15+ Year Old Account
    Lawl at the last play.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Lawl at the last play.
    No shit, those stupid ladder passes are worthless. Need to channel your inner Rex Grossman on those plays and just go deep.

ugh I hate bye weeks. I mean, it's great because it gives them a week to recover from injuries, but I won't have any real interest in any of the games this weekend... except rooting for a Dallas loss.

So, which teams could get upset in the playoffs? Since Seattle getting home field is basically a foregone conclusion at this point, any chance they lose at home?

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints win and we get our big big matchup next week, now I have to wait for next Monday, gonna be awesome, game for the #1 seed!

Saints do a lot of defensive scheming during the week and they didn't have much time before a Thursday game, I had a feeling they would come out rather bland with their looks and the Falcons moved the ball on them pretty well, but they didn't come away with points. Saints on offense were without Evans again and they had less trouble than last time he was out but it still showed, that plus no Sproles took out some of the creativity. Brees seemed a little out of synch but the good news is they got through the short week and now have a long rest before the next one. Run game is improved, Pierre does what he always does and Ingram looks a lot better the past few weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    ugh I hate bye weeks. I mean, it's great because it gives them a week to recover from injuries, but I won't have any real interest in any of the games this weekend... except rooting for a Dallas loss.

So, which teams could get upset in the playoffs? Since Seattle getting home field is basically a foregone conclusion at this point, any chance they lose at home?
    New England - Denver this week! If there's any game you should see this season that doesn't include your favorite team then it's that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    New England - Denver this week! If there's any game you should see this season that doesn't include your favorite team then it's that!
    It's the ONLY game to see this weekend. The rest are crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers at KC doesn't look too bad, same with the Colts and Cardinals.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post

Yep, anyone can lose at home, especially in the playoffs, what's happened in the past doesn't mean all that much, IMO, especially in the playoffs. The pats are an equally difficult team to beat at home, and yet the Ravens shat all over them in the championship game last year in an uncharacteristically terrible playoff performance from the Pats. As for the Hawks themselves, I think they have a very good chance of at least collecting a win and making it to the Championship game, but they're going to have to play at the very top of their game to beat a team like the Saints, they can't have any of this coming from behind three score shit against a team like NO.

Either way, there is no point in making much of a serious Superbowl prediction when we don't even know which teams will be in the playoffs yet for certain and which seed they will be in if so, the experts always do it and they're just about always wrong. Yes, the Hawks have a chance, but hell, for all anyone knows it could be the third Pats-Giants Superbowl with the Giants winning yet again resulting in me never watching football ever again.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Start it at :11.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...best-job-years

To quote Ray Liotta from good fellas.

"You're a funny guy".
    Last edited by icausewipes; 2013-11-23 at 01:31 AM.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    but it includes my two least favorite teams so I'll pass

10+ Year Old Account
    Cortland Finnegan was just placed on IR.

Weird.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...jured-reserve/

So glad it's the late game and I'll be home from work by then.

Sort of off topic, but does it grind anyone else's gears when commentators abuse the word "physical" so much it becomes practically meaningless?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    So glad it's the late game and I'll be home from work by then.

Sort of off topic, but does it grind anyone else's gears when commentators abuse the word "physical" so much it becomes practically meaningless?
    When I hear Cris collingsworth abuse the words "greatest w/e I ever seen".
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    FUCK

Walter Thurmond has been suspended for 4 games for substance abuse. I'm hearing conflicting reports if hes appealing or not, but right now it sounds like no. I'm really pissed about this. Browner is out with an injury, now this on top of it pretty much puts us right in the same position as last year. So that means Lane and Maxwell will be starting corners, and might force Browner to be IR'd.

Ugh. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    FUCK

Walter Thurmond has been suspended for 4 games for substance abuse. I'm hearing conflicting reports if hes appealing or not, but right now it sounds like no. I'm really pissed about this. Browner is out with an injury, now this on top of it pretty much puts us right in the same position as last year. So that means Lane and Maxwell will be starting corners, and might force Browner to be IR'd.

Ugh. Fuck.
    what he get suspended for Adderall

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    what he get suspended for Adderall
    Assuming thats a question, no. It would say PEDs, this says substance abuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the Rams are just like, fuck it lets play Tavon Austin like Percy Harvin.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll forgive me if I don't tear up over the Seahawks secondary being gutted for the Monday Night Game, still gotta deal with that front 7.

NFL makes no sense. The week after the controversial no pass interference call against the Panthers, the NFL then proceeds to call pass interference on the Bears for a pass that was so far out of bounds not even Calvin Johnson couldve made a completion out of it if he was wide open.

Is it only interference if its a catchable ball or isnt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    You'll forgive me if I don't tear up over the Seahawks secondary being gutted for the Monday Night Game, still gotta deal with that front 7.
    Our front is like this:

A few series there will be no pressure and I'll start getting pissed, then all the sudden there will be pressure on the QB 3 downs in a row. I just hope we can contain the run like we have.

Though the secondary will be the same starters as the last 4 games of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    NFL makes no sense. The week after the controversial no pass interference call against the Panthers, the NFL then proceeds to call pass interference on the Bears for a pass that was so far out of bounds not even Calvin Johnson couldve made a completion out of it if he was wide open.

Is it only interference if its a catchable ball or isnt it?
    Refs have made some really bad calls all year, some of which have changed the outcome of the game. They make a call, and there is nothing that can be done about it. They'll say they made the right call and if it's really controversial the NFL will do what it can to tell you it was the right call (even if it clearly wasn't) so they don't look bad. They honestly don't look any better than the replacement refs.