down for a week after winning the world series... and we'd won world series before... Pretty sure Seattle's gonna be basically shut down.

Also, anyone see what happened during Smith's postgame interview?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...by-911-truther

Fnatic pls

Well I assume Browner won't be a Hawk next year, especially after Sherman blasted him.
    He did? what did he say? I don't get interviews and such here in EU so I don't get the stuff that doesn't make the mainstream media snippets
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

MVP could have gone to a lot of diff guys it was a real team win everyone played well as a group on O, D and special teams. A good case could be made for Avril to get MVP too since 2 of his hits/pressures directly lead to turnovers.

Truth be told Allen, JS and PC were the true MVP's without a doubt.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    All I can say about that is THANK GOD JS and PC are in charge of personnel and not someone else. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    Truth be told Allen, JS and PC were the true MVP's without a doubt.
    I have no idea who you're talking about.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Paul Allen the owner for hiring Schnieder the GM and Carroll the coach. They have made like 1K roster moves since coming together and built a solid team that is very deep and young.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

IS there a Seattle fan at all who owned season tickets before Pete Carroll was the coach of this team? Any Matt Hasselback fans?

God, I hate bandwagons.