What if Pandaria was enslaved by Lei Shen at the time we arrive in MOP

What if pandaria was enslaved by lei shen like it was thousands of years ago before we got to pandaria
    would that have made him a more interesting villain? what would the questing be like?
    I wish at blizzcon they didnt say garrosh was the main villain of the expansion and do something like this >>

10+ Year Old Account
    That would defeat most of the aesthetic and spirit of the expansion, so no.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

So if we came to a Lei-Shen enslaved Pandaria

- Pandaren would be enslaved. This puts them in low regard. If they can't save themselves, what do they have to offer the Alliance and Horde?
    - Lei Shen is the big bad. No one knows who he is, no one would care who he is. Learning about him through quests made a much stronger impact for his introduction
    - Removes the Peaceful nature of the Pandaren. The corruption of the Vale would not be as dramatic if Pandarens were still enslaved

I think it would have made Pandaria more interesting. 'Rebels' vs the Mogu. For the Wandering Isle Pandarian it would be the much awaited ancestral home coming to try to free their brethren. For everyone else we get to be bad asses.

But then again I don't care about the Pandarian, their island, or their culture. Be super happy when we're done with Pandaria and I am hoping they get the Draenei treatment in lore and race presence once 6.0 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    I wish at blizzcon they didnt say garrosh was the main villain of the expansion and do something like this >>
    Even better, I wish they had hinted at the Thunder King then 5.4's cinematic came out without the announcement of who the final raid was about. (It would be getting obvious by then, but not confirmed.)

Seriously though, could you imagine how fantastic that patch cinematic would have been had you not known?

The mist wouldn't have existed and Pandaria wouldn't have been shrouded as Shaohao cloaked the isle long after the Thunder King was dead.
    So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    The mist wouldn't have existed and Pandaria wouldn't have been shrouded as Shaohao cloaked the isle long after the Thunder King was dead.
    So there's that.
    Op can correct me if I'm wrong, but I figured he meant "what if we were six months late and the Thunder King's resurrection wasn't met by two world powers."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Op can correct me if I'm wrong, but I figured he meant "what if we were six months late and the Thunder King's resurrection wasn't met by two world powers."
    The Zandalari (the ones who resurrected him) only found Pandaria after the mists had subsided.. so the Thunder King would still be dead.

But let's say he was like.. an overall boss, going into it with no backstory and such would've been a bit ehh. Since, we've learn and built up to him via questing.. by actually seeing his resurrection and trying to stop him from getting his artifacts. The pandaren would also be seen as well.. weak, just mere slaves, and have less of an overall impact. Well, that's just my opinion of it.

The Zandalari (the ones who resurrected him) only found Pandaria after the mists had subsided.. so the Thunder King would still be dead.
    Yes, and we didn't all get teleported to Pandaria the moment the mists parted. I meant "what if Anduin didn't go on a carnival cruise and get beached in Jade Forest and instead H and A didn't know it was there for another 6-12 months."

But let's say he was like.. an overall boss, going into it with no backstory and such would've been a bit ehh. Since, we've learn and built up to him via questing.. by actually seeing his resurrection and trying to stop him from getting his artifacts. The pandaren would also be seen as well.. weak, just mere slaves, and have less of an overall impact. Well, that's just my opinion of it.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Yes, and we didn't all get teleported to Pandaria the moment the mists parted. I meant "what if Anduin didn't go on a carnival cruise and get beached in Jade Forest and instead H and A didn't know it was there for another 6-12 months."
    It wouldn't have taken long for someone to notice a landmass in the south seas that wasn't there before though.

While I think that Lei Shen fell flat as a villain due to not doing anything but sit in his island fortress after being resurrected, this wouldn't be the way to go about fixing it. I think instead he should have had a role in 5.1 where he establishes himself as a badass and a threat to be reckoned with even by the Horde and Alliance, having 5.1 tie into 5.2 a little more directly instead of just setting up the kirin tor/sunreaver split.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    With Pandaria utterly enslaved by the Mogu, I don't know how much questing would have took place.

Every "friendly" NPC would have been a slave used as an overburdened laborer, and we would have faced an angry and ruthless enemy in the midst of the Horde/Alliance conflict on Pandaria's shores. Plus the Sha rising from the depths of the land. I don't really think that would have ended well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    With Pandaria utterly enslaved by the Mogu, I don't know how much questing would have took place.

Every "friendly" NPC would have been a slave used as an overburdened laborer, and we would have faced an angry and ruthless enemy in the midst of the Horde/Alliance conflict on Pandaria's shores. Plus the Sha rising from the depths of the land. I don't really think that would have ended well...
    What MIGHT have worked instead is us coming in to see the pandaren in open rebellion, having taken let's say half of pandaria back from the Mogu when we arrive, but I still think that would clash too much with the themes of the expansion, and still think the best thing to do would be give the Thunder King something to do in 5.1 to establish his return. They do a good job seeding him in Kun-lai, the lore scrolls and Golden Lotus quests, he just needed something cool to do in 5.1 to lead into 5.2 and establish that he is a threat.

OP's scenario doesn't make sense as if Lei Shen (and the Mogu in general) had never lost control of Pandaria then they'd have been there fighting against the Legion after the first Sundering; Pandaria was inaccessible to the rest of the world because of Shaohao.

Edit: Or is OP suggesting that before Alliance/Horde got to Pandaria that events happened as normal with the exception of Lei Shen being resurrected sooner and having re-conquered Pandaria? If this is the case then we'd probably have more involvement with the non-Mogu and non-Pandaren than currently which would have been neat; would have loved some Yaungol allies.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-09-08 at 03:47 AM.

It wouldn't have taken long for someone to notice a landmass in the south seas that wasn't there before though.
    With their satellite imaging? We're talking about a place that no one goes near because it will get you lost and presumably "never heard from again" (/sailor tales) Also keep in mind that the admiral said it would take two whole months to go back to Stormwind and get a fleet over to the continent for their war. Two months when knowing exactly where you're going and have some degree of maps involved.

Mind you, Australia wasn't "discovered" until 1606 and people were sailing around Africa and India for thousands of years.