10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Pierre Thomas is out, I'm trying real hard to not be all doom & gloom for the game tomorrow but its difficult.
    Be doom & gloom! That way if they do well you'll get a nice surprise, and if they fail you can say "I saw that coming". Works for me at least

EDIT: Should add that in this case you're probably right in being cautious with your optimism. I have a hard time seeing the Saints win myself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Pierre Thomas is out, I'm trying real hard to not be all doom & gloom for the game tomorrow but its difficult.
    Aw damn, is was going so smooth...ish.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Sigh. It's hard being a Vikings fan... Hopefully they get rid of Musgrave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Wait. The guy lead your team to a Superbowl win last year, and you'd get rid of him? O.o
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Why do you say that? He's one of the best coaches in the league...I mean, who would you rather have instead?
    He is actually pretty unpopular in Baltimore. I won't go so far as to say that he's "hated", but he's not far away from it. I'd saw it's a good 60/40 against him.

Also, anyone who has watched the Ravens consistently would never dare call him "one of the best coaches in the league". His game management is horrible, he wastes timeouts and challenge's pretty frequently, he refuses to make any type of mid-game adjustments and never accepts blame/responsibility for anything. The closest I've ever heard him come to accepting blame for something was when (not a direct quote) he essentially said, "I'm the HC, so yeah, I guess I'll take the blame for that one." In his constant defense of Cam Cameron, one of his more popular repeated quotes was, "I'm the HC, I guess I should be more involved in the offense." He's made similar quotes about the defense in regards to the DC. (though, not nearly as much as he did with Cam) It's questioned around Baltimore about how much effect he really has on the game(s) because it seems like he leaves everything up to his OC and DC.

One of my favorites was a quote this week from Monday. When asked about why Ray Rice was basically benched for most of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by John Harbaugh
    I really can’t explain that adequately, in all honesty,” Harbaugh said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com. “That was something that happened during the game that, when I looked over and saw it, I put him back in the game. I don’t have that answer for you right now. He should’ve been out there.
    A head coach of the NFL, whose ONLY JOB during the game is to watch the game and make adjustment's when needed ....didn't notice that his highly paid RB wasn't on the field for at least half of the game. Yeah, I buy that.

He could go at any time. And he can take his boy, Juan Castillo with him.
    Last edited by Elbren; 2014-01-04 at 06:32 AM.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    I think the Lovie Smith hiring is extremely smart for the Bucs. He is a proven coach (while a bit conservative) and that team has a lot of talent on the defensive side.
    My observations of Lovie as a Bears fan

THE GOOD
    * Defensive schemes
    * Teams fundamentally sound (good tackling etc)
    * Puts players in positions to make turnovers
    * Liked by players

THE BAD
    * No offensive knowledge
    * Stubborn to change when scheme isnt working (no halftime adjustments, changes in coverages)
    * Timeout management

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how bad the NFL is sued if somebody dies in the stands from hypothermia during the GB/49er game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people in the Great Lakes area are descendants from Jotunheim and are immune to the cold.

In all seriousness though, I'm not worried about the local Packer fans because they probably have appropriate harsh winter clothes, but am more concerned about 9ers fans that may have gotten tickets.
    Last edited by Tyrgannus; 2014-01-04 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Most people in the Great Lakes area are descendants from Jotunheim and are immune to the cold.

In all seriousness though, I'm not worried about the local Packer fans because they probably have appropriate harsh winter clothes, but am more concerned about hers fans that may have gotten tickets.
    This is my thoughts as well; I travel to Madison about once per month and no one's really all that bothered by the cold. People in Wisco and Minny are ready for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Factor in wind chill and temperatures will be near the non pole temperatures of Mars. Couldn't pay me enough to go watch that game in the stands.

Well maybe a billion dollars or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Very early twitter talk says Mike Munchak is fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had the money to make the trip, I would have gone to GB with my Niners attire, I lived in North Idaho for seven years, wind chill could hit -15 at times. That game would be awesome to go to, but alas! I have no money! Other fans of the Niners, I can see them in the "winter tundra attire"

Phillips is gone. O'Brien is cleaning house, I figured he would, and it makes sense.

Bob Stoops is supposedly a candidate for the Browns, le gasp, a potentially decent decision by the Browns organization! Seriously, the fans deserve better than that ownership / franchise right now.

Aaaaaand it's official: Munchak is fired. Poor guy, he hasn't had the the best team talent wise, they are actually rather terrible, and CJ500's contract didn't help him either. The guy has been with the Oilers / Titans for his entire professional career, and then he gets canned when he finally made it to HC.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2014-01-04 at 08:18 PM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I read that right, -34! 0F daily high. That's is just stupid to be doing anything outside in. Move the game to the closet dome.

Though according to every piece I read the 49ers are favored because of the cold. So maybe I should want the Ice Bowl.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2014-01-04 at 08:09 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Did I read that right, -34! 0F daily high. That's is just stupid to be doing anything outside in. Move the game to the closet dome.

Though according to every piece I read the 49ers are favored because of the cold. So maybe I should want the Ice Bowl.
    That is stupidly cold. Glad I'll be watching it from my TV indoors 1,000 miles away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, shit. I got KC winning this game, but not without Charles. Hopes he's just dinged up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, shit. I got KC winning this game, but not without Charles. Hopes he's just dinged up.
    Cocussion protocol and to the locker room, that looks bad for him. That sucks for him, and the Chiefs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yuup, thing is, if he had gotten the full hit from that lineman, then it could have been worse. His head hitting the turf likely is the cause of the injury. Sucks for KC, but if Davis can keep his mitts on the ball, he is a serviceable backup, no Charles, but there are few of him. I know I wanted McCluster when he came into the league, the guy can be electric with the ball.

Jesus, I knew that T.Y was the favorite target of Luck after Reggie Wayne wen down, but you would think that the Chiefs would too. Luck is just showing why he was the #1 pick last year on this drive. Holy hell.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2014-01-04 at 09:58 PM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    McCluster is like a poor man's Percy Harvin. Always fun to watch, but doesn't seem to affect the offense as much. Maybe KC's defense can show up and just play that kind of game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a no on the KC D showing up.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they just pass every single play that drive? Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't #21 on the Chiefs that Robinson guy who was on the Falcons who was known as being a hitter at CB, but not a great cover guy? You would think that you would want someone known for coverage skills on the #1 WR, while the hitter gets bumped to SS.

That tackle from behind by Bethea saving the TD may make the difference in this game where the defenses are bleeding yards.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2014-01-04 at 10:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Looks like a no on the KC D showing up.
    I was wrong. Quick out, next Series, get the turn over. They showed up.