Question about the Unicorn build for this month

Alright, now, in a couple weeks, I'm building the unicorn build from this week's computer setup (With a couple of minor tweaks, nothing really major), but I need a wireless card to go into it, and I was wondering if anyone had an idea of a good card that is compatible with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I'm sorry to say but blizz has every right. They do not even need a reason. If they wanted to remove portals because they liked the taste of pink, that is a good enough reason for you and anyone else. Stop being a cry baby and adapt like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizal666 View Post
    Alright, now, in a couple weeks, I'm building the unicorn build from this week's computer setup (With a couple of minor tweaks, nothing really major), but I need a wireless card to go into it, and I was wondering if anyone had an idea of a good card that is compatible with it?
    You can get either a PCI-based card or a USB-model. PCI is more stable in general, but it can cause signal problems if - let's say - your computer is under the table in a small room close to a radiator.

Every wireless unit should be compatible, as long as you run an operating system listed under the supported ones. Good and solid units cost ~ $20.

Deleted
    Asus PCE-N53
    Rosewill N600PCE

I need a wireless card to go into it, and I was wondering if anyone had an idea of a good card that is compatible with it?
    Since the Unicorn build is high end, I recommend the ASUS Z87-PRO ($190) with integrated Wifi via high-end Qualcomm NIC which would be about the same overall price as a PCIe NIC ($15-30) + $160 Z87-PLUS. It has a long antenna with a magnetic base which is convenient for getting the best signal. Its signal strength, measured in # of bars reported in Windows, is stronger than the Netgear N600 USB adapter as well as the Intel NIC on my 5 year old HP laptop.

In my 3 months of using it (30 ft from router), I haven't had any issues with latency or dropped connections.

Here are several tweaks I'd recommend with regards to the most recent Unicorn build.

* Case recommendations: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2, Cooler Master Storm Enforcer or HAF XM, Corsair 400R or 500R, NZXT Phantom 410.

* A 550W PSU is sufficient for the listed single card system. For a dual card system, 750-850W is a good idea but I recommend Seasonic over Corsair. Besides the Antec Basiq in this list, all of the other units are good.

* The Noctua D14 heatsink is a solid performer, but the Phanteks PH-TC14PE line is better looking and has roughly the same thermal performance.

* I recommend highly overclockable, low voltage Crucial Tactical RAM (2 sets of the 8GB kit)

* Skip the Caviar Black and instead go for the cheaper yet faster WD Caviar Blue (WD10EZEX) or Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 (ST1000DM003)

* Switch the SSD to the Samsung 840 EVO. Consider going for a 250-256 GB SSD.

I would personally opt to stay away from the Cooler Master Storm Enforcer in my personal experience it was a dust magnet, I switched to a phantom 410 and like it. I do however wish the phantom 410 had a larger window.
    i7-4770k @ 4.5 / Corsair H100i / Asus Z-87-A / 8GB DDR3-1866 RAM / Asus GTX 770
    Corsair HX750 (semi modular) / NZXT Phantom 410 (black) / Samsung 840 250GB / Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamx View Post
    I would personally opt to stay away from the Cooler Master Storm Enforcer in my personal experience it was a dust magnet, I switched to a phantom 410 and like it. I do however wish the phantom 410 had a larger window.
    All Cooler Master cases are dust magnets because they don't usually come with air filters. On the other hand, Cooler Master 200mm fans are the bomb and are very quiet.