Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I have talked about supernatural in these forums when a thread has come up. I do have a one "happening" that cannot be explained by anything in modern science. And no, i do not have any proof about this so no need to ask for it, even though i would probably ask for it too.

I have witnessed my mother loosing 20kg of weight and fat after she had a dream where she was told that she is getting 30 years back for the good life she has liven. I witnessed her having over sized clothing after what she had when she went to sleep and i saw this in the next morning. This happened in one night, she didn't have any excessive skin or anything like that. There is no scientific explanation, i have no proof to present to you, but i know it as i have witnessed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    I have talked about supernatural in these forums when a thread has come up. I do have a one "happening" that cannot be explained by anything in modern science. And no, i do not have any proof about this so no need to ask for it, even though i would probably ask for it too.

I have witnessed my mother loosing 20kg of weight and fat after she had a dream where she was told that she is getting 30 years back for the good life she has liven. I witnessed her having over sized clothing after what she had when she went to sleep and i saw this in the next morning. This happened in one night, she didn't have any excessive skin or anything like that. There is no scientific explanation, i have no proof to present to you, but i know it as i have witnessed it.
    If all else fails then modern science can explain it with "You are going crazy"

Yeah... I saw this before and I still don't buy it. Even a ghoststory is more believeable than this (and that isn't saying much).

If all else fails then modern science can explain it with "You are going crazy"
    We don't have to resort to science yet. A far more likely explanation is good old fashioned lying. Some people aren't aware how easily most people lie and the reasons can be the most trivial you can imagine.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-09-08 at 10:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Yeah... I saw this before and I still don't buy it. Even a ghoststory is more believeable than this (and that isn't saying much).
    Isn't it fun being in the internet? If you would meet me and my parents you would know that we have no reason to lie, or we are not crazy. This is a thing that happened, i have witnessed it, there is no explanation. I know that you don't believe it, but it doesn't matter.

If you would meet me and my parents you would know that we have no reason to lie
    No I would not know that. I wouldn't even trust my sweet old grandma if she told me she is incapable of lying.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-09-08 at 10:47 PM.

Deleted
    No I would not know that.
    Ok, bending the iron string, you would know when you spend some time with them..

Ok, bending the iron string, you would know when you spend some time with them..
    Being a nice person doesn't make one immune from lying. But that's besides the main point anyway which is that I cannot read minds.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-09-08 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Believing is one thing, claiming those things exist is another thing. People are free to believe in ghosts, the moment they claim it as they in fact are sure to be out there is the moment I have issues with it. :P Well only if they try to convice me really, if they leave me alone they can do or think wathever they like.
    Nobody should be made to believe something. If that's the case they don't actually believe it. They might say the believe in it so the others will stop bugging them. It's wrong.

Deleted
    Being a nice person doesn't make one immune from lying.
    So? I have still witnessed it my self. My mother is just one person in this matter. If you wouldn't believe her you would have me and my bother to saw this. And still i do not ask you to believe it, but have witnessed it, it is not possible in any modern way to make it concrete. I'm very sorry that i'm not able show what i have seen, but i can's help it in this matter.

Deleted
    I don't buy into "spiritual" or "otherworldly" things being physically real.

At best, you could say it's someone's mind perceiving something incorrectly, and then them convincing themselves that what they thought they saw is the reality.

Our mind is pretty good at "tricking us" it seems into believing in things that didn't really exist. Often people who see these apparitions and stuff are out of the corner of an eye, or in the dimness/dark somewhere for a fraction of a second.

Unrelated, but my boss used to tell everyone that her bird could talk. She was convinced he was saying "hello" and laughing - to me it just sounded like a squawk and fast chirping. I see apparitions and things of that nature in kind of the same light. Just someone convincing themselves that their perception of reality is the truth.

Edit: Could also be very vivid dreams. I had this one as a child (must have been around 4-5) where I was in bed like any normal night, when a terrifying vaguely man-shaped creature with a twisted, featherless bird head and giant scissor blades where his hands should be, all in black - completely featureless - slithered from under my bed and stood in the corner snapping his hands like a crab. He just stood there for what felt like hours and I remember being too scared to move out of the bed. That dream felt so real that I was almost certain it had actually happened for about a year afterwards. I can still remember it now 17 years later.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-09-08 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Edit: Could also be very vivid dreams. I had this one as a child (must have been around 4-5) where I was in bed like any normal night, when a terrifying vaguely man-shaped creature with a twisted, featherless bird head and giant scissor blades where his hands should be, all in black - completely featureless - slithered from under my bed and stood in the corner snapping his hands like a crab. He just stood there for what felt like hours and I remember being too scared to move out of the bed. That dream felt so real that I was almost certain it had actually happened for about a year afterwards. I can still remember it now 17 years later.
    Two words: sleep paralysis.

The 1st 5 seasons were awesome, season 6 and 7 were kinda blunders, redeemed themselves with season 8, cant wait to see what they do with season 9 onward....

oh wait you mean the REAL supernatural, stuff we dont get.....no opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    No such thing.

Ghosts and monsters are nothing more than a collection of hallucinations, natural phenomena that the viewer was unable to comprehend, wild embellishments, hysteria, hoaxes and optical illusions

There are so many ways our eyes and minds are tricked and not one single solitary piece of hard evidence to say these things exist.
    Putin khuliyo

I'm neither religious nor superstitious but I am willing to entertain the thought that there are many things out there which we can't, with the current knowledge of science and technology, explain. I'd rather believe in people than some magical beings out there that no one has really seen though (and, on the flip side of the coin, I'd also rather believe that humans are the real monsters when it comes to it, rather than vampires, werevoles and such). In the end, I try to be as open minded about things as I can but I won't really believe in ghosts or such things unless someone gives me direct evidence that they exist (which is kind of ironic to say, because if I do see the evidence, I won't need to believe, as such).

Deleted
    The spooky thing is that iirc the atoms that make us who we are, have a chance of quantum entanglement (?). Where does our atoms go once we fade away? I have a hard time believing it just disappears into thin air. I think that our emotions and such stores information in said particles when the neurons fire across the brain. It's just a theory. I'm not a scientist but something about this information must remain in place. (ghosts, mirrors of the past).

I believe in god, I also believe demons exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Greenbean View Post
    The spooky thing is that iirc the atoms that make us who we are, have a chance of quantum entanglement (?). Where does our atoms go once we fade away? I have a hard time believing it just disappears into thin air. I think that our emotions and such stores information in said particles when the neurons fire across the brain. It's just a theory. I'm not a scientist but something about this information must remain in place. (ghosts, mirrors of the past).
    Our atoms don't go anywhere. When we die our bodies are devoured by bacteria and other creatures and those creatures, as they digest us, absorb our molecules the same way we absorb an apple after eating it. It's basic biology. Just like the sugars and proteins in an apple are broken down and reconfigured, the same happens to us.

The atoms don't go away, they just end up in a different configuration.
    Putin khuliyo

It should be held up to the same standards as anything else I'm expected to believe. "A friend of a friend heard a whisper in his ear while alone in the dark" is not evidence.

So long as the scientific method keeps coming up dry, I'll feel safe in denying things we label supernatural. My only experience was once when I was in bed, couldn't move, and looked up to see a large, black dog pinning me down. After a few seconds I blinked, it was gone, and I could move again. That's actually a very specific kind of dream where your eyes are open, your body is numb, and you're still dreaming.

If I had jumped to conclusions, I would have labeled that as a supernatural experience and ignored all evidence to the contrary. Instead I laugh it off, like the monster that was under my bed for 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supernatural things are just stories, our minds playing tricks on us, and things we have yet to fully understand. Nothing more, nothing less.

- - - Updated - - -

I highly doubt that you would walk away from me as i am quite a intriguing person. I do not start a religious conversation with anyone in real life until that subject comes up somehow. It comes up quite often because people have so many "wrong" ideas about us. Tbh it's quite annoying. Most religious people have nothing against the modern scientific view of the universe. Why would we? If god created the world, there is no reason that god couldn't create it with the big bang. There is no controversy between the christian religion and science.
    I respect your right to believe as you wish, but that last sentence is patently false. You can believe in both, many people do, but that doesn't mean that there's no conflict between them. It's simply a matter of differing interpretation between individuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have pretty much the exact same view of religion. Also, I don't claim to ever know whether something exists or doesn't if I don't actually know and I hate people who insist on things they couldn't possibly know for sure about. Anyways, I'm not sure I believe in paranormal stuff like ghosts and hauntings, etc. But I definitely believe that there's life out there somewhere other than us.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy