Man, that one guy never gets tired of beating the "Peyton Manning is overrated" drum despite all the evidence in the world that it isn't even slightly true. People who think he's the best of all time are taking it a bit too far, but he's certainly the best in the league right now. The only argument that is even worth having is him vs Brady.

Are things so bad for Oakland fans that you're talking yourselves into the Terrelle Pryor era? In what way is he not a slightly better version of Tim Tebow? At least we can stop hearing about how the Chargers might be a good team.

Side note: Is it just me or is damn near half the league just not good? The Giants, Jets, Bills, Vikings, Steelers, Bucs, Jags, Raiders, Chargers, Redskins, Eagles, and Rams are all bad. The Dolphins, Texans, Titans, Bengals, Ravens, Browns, Cards, Panthers, Falcons, Bears, Lions, and Cowboys all look decidedly mediocre. Everyone still assumes Green Bay will wake up and become dominant again, we'll see. Same with Frisco. So the actual good teams are the Hawks, Saints, Pats, Colts, Broncos, and Chiefs. That's it. For all the talk about how good the NFC was going to be, they have two teams that look good enough to win the Super Bowl, and even then Seattle better hope it gets a number one seed because I wouldn't want to go to the Superdome with Russel Wilson and that offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    When LA proves they can support a football team maybe they will move back. Seems they left in the first place because LA wouldn't improve the Coliseum and they couldn't sell it out causing blackouts. I know the coliseum is big but it isn't much bigger capacity-wise than Fed-Ex field or Met Life field in Washington and New Jersey respectively. LA won't support a losing team. They are some of the most notorious fair-weather fans out there.
    they break ground on the new stadium project as soon as a team relocates

old news, very old news

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Man, that one guy never gets tired of beating the "Peyton Manning is overrated" drum despite all the evidence in the world that it isn't even slightly true. People who think he's the best of all time are taking it a bit too far, but he's certainly the best in the league right now. The only argument that is even worth having is him vs Brady.

I only post the truth about him. He is awesome during the reg season but it's a different tune in the playoffs.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pryor can throw a ball a lot better than Tebow, don't forget while Tebow was a great runner, his throwing was terrible. Look at the difference between Oakland last week and Oakland this week, Pryor is carrying the offence right now, and makes watching Oakland fun. That's why fans are getting excited about him, come next season with a full draft and large cap space, Oakland has the potential to get back to playoff seasons within the next couple of years.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    I only post the truth about him. He is awesome during the reg season but it's a different tune in the playoffs.
    lol Peyton Manning is the A-Rod and Barkley of the NFL lol lol lol Nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    get ready Bills fans, time to start the Thad Lewis era

10+ Year Old Account
    Did he run over your dog while in his Buick or something? You have some serious angst to him.

I only post the truth about him
    oh man guys it's the truth

15+ Year Old Account
    Still not sure what to make of my Vikings picking up Freeman, admittedly I'm pretty new to following the NFL, this will be my first full season! Ponder wasn't doing as well as we'd hoped he would be (if he'd started this season like he finished last season we'd be laughing, unfortunately he didn't...) But Cassel did pretty damn good last week at the Wembley game (which I was at ^__^) So could just bump ponder onto the bench and start with Cassel... unfortunately I don't know anything about Freeman other than the recent dramas from Tampa, which wasn't much related to how well he plays, but more him not getting on with people there etc...

Personally I see Ponder being out for the Panthers game with rib injuries and Cassel to start again. If Cassel does well I see him starting until Freeman knows the plays at least... then who knows? If Cassel continues to do well will they bench him and let Freeman start, or just keep Freeman as a back up?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to the game Thursday Night. Why do I have this bad feeling that this is the game Eli and the Giants will put it together and score 5 touchdowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I'm going to the game Thursday Night. Why do I have this bad feeling that this is the game Eli and the Giants will put it together and score 5 touchdowns.
    They might score 5 but their defense will allow 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    if the Giants couldn't score against Philly I don't see them doing much to a team that just played solid defense against the Saints, holding them to 2 TDs and keeping Brees under 300y
    the Bears just didn't get the takeaways they needed, but here comes Eli, so that won't be an issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Does throwing a pick 6 count as Eli scoring a TD? If so yeah i think 5 is about the right number.
    Nominated Most Average Healer Ever
    My Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omous/advanced
    My Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamus/advanced
    Pokemon Y FC: 1736-1594-7603 // Name: Human?
    Ghost Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

15+ Year Old Account
    Gah...watching the Pats game yesterday was so painful.

what...happened...
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Still not sure what to make of my Vikings picking up Freeman, admittedly I'm pretty new to following the NFL, this will be my first full season! Ponder wasn't doing as well as we'd hoped he would be (if he'd started this season like he finished last season we'd be laughing, unfortunately he didn't...) But Cassel did pretty damn good last week at the Wembley game (which I was at ^__^) So could just bump ponder onto the bench and start with Cassel... unfortunately I don't know anything about Freeman other than the recent dramas from Tampa, which wasn't much related to how well he plays, but more him not getting on with people there etc...

Personally I see Ponder being out for the Panthers game with rib injuries and Cassel to start again. If Cassel does well I see him starting until Freeman knows the plays at least... then who knows? If Cassel continues to do well will they bench him and let Freeman start, or just keep Freeman as a back up?
    After some thought... Freeman=Ponder=Cassel. They are all mid level QBs to me. If Freeman comes in and is completely different than he was in TB then I guess I'll be wrong on that statement.

Matt Flynn was released by Oakland. So maybe the Bills can scoop him up for cheap money.

Also, pink flags are going bye bye after that debacle this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

what...happened...
    I have two theories:

1. Brees utilized Hoodoo magic and summoned forth a torrential downpour to stop Brady from coming after his record.

or

2. The Pats fought a defense playing at it's best while playing at their worst, and got hit with a massive rainfall on their chance to tie it up.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

what...happened...
    What Pats game? I don't know what you're talking about. Oh....you mean that thing that happened on TV with the field goals and stuff. In all seriousness, our offense was fucking terrible, and I must include Brady, he had some pretty fucking terrible passes, I know the Bengals are struggling on offense but our defense did it's part, considering. Granted, the Bengals defense did looking fucking awesome yesterday but we certainly helped them out. Well, I have confidence that we won't look like shit next week when we come back home. We can't afford to, we need to keep our lead ahead of the Fins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    After some thought... Freeman=Ponder=Cassel. They are all mid level QBs to me. If Freeman comes in and is completely different than he was in TB then I guess I'll be wrong on that statement.

Matt Flynn was released by Oakland. So maybe the Bills can scoop him up for cheap money.

Also, pink flags are going bye bye after that debacle this week.
    Thought I read somewhere that Green Bay didn't have much depth at QB. How funny would it be to see him return to the Packers?
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Clay Matthews could be out for a month with a broke thumb.

What ever happened to just wrapping your hand in a giant club-like cast and continuing playing?

Also I hear the Packers have no interest in Matt Flynn.