Thread: I, Forum Troll

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I, Forum Troll

I stand guilty of trolling. I'm not allowed to discuss specific infractions, but that is not my purpose. This is a confession.

The truth is, I have been guilty of "pushing the (trolling) envelope" for a very long time. I have constantly tweaked my titles and twerked my body text for the MAXIMUM I CAN GET AWAY WITH. I often try to incite others into responding by coming as close as humanly possible to the boundaries of the rules without breaking them here at MMOC. And frankly, I'm quite good at it. But all the more reason I should be ashamed.

I am ashamed because I have given in to the same social depredations that the mass media is guilty of, driving wedges into discussions when I should be facilitating them. Just know that if you were affected by my actions, it was never personal... I crossed a terrible threshold to elicit responses, and subsequently became the thing I always hated. I would like to apologize to the community. I am sorry...

...BUT more importantly, shouldn't WE ALL be a little sorry? Who here hasn't been guilty at one time or another?
    Would anyone else want to take this time to make a confession?
    Last edited by Callace; 2013-09-08 at 08:30 PM. Reason: clarity

Deleted
    I... I ate the last Rolo...

I didn't pre pot on the latest lei shen try....

Deleted
    I'm drinking champagne at the moment, and frankly, i'm quite good at it and i have several bottles left.

Deleted
    I masturbate because Jesus is watching me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have constantly tweaked my titles and twerked my body text for the MAXIMUM I CAN GET AWAY WITH. I often try to incite others into responding by coming as close as humanly possible to the boundaries of the rules without breaking them here at MMOC.
    I thought that was what it was all about.

Deleted
    Making random threads on the offtopic forums is not trolling. It's idiotic at it's best. Most people who call themselves trolls suck at being trolls.

And looking into your post/thread history there is close to nothing indicating trolling...though it does show you have a really boring life (4 pages of created threads...).

All I ever see on the internet these days is the miss usage of the word troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    I'm drinking champagne at the moment, and frankly, i'm quite good at it and i have several bottles left.
    Care to take a mulligan? It's awfully dry over here.

Deleted
    Yes amazing confession, OP.
    Next

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I feel the same way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Care to take a mulligan? It's awfully dry over here.
    I don't know what that means, i tried to google mulligan, but it didn't mean anything in this content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Trolling is a dead art.
    Agreed. Mods here think everything is a troll the when people like Jayburner come around (obvious troll) they do nothing. I had infractions and bans for joke people in the post thought were funny but some butthurt mod didnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    I don't know what that means, i tried to google mulligan, but it didn't mean anything in this content.
    I meant to say, care to sit out for a round. Wrong golf metaphor.

10+ Year Old Account
    This one time in high school I broke into a girl's locker and stole her gym clothes (t shirt/spandex shorts) then took them home.

Smelled them, wore them, and then jerked off while wearing them. In that order.

I did this for about a week then I stopped smelling them because it was less girl and more man sweat.

You're honestly not as good as you think you are, all I see is a bunch of bad one liners, and arguing for the sake of arguing is so blantanly obvious, too much free time.

Deleted
    I didn't use potions for most of heroic progression... *shudder*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    You're honestly not as good as you think you are
    edit: What I meant to say was that I was good at following the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    all I see is a bunch of bad one liners, and arguing for the sake of arguing is so blantanly obvious, too much free time.
    Well, I mean, those are your metrics then. I never said my one-liners weren't bad, and the arguing aspect should just be a given.
    Last edited by Callace; 2013-09-08 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Its just another word for annoying asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Digital selection has favored an internet browser who is on high alert for all forms of trolling or other disingenuous posting to the point that even nontrolls who merely hold unusual views and people attempting to use sarcasm have to be worried about becoming collateral damage.
    What about high alert for run-on sentences?