Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by So bored View Post
    I think it's more likely that the rebels used them on their own people so they get the US to involve and support their cause.
    It's a possibility.

Another possibility would be that the regime actually thinks it can get away with it since Russia and China are blocking the UN mandate, which prevents the US from an intervention.

If the US goes to war regardless of the UN mandate it means they are breaking international law, and if even the US ignores these laws then what stops other countries from doing the same thing? It would have a pretty bad impact on world politics in general. It's a very slippery slope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    If the US goes to war regardless of the UN mandate it means they are breaking international law.
    Does it? The US is a signatory to the Chemical Weapons Convention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.