Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its like Vegemite in Australia the locals love it but the rest of the world is like WTF ewwww :P
    This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    I would recommend redcurrant (rips) jelly if you're ever going to taste it again.
    Blackcurrant man, at least for me!
    It works perfectly with pretty much anything that is eatable out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I looked it up, still never heard of it. Must be a Swedish thing...
    Well it's a wild berry Catta. Denmark barely got any nature ;P
    Just kidding!

Seriously though I don't think it's actually grown anywhere, it's just growing wild hence why it's a seasonable berry. You can put them in the freezer though to stack up during winter/off season.

Nature, it scares you danes. lol
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-09-08 at 11:15 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Like this... and now I need to get something to eat! ;P
    Damn it, now I want waffles! :c

Never been a fan of cloudberries/hjortron, prefer raspberries/hallon. (English really does have some odd names for berries...)

Cloudberries are great! Aside from the previous mentions of using it for waffles and stuff, you can also make a great sauce out of them.

Our family regularly eats smoked salmon with cloudberry sauce every spring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloudberries? Is this from Care Bears? What shop in Care-a-Lot do I find this.

Deleted
    Clouderry or in finnish: lakka, hilla, suomuurain, is a sour sweet berry. Here in Finland it grows wild on open bog (need sour ground to grow), nasty to gather when you can sink in to the ground + blood sucking bugs. Also need to be gathered by hand as the berry is soft when ripe, with just 1 berry per plant. Thus it's the most expensive wild berry around here. Pretty good with plain icecream and in birthday cakes and desserts.
    Last edited by mmoc198caea9b6; 2013-09-08 at 11:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not the sweetest of berries. Think I ate them about 20 times.
    Nothing can really beat hallon, jordgubbar, björnbär (look that up!).
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    In Norway people have been threatened at gunpoint for picking cloudberries on someone elses land. And if you know of a good patch for cloudberries, you better keep it a well kept secret, because people go nuts over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I am the only one who read you Scandinavians in a racist southern voice

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Nope...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Hahah what southern voice, american?

OT:
    I picked around 6kg of these this summer when i made hunting posts \o/ I know the perfect places, where the snow stay the longest/shadow areas, they come later than normal and it’s places where people don’t walk, as it’s hard/dangerous to walk (mountains).
    Anyway there are already «tips» in what you can use it with, but homemade Liqueur from cloud berries is awesome.. And cloud-berry jam mixed with cream to have with cookies etc. It's a family christmas tradition that my fam have done for a very long time^^

->
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Been in Norway a year.. Cloudberries are the best thing ever.. Also Brunost and Komle.

Deleted
    Cloudberries = Multebær = Hjortron!?

Well.. Never heard of multebær (Cloudberries in Danish according to Google Translate), but Hjortron is lovely.

The jars should have disclaimers about the number of pickers that were harmed or exploited during the harvest season though.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm, moroshka
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Man I wouldn't trust Scandinavians in anything.

It's considered a delicacy, but I'm not much for it myself. Can eat it but there are far tastier berries that also are not as commonly used (Rips, tyttebær) IMO :P

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Man I wouldn't trust Scandinavians in anything.
    Not all Scandinavians eat canned rotted fish. Also i hope you did not bring that on a plane, those cans can supposedly (or not) explode and crash the plane

Edit: also sane people marinate their herring, cut it in bits, put it on bread [usually rye bread] possibly with curry salad [is that the name in english?] and stuff... serve with a nice glass of schnaps.
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2013-09-09 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perryn View Post
    It's considered a delicacy, but I'm not much for it myself. Can eat it but there are far tastier berries that also are not as commonly used (Rips, tyttebær) IMO :P
    Cloud berrys are not really "good" if you just pick them and eat them, you should make something with it, and its a whole diffrent story.

Oww tyttebær "jam" with meatbals/ deer steak etc.. I want. I Couldn't pick them this summer due to them not being "ready" :/ "Rips" though, makeing liqueur from those aswell \o/
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Not all Scandinavians eat canned rotted fish. Also i hope you did not bring that on a plane, those cans can supposedly (or not) explode and crash the plane

Edit: also sane people marinate their herring, cut it in bits, put it on bread [usually rye bread] and stuff... serve with a nice glass of schnaps.
    It's just a joke. No, I didn't bring it on a plane.