[QUOTE=Shocking;23896953]Shanahan denied that RG3 requested that they not show the bad plays during film review, so there's likely no truth in that rumor. Shanahan hasn't hesitated to tell the truth when it comes to RG3 in the past, so I'm guessing he wouldn't have lied to protect him.

RG3 has not been good this season, but he's far from the reason that the Redskins are 3-8. The salary cap penalties and other bad contracts have left the roster void of talent surrounding him. Think of it like this: Outside of RG3 and Garcon, name 1 other offensive player who would start for most other offenses in the NFL?
    Trent Williams is a possibility, but he looked pretty awful tonight. Some will say Alfred Morris, but he is a system running back (albeit a great one) who lacks explosive playmaking ability and wouldn't excel outside of the zone blocking scheme. The fact that you can only point to those 2 guys as starters on most teams shows how devoid of talent this offense is.

Jordan Reed was looking pretty damn good leading up to his concussion.

But yes, I agree with the Redskins lacking in talent. And the concept of a run first offense would need to be backed by a good defense. But with the Redskins having no defense (they sold out to stop the run tonight), you can't run that run first offense. And down by a lot, what's with the play calling of continuing to run the ball despite being stuffed nearly every play from the start of the game?

I also agree that you put your future on RG3 and there is no way you are trading him or doing anything other than building a team around him. If they do feel the need to find a new coach, it will be a coach who believes in RG3 as the QB1 even if Cousins shows some brilliance during the offseason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Agreed, I don't think Shanahan has done enough to stay in his position this year.

Not agreed. I think the upside of Kirk Cousins is WAY too big to trade him. With the beating RG3 takes, I liken him to Michael Vick, and a solid back up is a necessity, I feel.
    And how many games has RG3 missed?

If RG3 dies after trading Cousins, you still have sexy rexy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    And how many games has RG3 missed?

If RG3 dies after trading Cousins, you still have sexy rexy.
    Well, that's true I guess, and for the pick(s) you could get for Cousins you could go a long way to shore up that abysmal defence they have right now. 29th ranked defense at the moment according to NFL.com.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/25/5...-of-nfl-on-fox

Really cool video on the production of the NFL games you watch on a Sunday.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think things will work out for Washington, they can fire Shanahan then rehire him as the mascot to deflect all the redskin racism talk.

And people are high off their asses if they think RG3 is on the way out in year 2.
    You realize all this character nonsense is bullshit right? Are you new to this? Have you not seen this before? The only difference between Griffin and the other 2nd year QBs is he isn't winning. They talked endlessly about what a great kid he was leading up to the draft and as a rookie and now that has all changed? No, it hasn't, but the team is losing and terrible journalists have deadlines, and they love to flip-flop and shit all over the same guys they just showered in praise (Romo knows what I'm talking about).

I will take this opportunity to complain about the tendency to give offensive RoY to the wrong guy all the time, I don't think he is washed up, but I'm seeing RG3 ending up next to Vince Young and Sam Bradford in the "oops" category.

Also it would not surprise me to see power rankings people vote the Saints up to the #2 spot this week, since everybody else likes to lose and it gives them the chance to cream themselves over a #1 vs #2 prime time game.
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-11-26 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I will take this opportunity to complain about the tendency to give offensive RoY to the wrong guy all the time, I don't think he is washed up, but I'm seeing RG3 ending up next to Vince Young and Sam Bradford in the "oops" category.
    I dont see how RG3 doing poor this season has any impact on him winning ROTY last season. His numbers were just better than Luck and Wilson, plain and simple. I think most people, even ones that gave ROTY to RG3 wouldve rather had Luck for the long term even back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Also it would not surprise me to see power rankings people vote the Saints up to the #2 spot this week, since everybody else likes to lose and it gives them the chance to cream themselves over a #1 vs #2 prime time game.
    Lol, PFT's power rankings are interesting..

Man the thanksgiving games are pretty awful this year.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2013-11-26 at 02:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    His numbers were just better than Luck and Wilson, plain and simple.
    that wasn't the way I saw it, just wanted to complain again and point to a recent trend of flameouts by the winners

10+ Year Old Account
    Green Bay @ Detroit has the potential of being good, just to watch two teams with great offence and a poor D have a shoot off.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well, that's true I guess, and for the pick(s) you could get for Cousins you could go a long way to shore up that abysmal defence they have right now. 29th ranked defense at the moment according to NFL.com.
    Cousins isn't going anywhere, primarily because of concerns over RG3's health as well as the fact he's on a cheap rookie contract. Once his rookie contract is up, they may look to trade him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    I also agree that you put your future on RG3 and there is no way you are trading him or doing anything other than building a team around him. If they do feel the need to find a new coach, it will be a coach who believes in RG3 as the QB1 even if Cousins shows some brilliance during the offseason.
    I'm not sure what direction they'll go in regarding coaching for next year. It's a pivotal off-season, with the extra cap room they'll have to spend plus (barring a late season injury) having a full year to develop RG3. Regardless of who is coaching, next year will be better simply because there will be more talent on the roster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocking View Post
    Cousins isn't going anywhere, primarily because of concerns over RG3's health as well as the fact he's on a cheap rookie contract. Once his rookie contract is up, they may look to trade him.
    Nobody would do that. Next year is the year to trade him. If they do it before his contract is up, then you could just wait and not have to trade shit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Nobody would do that. Next year is the year to trade him. If they do it before his contract is up, then you could just wait and not have to trade shit for him.
    By "contract is up," I meant closer to the end of the contract. He's signed through the end of 2016 with a salary of next to nothing, meaning they won't be trading him an sooner than the 2015 off-season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocking View Post
    By "contract is up," I meant closer to the end of the contract. He's signed through the end of 2016 with a salary of next to nothing, meaning they won't be trading him an sooner than the 2015 off-season.
    well they have until then to decide to trade him, he could make a noteworthy appearance and his value could go up, maybe he will get lucky and RG3 will be injured for a game against the Lions and he can Flynn his way to success

10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks have signed Perrish Cox, former niners CB. Antoine Winfield is still in talks, but undecided if he wants to un-retire.

I'm unfamiliar with Perrish Cox, but apparently he wasn't good at nickle, and neither is Maxwell or Lane... Starting to get a little late for something to happen before Monday night.

Saints vs Seahawks Monday night, kinda worried though, High powered offense vs high powered defense, see how it goes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Havokz View Post
    Saints vs Seahawks Monday night, kinda worried though, High powered offense vs high powered defense, see how it goes.
    I see the Seahawks struggle when the Saints put up a lot of points quickly and the Seahawks can't just rely on the other team being forced into making mistakes, so they can score points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only person who really enjoys "best offence vs best defence" games? I prefer watching technical excellence, even if it ends up low scoring, vs crazy shootoffs of terrible defence vs terrible defence where both teams have godawful offences or even worse, 4th and punt repeats of terrible offence vs terrible offence games where both have a great D.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Seahawks have scored more points than the Saints this year and they both have top 5 defenses, this is just two of the best teams in the league going against each other, this game deserves better than to be oversimplified or labeled as great offense vs great defense, each team has both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its gonna come down to offense. Seahawks are 13-0 in the past two seasons in clink with a point margin of 17.9ppg. That is ridiculous, considering most of this season has been non starters on the oline. We haven't seen much of Percy Harvin either.

Ways I see the Seahawks losing: Wilson not getting the ball enough.

I had a few obvious things written like covering Jimmy Graham, pressuring Brees, but really if Wilson can't play ball, we lose. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Am I the only person who really enjoys "best offence vs best defence" games? I prefer watching technical excellence, even if it ends up low scoring, vs crazy shootoffs of terrible defence vs terrible defence where both teams have godawful offences or even worse, 4th and punt repeats of terrible offence vs terrible offence games where both have a great D.
    Those are my favorites as well. Shootouts are still better than great defense vs great defense with two weak offenses...like, I'd rather shoot myself than have to watch two teams playing like the Redskins in the second half all night, but seeing a really powerful offense getting challenged by a great defense is football at it's best.

As for Saints-Seahawks, I think it will be a one-score game and fairly low-scoring. I think I'm gonna go with the Saints in this one, though.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-11-26 at 11:52 PM.