Deleted

Cpu temps on stress test

Hi guys,

I built my own pc a little while ago and done a bit of overclocking with it.

I dont really have any problems / issues atm but was just wondering what is the max safe temps while running prime 95.

My Cpu is a i5 4670k and its overclocked to 4.4ghz but when running the test i hit a max temp of 81 degrees so wasnt sure if this was to high and if i should turn the overclock down a bit.

The pc has a seidon 120m water cooler on it.

Deleted
    81 is still safe but don't push it much more.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Hi guys,

I built my own pc a little while ago and done a bit of overclocking with it.

I dont really have any problems / issues atm but was just wondering what is the max safe temps while running prime 95.

My Cpu is a i5 4670k and its overclocked to 4.4ghz but when running the test i hit a max temp of 81 degrees so wasnt sure if this was to high and if i should turn the overclock down a bit.

The pc has a seidon 120m water cooler on it.
    If I recall Intel Chips have a max of 90c, maybe 80c, but stress testing always creates more heat then you will ever have on your CPU. If anything try turning down the voltage as much as possible to see if that helps with anything.
    Last edited by Iyarashii; 2013-09-08 at 04:42 AM.

Deleted
    Ummm 90F is 32C and NO WHERE near hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Ummm 90F is 32C and NO WHERE near hot.
    whoops meant C my bad

Deleted
    Ok ty, ill leave it as it is then (it does run fine the number just seemed high).

Deleted
    It will shut down at 105C, ~70-75C is a decent temp to run a 24/7 overclock without issues (like temp spikes, shift in ambient temps etc.)

15+ Year Old Account
    80°C is about what i would set the limit for any extended use. The chips can endure a bit more, but if you now hit 80°C then think about what you might reach when the heatsink acquires a bit of dust and the ambient temperatures are a bit higher...
    I would say to stay with what you have now.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

10+ Year Old Account
    My CPU has been regularly running around 95°C for years while playing chess.

Hi AjayxD!

Your temp is totaly fine, especially if u stressed your CPU with prime95. For your chip that decent temp for that OC.

Haswell TJMax is 100C, down from 105C that's been used traditionally.

80C is on the border of too high, but stress test temperatures are higher than real world temps (eg. Cinebench).
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-09-09 at 06:06 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sandy Bridge's CPU TJMax was 98 Celsius, actually. :P

Which I find odd, considering we know how well CPUs can deal with heat, but hey, I guess they will be kept cooler and thus last longer, in the worst case scenarios?

Sigh, seeing posts like these showing such ridiculous numbers for heat is really disconcerting, I will not only want but need to upgrade to a new mobo/CPU soon enough and have PCI-E 3.0 and more SATA 6G ports... and it looks like I'll suddenly start having heat problems.

I love having an i5-2500K@4.5GHz at 1.4v and still staying under 75 Celsius even under high load.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water