Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Average about 50-60, It's easier for me to type my own words than to read and rewrite something, all the capitals and the symbols slow me down a bit.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    I can reach 100+ when putting some effort into it but my normal wpm is around 50 because I'm lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran the test 5 times, waffled between 75 and 78 wpm on each test, so it's pretty consistently there. Accuracy is less of an issue in this test, which is a good thing, since when I type I'm usually editing myself in exactly the same way that it requires, and most typing tests try and just have you type it out and then record WPM without corrections AND accuracy, which is fine if you aren't catching your errors as you make them.

I consider my typing speed pretty good considering I don't have any formal training and don't type "properly"; I don't hunt and peck, but I don't use my pinkies, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    Lol, maintaining 170+ is a world record basically. Whole lot of bullshit in here.
    "As of 2005, Barbara Blackburn is the fastest typist... Using the Dvorak Simplified Keyboard, she has maintained 150 wpm for 50 minutes, 170 wpm for shorter periods of time, and has been clocked at a peak speed of 212 wpm"
    What do you think they meant for Barbara Blackburn when she went form 50 minutes to "shorter periods of time" and "peak speed"? "Short periods of time" is probably at least 5-10 minutes, if you ask me.
    It's perfectly believable that people are hitting [170]wpm in under 2 minutes, in this case, then. [190 from the person you quoted is insane, but still quite a way off from 212.]

When people say "I average xxx" they're probably just going by what the site or the last site they used told them, not making a grand claim to fame.

There have literally been videos posted of people's times here on MMO-Champion of past performances that broke 200. Here is one, but it was made private. Maybe I'll PM the person who posted it, but feel free to check out the other posted scores via the quote link even if they're more average /shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cmvFAyyykv0
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2013-09-08 at 05:08 PM.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

My high score was 78 WPM. Practicing typing only made my score worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only doing about 80-90wpm, but I'm not really complaining.

Deleted
    I guess 120 wpm , but can be better

I'm doing 70-80. honestly curious to see people typing at 150 in person. Seems like it would be absolutely crazy fast.

i got skype now. and you are not speed writing a paper at school when its supposed to be good with no typos and errors.

60-70 wpm if you asked me 5-7 years ago i will bet my money that i was 130+

122.. even though i make alot of mistakes.. if i didnt have to type capital letters and commas, and apostrophes i would be faster

Deleted
    144 races with an average of 85 WPM. I still haven't bothered to learn how to type efficiently using all my fingers. Using mostly index/middle fingers, left thumb for space, left pinky for shift, right pinky for backspace/enter.