Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

53 homicides in August, with 41 deaths and 224 wounded in Chicago.

The city saw 53 homicides in August, with 41 deaths and 224 wounded as a result of shootings.
    The August crime wave ended on a tragic note, with 11 people shot and killed over Labor Day weekend; more than 25 more were shot and wounded.
    For September to date, there are already seven shooting homicides with another 29 people wounded.

I knew Chicago was bad but that's a lot of people shot in one month.
    We want to go to war with Syria while it sounds like there is already one in Chicago.
    Why not intervene in Chicago instead of wasting money on Syria?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ot-and-Wounded

why not intervene in syria instead of wasting money on chicago?

because you're not serious about spending gov't money on helping people and just want to criticize things.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post

because you're not serious about spending gov't money on helping people and just want to criticize things.
    Intervening in Syria is helping strangers, if it even helps at all and doesn't cause more conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post

If money has to be spent spend it here, I could care less what happens in Syria.
    Your opinion is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Intervening in Syria is helping strangers, if it even helps at all and doesn't cause more conflict.
    intervening in Chicago is helping strangers too. it's the big government coming in from washington wasting the country's hard earned money on welfare bums, etc... only going to cause more conflict because chicago people hate the federal government.

just spin it any way you want

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    If money has to be spent spend it here, I could care less what happens in Syria.
    Your opinion is wrong.
    you could care less, or you couldn't care less?

10+ Year Old Account
    Both sides are hopeless. I'd rather use the money for something worth while.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

10+ Year Old Account
    The killings in Chicago are probably mostly assholes killing other assholes, like in prison. I think Syria has innocent people dying.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Your opinion is wrong.
    Are you suggesting that the solution to Chicago involves several hundred tomahawk missiles?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    The killings in Chicago are probably mostly assholes killing other assholes, like in prison. I think Syria has innocent people dying.
    Its actually sad how true this is.

God I hated Chicago... It's the only place I've ever been where somebody is literally willing to kill both you and himself just to get to a (empty) toll booth before you. Everyone in that city drives like they desperately want to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like we got ourselves a gun problem over in Chicago...

Assholes killing assholes is the more likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Looks like we got ourselves a gun problem over in Chicago...
    More of a problem with horrible sub-humans filling it's streets. Nice people don't murder each other, no matter how many guns you give them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Parts of Chicago are referred to as "Chi-raq" for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    More of a problem with horrible sub-humans filling it's streets. Nice people don't murder each other, no matter how many guns you give them.
    Ah that old tired excuse, thought it would take longer than one post.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdatroll View Post
    Parts of Chicago are referred to as "Chi-raq" for a reason.
    Uh, what?

I see you're from TX, yet I am from about 30 miles NW of Chicago, and I've never heard of that. >_>

Not to say that I wouldn't agree with it, lol, quite the contrary, actually, the amount of gangs/gang violence that goes on in Chicago is absurd.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Depending on circumstances. Nice people can fall from grace. Not trying to dramatize it but..just sayin.

EDIT: In all seriousness I wish Chicago would clean itself up. Cause...well that being the big city in Illinois(MY STATE). Yeah...truth hurts.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Your opinion is wrong.
    The person who cares a lot about Syria potentially "could care less" about what happens there, too. So, how much did you actually mean to say you cared?

wat

Also, the money we'd be supposedly spending in Syria has already been spent. We have already purchased the Tomahawk Cruise Missiles from Raytheon long ago. We are even considering phasing them out of the Navy altogether in favor of more innovative weapons that are being developed, so elapsing our current arsenal can be construed as costing nothing.
    Last edited by TheGravemind; 2013-09-08 at 05:54 AM.

Please don't link stuff from Breitbart. There is no value in any of the trash reporting on that site. Why Chicago? Because it is the most violent city? No. Because the homicide rate is the highest? No.

The only reason you only see these stats from Chicago are because 1. the president served there and 2. they have stricter than normal gun laws.

If we were looking at cities with the highest murder rate New Orleans has a murder rate more than double that in Chicago, St. Louis does too. In terms of murder rate Chicago is around the 40th most dangerous city in the U.S.

10+ Year Old Account
    The death count in Chicago is a lot lower than than in Syria. Also a lot of deaths are a product of people "getting it how they live". Drug dealers shooting drug dealers. Gang members shooting gang members, etc.

And Chicago has a police department containing the violence. You want us to bomb Chicago or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Ah that old tired excuse, thought it would take longer than one post.
    Come again?

Flint, michigan is worse. I think if you die and go to hell you end up in flint michigan. I always end up getting banned in these threads for some reason.