American apparel tshirts vs regular tshirts

Hi all,

I'm about to order some bandshirts on an american website (can't find 'em in Europe). There i have the choice between "American apparel tshirts" and the "Standard tshirts".
    Now, being European and all i have no clue what the diference is between those 2. Is it a difference in shape? Or some other nuances?

Thanks alot in advance!

American Apparel is a slim fit shirt. The general advice is to move up a size if you like a looser cut. That gets trickier if you're between sizes. I'd only be speculating, but I think unless you like your clothes very loose, you probably want an L rather than an XL. American Apparel is smaller than brands like Gildan, but not a full size smaller. If you're between an M and an L in Gildan, it's even possible than an AA L would be just right.

American Apparel is a flattering cut, providing it's not worn absurdly tight (close to the body, yes - just not tight). A lot of us in this world have body image issues (myself included), so you might not feel comfortable wearing the shirt as a close fit. They do look good though, if you can bring yourself to wear it - might be worth it

Found this with Google

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't a slim fit better looking than a large one, provided you're not obese, though?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Well ... Conclusion: i 'm impatient and suck at searching on the internet ...

Ty alot for the quick response :-)

@ Moshic: I'm fairly skinny, so far from obese ;-)

American Apparel is a brand of t-shirts that are made in the US by workers paid a fair wage. They are generally a little better quality than other t-shirts (imo) but generally cost a little more.

I don't know... I typically just wear Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren t-shits, they're fine enough.

Fitted shirts will always look better, but you don't have to go for brand names to find them. Even if you're overweight, I shirt that's your actual size, and not baggy in an attempt to "hide" the fat, will still look better. Just throwing that out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.