Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I've told this story on MMO-C before, but...

I don't officially believe in anything like ghost or monsters but when I'm alone and it's dark and I'm scared I usually address the corner of my room and say things like "I know you're there!" and "I'd rather you didn't kill me" just to be on the safe side. I mean, logically I "know" there's nothing there but it never hurts to cover all your bases. Better safe than sorry. If there turns out there was a ghost there all along it just feels like he'd be more lenient on me when I do that.

Anyway, I talk a lot to ghosts and monsters, but I'm not sure I believe in them.
    Hehe I do this some times myself after playing on my pc into the night, my brain just seems to recognise that I am now in a dark room with my back to the door and the only light source is my computer screen.

I can't say I believe in the supernatural as it is just not logical, but I am human and a slave to my brain and five senses, sometimes they can't agree on what just happened and my brain fills in the blanks as it has veto power. Silly brain!
    Last edited by dejec1989; 2013-09-08 at 10:08 PM.

idk about the afterlife. no clue what happens, that's why i'm scared of it. ghosts and crap? i don't believe in that.

I don´t believe in anything "supernatural" without evidence. I wont dismiss things outright out of the realm of possibility, but im not willing to take a leap of faith. Modern understanding of physics largely laughs on anything supernatural, so it´s hard to believe in stories about ghosts. The thing that keeps my mind open to some things is that existence itself is a tricky concept.

Isn't it funny when a religious person says that aliens do not exists because there is no proof, yet they believe in god?

I have talked about supernatural in these forums when a thread has come up. I do have a one "happening" that cannot be explained by anything in modern science. And no, i do not have any proof about this so no need to ask for it, even though i would probably ask for it too.

I have witnessed my mother loosing 20kg of weight and fat after she had a dream where she was told that she is getting 30 years back for the good life she has liven. I witnessed her having over sized clothing after what she had when she went to sleep and i saw this in the next morning. This happened in one night, she didn't have any excessive skin or anything like that. There is no scientific explanation, i have no proof to present to you, but i know it as i have witnessed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    I have talked about supernatural in these forums when a thread has come up. I do have a one "happening" that cannot be explained by anything in modern science. And no, i do not have any proof about this so no need to ask for it, even though i would probably ask for it too.

I have witnessed my mother loosing 20kg of weight and fat after she had a dream where she was told that she is getting 30 years back for the good life she has liven. I witnessed her having over sized clothing after what she had when she went to sleep and i saw this in the next morning. This happened in one night, she didn't have any excessive skin or anything like that. There is no scientific explanation, i have no proof to present to you, but i know it as i have witnessed it.
    If all else fails then modern science can explain it with "You are going crazy"

Yeah... I saw this before and I still don't buy it. Even a ghoststory is more believeable than this (and that isn't saying much).

If all else fails then modern science can explain it with "You are going crazy"
    We don't have to resort to science yet. A far more likely explanation is good old fashioned lying. Some people aren't aware how easily most people lie and the reasons can be the most trivial you can imagine.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-09-08 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Yeah... I saw this before and I still don't buy it. Even a ghoststory is more believeable than this (and that isn't saying much).
    Isn't it fun being in the internet? If you would meet me and my parents you would know that we have no reason to lie, or we are not crazy. This is a thing that happened, i have witnessed it, there is no explanation. I know that you don't believe it, but it doesn't matter.

If you would meet me and my parents you would know that we have no reason to lie
    No I would not know that. I wouldn't even trust my sweet old grandma if she told me she is incapable of lying.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-09-08 at 10:47 PM.

No I would not know that.
    Ok, bending the iron string, you would know when you spend some time with them..

Ok, bending the iron string, you would know when you spend some time with them..
    Being a nice person doesn't make one immune from lying. But that's besides the main point anyway which is that I cannot read minds.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-09-08 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Believing is one thing, claiming those things exist is another thing. People are free to believe in ghosts, the moment they claim it as they in fact are sure to be out there is the moment I have issues with it. :P Well only if they try to convice me really, if they leave me alone they can do or think wathever they like.
    Nobody should be made to believe something. If that's the case they don't actually believe it. They might say the believe in it so the others will stop bugging them. It's wrong.

Being a nice person doesn't make one immune from lying.
    So? I have still witnessed it my self. My mother is just one person in this matter. If you wouldn't believe her you would have me and my bother to saw this. And still i do not ask you to believe it, but have witnessed it, it is not possible in any modern way to make it concrete. I'm very sorry that i'm not able show what i have seen, but i can's help it in this matter.

I don't buy into "spiritual" or "otherworldly" things being physically real.

At best, you could say it's someone's mind perceiving something incorrectly, and then them convincing themselves that what they thought they saw is the reality.

Our mind is pretty good at "tricking us" it seems into believing in things that didn't really exist. Often people who see these apparitions and stuff are out of the corner of an eye, or in the dimness/dark somewhere for a fraction of a second.

Unrelated, but my boss used to tell everyone that her bird could talk. She was convinced he was saying "hello" and laughing - to me it just sounded like a squawk and fast chirping. I see apparitions and things of that nature in kind of the same light. Just someone convincing themselves that their perception of reality is the truth.

Edit: Could also be very vivid dreams. I had this one as a child (must have been around 4-5) where I was in bed like any normal night, when a terrifying vaguely man-shaped creature with a twisted, featherless bird head and giant scissor blades where his hands should be, all in black - completely featureless - slithered from under my bed and stood in the corner snapping his hands like a crab. He just stood there for what felt like hours and I remember being too scared to move out of the bed. That dream felt so real that I was almost certain it had actually happened for about a year afterwards. I can still remember it now 17 years later.
    Last edited by Valarius; 2013-09-08 at 11:13 PM.
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Edit: Could also be very vivid dreams. I had this one as a child (must have been around 4-5) where I was in bed like any normal night, when a terrifying vaguely man-shaped creature with a twisted, featherless bird head and giant scissor blades where his hands should be, all in black - completely featureless - slithered from under my bed and stood in the corner snapping his hands like a crab. He just stood there for what felt like hours and I remember being too scared to move out of the bed. That dream felt so real that I was almost certain it had actually happened for about a year afterwards. I can still remember it now 17 years later.
    Two words: sleep paralysis.

The 1st 5 seasons were awesome, season 6 and 7 were kinda blunders, redeemed themselves with season 8, cant wait to see what they do with season 9 onward....

oh wait you mean the REAL supernatural, stuff we dont get.....no opinion

No such thing.

Ghosts and monsters are nothing more than a collection of hallucinations, natural phenomena that the viewer was unable to comprehend, wild embellishments, hysteria, hoaxes and optical illusions

There are so many ways our eyes and minds are tricked and not one single solitary piece of hard evidence to say these things exist.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

I'm neither religious nor superstitious but I am willing to entertain the thought that there are many things out there which we can't, with the current knowledge of science and technology, explain. I'd rather believe in people than some magical beings out there that no one has really seen though (and, on the flip side of the coin, I'd also rather believe that humans are the real monsters when it comes to it, rather than vampires, werevoles and such). In the end, I try to be as open minded about things as I can but I won't really believe in ghosts or such things unless someone gives me direct evidence that they exist (which is kind of ironic to say, because if I do see the evidence, I won't need to believe, as such).
    When in a hole, keep digging!

Stood in the Fire The Real Greenbean's Avatar
    The spooky thing is that iirc the atoms that make us who we are, have a chance of quantum entanglement (?). Where does our atoms go once we fade away? I have a hard time believing it just disappears into thin air. I think that our emotions and such stores information in said particles when the neurons fire across the brain. It's just a theory. I'm not a scientist but something about this information must remain in place. (ghosts, mirrors of the past).

Herald of the Titans
    I believe in god, I also believe demons exist.