Deleted

Change stat weights ''ask Mr. robot'' for retribution.

Hello everyone.

As we all know at a certain point our haste becomes more valuable than strength.
    The default stat weights on ask mr. robot is listed as the following:

STAT STAT WEIGHT

Strength | 3.52
    Expertise(to 7.5%) | 2.5
    Hit(to 7.5%) | 2.5
    Haste | 1.93
    Mastery | 1.58
    Attack Power | 1.48
    Crit | 1.46

As we all know, ask mr. robot is a great site for maximizing our dps output, however.
    Since haste is more valueable than strength this proves the list to be false.

What would be the proper numbers in terms of correct stats weights as of 5.3 (and if someone knows) 5.4?

Cincerely,

Everyone equally confused as me

I'm pretty sure haste never becomes stronger than strength.

Deleted
    It is, rather early aswell.
    Around 500+ ilvl everyone should prioritize haste before strenght as it gives more dps per point.

Someone obviously forgot to check if 1 strength is more than 2 haste, not 1 strength is more than 1 haste.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    2 haste > 1 str. 1.93*2=3.86

I'm guessing you're speaking in terms of gemming, so a 320 haste gem is worth more than a 160 str gem.

Deleted
    According to the forums here on MMO-champ

Haste is 2:1 to strength.

So no, I didn't forgot to check, I'm asking... what would be the proper way of recalculating this into ask mr. robot stat weights.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct Raer

But wouldn't those stat weights still mess things up in terms of enchanting and gemming?
    Or am I being really, really slow and should go to bed lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wownije View Post
    Or am I being really, really slow and should go to bed lol.
    Yes you are.

2 Haste is better than 1 Strength, but 1 Strength is still better than 1 Haste.
    And the AskMrRobot stat weights reflect this.

And as Floross said, there's simcraft which you can use to calculate your personal stat weights. If you care enough to min/max like this, then you should learn how to use it.

The weights on AMR are just a "default" set based on general theory. Once you start getting new gear, you'll get a lot more mileage by simming your own weights. You might need to do it a couple times in succession -- in my experience my crit and mastery tend to flip-flop.
    Last edited by Curulan; 2013-09-08 at 06:08 PM.

Keep in mind any decent gearing and stat utility will hopefully be programmed such that if it notices 2 of a secondary stat is greater than 1 of a primary, it'll do the gem socketing reflecting that. I've never tinkered with AMR though, so I don't know if it actually does that.

You'll definitely want to simulate your own weights through SimultionCraft though. Your unique gear and talent situation means you can have very, very different stat weights that need to be taken into account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder