Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Uh, what?

I see you're from TX, yet I am from about 30 miles NW of Chicago, and I've never heard of that. >_>

Not to say that I wouldn't agree with it, lol, quite the contrary, actually, the amount of gangs/gang violence that goes on in Chicago is absurd.
    I LIVE in Texas; I grew up in Roger's Park, and I still have a TON of friends that live up there. South Chicago is what I'm referring to.

Not saying Chicago is in a good state, but from the article in the OP: "The city crime data portal shows that murders and shootings are down, but only when compared to 2012. When compared to 2011, the number of murders is almost identical."

2011 had the lowest number of homicides in Chicago in the last 25 years, so saying it equaled 2011 is actually a pretty good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Flint, michigan is worse. I think if you die and go to hell you end up in flint michigan. I always end up getting banned in these threads for some reason.
    Michigan has all kinds of awfulness. Mostly stemming, I suspect, from that hellhole you call Detroit.

Shame, too. Such a beautiful state with fantastic weather.

You would think the city with the most restrictive gun control would have less gun crime. Color me shocked!

thankfully i live just outside of chicago. so im safe! but parts of the city are really nice just stay away from the south side. shit goes down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelonl View Post
    You would think the city with the most restrictive gun control would have less gun crime. Color me shocked!
    It has quite a bit less than a lot of cities in the U.S.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. That's what happens when you focus on the symptoms and ignore the disease. If you allows gangs and drug dealers to run rampant in your city, they will find a way to get guns. They'll make the guns themselves if they have to.

But then again, educating people and cracking down on criminals is hard. Blaming firearms is so easy, even Senator Feinstein can do it!

I just re read the title. How do you have 53 homicides and only 41 deaths?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinz View Post
    thankfully i live just outside of chicago. so im safe! but parts of the city are really nice just stay away from the south side. shit goes down there.
    This is quite true! I went there for an anime convention over the summer (shut up! I'm normal!), and the part of the city I staid in was quite lovely.

Now, the part we drove through to get there? Nightmare fuel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Looks like we got ourselves a gun problem over in Chicago...

Assholes killing assholes is the more likely.
    Guns don't kill people. Humans do. They'll find a way to kill you without any tools if necessary.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    This is quite true! I went there for an anime convention over the summer (shut up! I'm normal!), and the part of the city I staid in was quite lovely.

Now, the part we drove through to get there? Nightmare fuel.
    Yup! that will happen. once you enter the south side anyhting goes. it kinda sucks for people there. but yeah, you are normal >.> anime conventions are very very normal. >.>

guns come in from out of state, and due to the red tape the police can't go after the gun runners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I thought I was going to be the first to bring this up

I guess you could have bodies that were killed in july and only found in august?

Well it IS coming from the site that said Condi Rice was going to be Romney's VP pick. Actually I think the mean 53 homicides total, 41 as a result of guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats on having more homicides in 1 month than Vancouver has had in 3+ years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    why not intervene in syria instead of wasting money on chicago?

because you're not serious about spending gov't money on helping people and just want to criticize things.
    Don't worry, gun control will fix it.

I just laugh heartily and live my life while I wait for the world to implode.....

Oh also I could give a fuck....
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

10+ Year Old Account
    He he - those statistics are like 1/10th (actually - just checked, probably even less) of what happens in South Africa - this is a "suburb" of Port Elizabeth, South Africa called "Walmer" for 2012 - this is "one" policestation's statistics

26 murders
    110 sex crimes
    347 assaults with intent to do previous bodily harm
    328 common assaults.
    465 motor vehicle thefts
    807 residential burglaries

http://www.crimestatssa.com/precinct.php?id=1037

I think a ban on rap music would be more benefitial than a ban on firearms. Also you couldnt pay me enough to live in SA. It was a gorgeous country during apartied.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2013-09-08 at 08:52 AM.