[H] <The Elder Council> Seeking older players

The Elder Council, located on Silver Hand, is a Horde guild of older gamers ranged in age from 36 to 60+. We hope to attract folks from all walks of life and experiences who share our vision of the game and fit in with our "elder " membership, mindset, and interests. We enjoy all aspects of the game to include heroic dungeons, scenarios and LFR's.

Our guild also has its own Mumble (voice chat) server with a number of chat rooms used for hanging out, socializing and specific gaming purposes.

Although we are located on an RP server, role play on Silver Hand is nearly nonexistent and The Elder Council is not a role playing guild.

If The Elder Council sounds like the kind of guild you are looking for, we invite to learn more about us at tecouncil.enjin.com. We look forward to meeting you!

Avoid this guild as it is micro managed and you will not be allowed to do anything unless the guild elder council allows you to. You will not be allowed to do anything that the whole guild cannot join in on. They do not want active players to bring anything to the guild.

Beware of this guild, there is a total ban on any kind of raiding so if you are looking to chat and hang out great,, but any resources including mumble or guild bank for flex or any current content is strictly prohibited. Any talk of raiding will also probably get you booted. Only activities that include everyone are accepted as guild events. LFR once a week and sometimes the odd war games are on the calendar.
    The guild website is great but monitored closely with posts removed and Threads locked frequently
    at the managements discretion.
    all in all, not recommended
    Last edited by janndar; 2014-07-19 at 03:25 PM. Reason: original post too confusing

the Elder Council is a guild that absolutely hates the idea of any raiding except lfr. They don't do much other then lfr, wargames and a dwarf run on ally and arc biker chick run on horde. They have quietly been successful in getting anyone to leave the guild who spoke about doing flexible raiding. They were successful in getting a whole group of players to leave who actually got a group to do a weekly flex. They had an elder meeting and decided they would let the group do a weekly flex. They came into the mumble and stated that we could flex and they trusted us to be inclusive and respect the casual feel of the guild. We said absolutely we would. A few days later they changed their mind and in the guild message of the day they said a official policy concerning raiding had been put in place. When we read the forums we were told we could flex but we could NOT use any guild resources, and that included their mumble. So anyone who has raided knows vent or mumble is needed. So at that point we knew that we would have to rethink being a part of the guild. This guild is intent on not allowing any type of play they do not agree with which is any type of raiding beyond lfr. They also were not honest in their recruitment when I looked into the guild. No where did they say raiding will not be tolerated and anyone who raids as a guild activity will not be allowed to use any guild resources and that includes mumble. I have been in casual guilds that allowed its members to raid. This was the first guild I have ever been in that went out of its way to stop guild members from organizing a flexible raid.

AVOID THIS GUILD!

My wife and I spent six months in this guild and we feel this can be a great guild for some people. This guild continues to grow with over 500 toons on the Horde side. The guild has many great people in it and we made several very nice friends. If you are looking purely for a social “safe” guild, you won’t be disappointed with The Elder Council.

When the wife and I joined I believe the guild was misrepresented somewhat and we thought we would be able to raid and PvP with the guild as well. Don’t be fooled! This guild is very tigthly controlled! To be fair I think they are a little more clear about that on their website now then when we joined. The guild runs a LFR every other week, maybe a world boss or two, and War-games. That is pretty much it.

The LFR can be very nice. It will be a full guild run and if you have never run them before they will take the time to explain the fights for everyone. That will be as close to raiding as they will get and if that is all that you want then you will be very happy here. The weekly war games are a joke. It is the Horde guild versus the Alliance guild and HEALERS aren’t allowed. The groups are made up of primarily ranged players; so if you are melee it’s just kite, kite, kill and nothing like a battleground you’ll find in the game. So if you are interested in doing any PvP with the guild you might want to look somewhere else.

This guild is very anti-raiding! Many founding members have had bad experiences raiding in the past and they still carry those demons with them and even with all the recent improvements that Blizzard has made to raiding and looting they simply refuse to discuss it and any open discussion will get you removed from the guild. So again if you are not into raiding and only want a pure social experience then this guild is for you.

This guid was formed by six or so people “The Elders” that closely MONITOR EVERYTHING. They don’t lead any events or get involved with most members or participate in guild chat unless it’s add-on auto grats or to announce they kicked someone. They appoint members to run the safe unchallenging events and others to maintain the guild while they MONITOR EVERYTHING. I wanted to run mythic dungeons with the guild and you would think not a big deal. Once I went before the Council of Elders, yep all of them, to discuss my idea and I was given the green light and a announcement was made on the guild website.

So I started a thread on the enjin guild website about the mythic runs. Our first run, one of the Elders went along with me, I believe the reason was to ensure I wasn’t an elitist jerk and to see how the run would go for my guild mates. I see that as not only controlling but no trust in a grown adult who has been in the guild long enough for others to know my intentions. I did receive the seal of approval on my thread post from that Elder and the mythic runs started.

Soon after, I also posted a thread about dps improvement on the guild website. It included some resources to help improve your game play. Once again that post received a seal of approval from one of the Elders. Also, we had several members who were enthusiastic about the thread. So the thread became very popular in such it received many thumbs up likes. The post was becoming as popular in the polls as some Elders posts, but then a funny thing happened. Everyone started hitting the like button on the threads so much that before you know it the two threads had many likes. So many that I even passed one of the Elders on the like counter. Can you guess what happened next? If you guessed they removed the like button you would be right and then the like counter that had been there for months and months disappeared.

So the PROS, a great guild if you are looking for a safe (no challenges) environment to play the game. And if you are not interested in too much end game content, you’ll be safe here and will have a group of Elders that monitor everything to ensure just that. Additionally, if you enjoy the older content you will find plenty of people to do the old achievements with and earn those older raiding mounts. If your also into pet collecting and pet battles you will find a lot of help here.

The CONS, autocratic leadership! I retired from the military after 30 years and have led men into battle with the chest candy to prove it. I have never seen so much micromanagement from a leadership group ever. If you are the type of player that will step forward and take the lead be prepared to be be closely monitored, to the point of pure disappointment. If you are the type of player who has good intent, wants to help others while being treated fair and mature, then there are many more supportive guilds out there.

I pay blizzard $15 a month to have fun and enjoy ALL of my game. I always try to be someone who is not only patient and kind to other players, but fair and honest as well. So…for myself and my wife…it is better to move on and do just that then it is to deal with the frustration, micromanagement, and control you might experience here.