Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Usually around 100 tabs opened, I use them as bookmarks, no way Chrome can handle this on my computer.
    Try New Tab Tools addon. It should be able to do 10x10 tiles.

Deleted
    I use chrome, its fast only reason :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Chrome. Was a long time Firefox user before that, but switched a year ago or so to Chrome as it felt more lightweight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Firefox, addon support in Firefox is far superior to chromes. I use to use both chrome and firefox, mainly firefox for addons, but ever since like version 20, firefox has becomes miles faster then chrome, so I uninstalled chrome and used only firefox, not turned back ever since.

http://www.unrealengine.com/html5/

Good luck doing that on chrome :P
    Eh that works fine in Chrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use IE because
    1) I prefer everything which is default (yes, even wow interface, except for couple of addons)
    2) With good internet connection and PC all the talks of what's faster are useless
    3) I don't use any addons because.. well just I'm fine without them. At least I don't have trouble using someone else's pc without 'my addons'
    4) I don't feel special and therefore I'm not paranoid of being a target of hacker attack
    5) I don't go to much places where i can get some malicious stuff
    6) I don't like new stuff, changing habits is a pain every time
    7) I have Chrome to back me up then i run into a site which simply does not work at all with IE. (happens once in 6 month, i'd estimate)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Try New Tab Tools addon. It should be able to do 10x10 tiles.
    Which is not what I want. I don't want to have to go to a new page tab to find what I want, or even to list pages, it's already there when all is opened (and very convenient when using ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab shortcuts all the time).

I also don't want to have to care about organizing / adding / removing bookmarks. All I have to do currently is close, move or open a new tab, which is 1 click (or more likely one keyboard shortcut).

The "show my windows and tabs from last time" option completely changed the way I use a browser (in a very memory consuming way, but FF handles this without problem, while chrome doesn't, which is kind of sad since FF has always been known for his excessive memory consumption).

Firefox. Chrome is nice, but I've grown accustomed to a couple addons that either aren't available (NoScript) or the alternative is a bit clunky (FireGestures -> Any on Chrome). I also find that Firefox is laid out better, especially when it comes to Options. It seems that Chrome's options are half-baked or actually use Internet Explorer's option instead of being native to the browser.

IE is used in last-ditch efforts where a site was coded specifically for IE, ignoring W3C conventions in favor of Microsoft code, and where IE Tab doesn't allow me to get around that limitation. Very rare circumstance.

I have been using Firefox for years and just am happy with it.

One of its biggest advantages over Chrome is that I can specify a proxy server in the settings without changing the system proxy settings. This allows me to test one proxy server using Firefox and another using IE/Chrome/etc. simultaneously. This is something that has pretty much been needed for my work for the past few years. Helps a lot when trying to determine if it is an issue with our caching proxy or the content filter or something else.

chrome for everything but when using Tor (mozilla)

10+ Year Old Account
    Chrome, because I like my browser UI clean and uncluttered and I want adblock. If IE11 had adblock Id use it. Firefox looks like its stuck in 2004. Opera is a joke.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

i really like chrome, but lately i have been debating switching to something i'd rather not switch to because chrome is always taking a little while to start up. i'll open it, but the frequently visited pages won't show up for around 25 seconds and bookmarks wont load for another 25 seconds after that. during this wait time, i can't actually go to any websites. also, chrome never fills all the spots for frequently visited websites. it only shows 6 and then 2 blank ones for me.

Firefox, just because I've been using it for several years and like it. It's fast and does everything I want it to do. I also love the NoScript addon. I switched to Firefox somewhere around the IE7 days and haven't looked back. I actually can't remember the last time I had any major problems with it. I only use IE10 for my bank's website since they do a "YOU MUST USE INTARNET EXPLORERER HURP DURP DURP" thing. Verizon doesn't seem to like it much either, so I use IE to pay my bill there once a month. But aside from those two exceptions, I use Firefox for everything else and love it.

I've never been a fan of Chrome, and I've never actually used Opera.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-09-10 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Which is not what I want. I don't want to have to go to a new page tab to find what I want, or even to list pages, it's already there when all is opened (and very convenient when using ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab shortcuts all the time).

I also don't want to have to care about organizing / adding / removing bookmarks. All I have to do currently is close, move or open a new tab, which is 1 click (or more likely one keyboard shortcut).
    New Tab shortcut is Ctrl+T.

The New Tab Tool method I'm suggesting is much simpler than searching through 100 tabs.

Deleted
    Chrome. It runs perfectly for me so I haven't switched.

IE > Opera > Chrome.

Won't use Safari or Fx.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    New Tab shortcut is Ctrl+T.

The New Tab Tool method I'm suggesting is much simpler than searching through 100 tabs.
    No, you still need to care about organizing / adding / removing things from this page, and I don't want to do this. I have no problem finding any tab, since they stay in the order I opened them, that's usually quite organized and I remember when I opened it. With also the possibility to use ctrl+t and use address bar with "switch to tab" functionality by typing the name of what I'm looking for and getting directly on it (I love not using my mouse).

I may gain a second on tab searching using this, yes (sometimes). Bit how much time will I lose reorganizing this new tab thing considering what I leave open changes daily ?

(Oh, and don't worry, I know about shortcuts xD)