Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For me 3 raids come to mind and each for specific reasons.

Trial - Only because i had to clear it 4 times / week. It was so much pain for me, that it just doesnt bring best memories, even tho the raid and bosses were not that bad of a design on their own.

Naxx v.2 - Some might find it to be some elitist bitching, but all i can say, as someone who cleared naxx 40 in vanilla, they butchered the old naxx in so many ways its sad. They should have left the naxx 40 where it was and just do something new similar to old naxx, but not butcher old naxx and call it a new raid.

DS - Here the thing i hate is the final 2 fights. The idea that the theme of the xpac (Killing DW) was made in such a bad way that i as player almost felt like i was killing some random mob and not the xpack bad boy is just horrible for me. Thanks to the bad design of spine and madness i never got that feeling "Weeehoo, the big bad boy is down" that other xpack end raids had.

If i had to list them in order would be, naxx v2 - DS, would even leave out trial since it wasnt that bad, only the 4 clear/week part was bad.

When cata came out all raids sucked. It became a job to look at numbers meters counters and cooldowns 24/7 instead of enjoying the content. So it felt like a waste of money

Id have to Agree with ToGC because they whole idea behind it makes no fucking sense. "Lets Prepare our champions to fight the Lich King by letting them kill each other off" It would of been better, if the 'Pvp' Battle was more like you knocked them out, instead of Murdering them

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    A question from a non-raider (Who is unsubbed in any case.): Why exactly is it a problem that DS reused environments? For me going back to old locations would have been pretty epic, as it would give a sense of continuity to the world. Not saying DS didn't have problems but why is that one of them? Is it just people complaining any time Blizzard takes a route other than that takes maximum effort?
    Personally reusing environments was never a gripe I had with DS, my main problem with it is Deathwing is a bitch, literally no one gave one fuck about it. He was not menacing or scary, he didn't make you want to defeat him like the LK did. He's just all, herpderp I'm a crayfish dragon that destroys shit come raid me.

Let's look at the very last fight where you face deathwing, it's embarrassing considering what Blizz has put out before it. Getting help and stupidly OP buffs from the aspects to make lolDPS go crazy felt cheap.

Also this was when LFR was put out iirc so it was even more cheap and people gave even less of a shit. Cool this destroyer of worlds can be afk'd for loots. Bravo, Cata was a massive fail.

I've accepted LFRetards and other things Blizz has added but Cata was just not the time. It was already having issues. I DID like Firelands and BWD and ToTFW, but DS was just shit. I'm pretty sure a lot of people couldn't wait for that expansion to be over, and believe me when I say I hate the childish panda theme we have now but current WoW is 10x better.

Let's just forget Cata existed, an MoP too once we get a real WoW themed xpac.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2013-09-09 at 01:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta
    Oh my god, a company tries to put some lore flavor into the game mechanics, all is lost, whatever shall we do without a whole 1% of crit or haste.

Quick, call Ukraine and Russia, let them know to put their conflict on standby because Touch of Elune is BULLSHIT!

Dragon Soul. Horrible in LFR, and just as horrible on normal. Never did heroic however, but a higher difficulty doesn't make a raid more interesting and exciting. At least not enough to save it from being a total and complete trainwreck.

TotGC was pretty bad too, but still way better. Didn't enjoy Heart of Fear that much either, thought it was pretty bland.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

It's a toss-up between Firelands and Dragon Soul.

ToGC had a lot of charm, including some very amusing NPC patter that players wouldn't see or hear again until Stormstout Brewery. Although criticized for truncating Ulduar's shelf life, it was a worthy attempt to bridge the gap between content patches.
    Last edited by Celarent; 2013-09-09 at 01:17 PM.

Story wise: ToC, didn't like the concept of it.. Lets hold an event on our nemesis his doorstep guys!
    Encounter: DS hands down, 90% re-used models, Not having that epic feeling that an end raid should have etc..

Ruby Sanctum
    One boss, useless as a stopgap, slowed down Cataclysm development presumably
    Extremely forgettable, like if it wasn't mentioned on the first page I wouldn't have remembered that it existed at all

Can't think we ran it more than ten times

Eye of Eternity. Gimmicky little raid with one of the most anticlimactic endings (push buttons in sequence, collect loot), and particularly sad because it was one of only two original bosses in that initial raid tier. Then wasting a lore character like that, for reasons that were by and large unexplained. The whole Nexus war was kind of ridiculous, given everything else that was going on. I just do not have fond memories of that raid, Obsidian Sanctum did that type of raid SOOOO much better.

Dragon Soul, by far.
    At least ToC had a new environnement (Anub' room).
    Abyssal Maw when Blizzard cancelled it.
    Over the Mists, WoW like you've never seen it before !

I got one for each expansion basically:
    Vanilla:
    AQ40 was horrible due to the longest corpse run ever from CTHUN and all that stupid thrash
    TBC: everything was fine, maybe magtheridon and his no.. not again! and all the "sorry misclick! -->wipe"
    WOTLK: TOC was horrible and ruby sanctum thrash was stupid ...
    CATA: noone remembers Thone of 4 winds? jump, puddle, jump again more puddles .. And Alakir was so overtuned for 25 men hc it was kind of "i will do this once for achivement and never come back" including the most ridiculous loot system ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Personally reusing environments was never a gripe I had with DS, my main problem with it is Deathwing is a bitch, literally no one gave one fuck about it. He was not menacing or scary, he didn't make you want to defeat him like the LK did. He's just all, herpderp I'm a crayfish dragon that destroys shit come raid me.

Let's look at the very last fight where you face deathwing, it's embarrassing considering what Blizz has put out before it. Getting help and stupidly OP buffs from the aspects to make lolDPS go crazy felt cheap.

Also this was when LFR was put out iirc so it was even more cheap and people gave even less of a shit. Cool this destroyer of worlds can be afk'd for loots. Bravo, Cata was a massive fail.

I've accepted LFRetards and other things Blizz has added but Cata was just not the time. It was already having issues. I DID like Firelands and BWD and ToTFW, but DS was just shit. I'm pretty sure a lot of people couldn't wait for that expansion to be over, and believe me when I say I hate the childish panda theme we have now but current WoW is 10x better.

Let's just forget Cata existed, an MoP too once we get a real WoW themed xpac.
    Just wanted to thank you for this. Great post, I completely agree.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Eh, I killed heroic Spine the day before the first stacking nerf went live and would have killed Madness pre-nerf if we had a couple more days. It was just not epic for a final boss IMO. It never felt like we were fighting a dragon just a bunch of trash.
    This. Dragon Soul wasn't epic, it wasn't LFR that made it feel not-epic. (Although I'm sure that did help contribute to it) A lot of the encounters (Not just the two Deathwing ones; Although they definitely were large contributors for it) just weren't all that interesting. Morchok Heroic was literally Normal mode except split up. The globule boss added a third ability to the fight. Hell, the only difference on Hagara was that her furious strikes didn't get interrupted if you moved away from her.

The normal modes were piss easy, the Heroic modes added little to the imagination, and one boss was literally known as 'The Button Boss' because all you needed to do was hit a button at the right time to win. ToGC may have sucked, but at least it tried to have some interesting mechanics available. Even ToC had some awesome mechanics, it was just underwhelming because it was a band-aid raid to fill until ICC came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    Eye of Eternity. Gimmicky little raid with one of the most anticlimactic endings (push buttons in sequence, collect loot), and particularly sad because it was one of only two original bosses in that initial raid tier. Then wasting a lore character like that, for reasons that were by and large unexplained. The whole Nexus war was kind of ridiculous, given everything else that was going on. I just do not have fond memories of that raid, Obsidian Sanctum did that type of raid SOOOO much better.
    Isnt that playing your class though?

If you quested in the area and finished out that quest line from the Nexus to the Oculus, then Eye of Eternity, plus the nexus world area you would know why he had to die. Forgot to mention the key quest that drops from sapphiron

Internet Monster Slayers, Blade's Edge-US is recruiting / Rothulivic, providing protection since 2007

Dragonsoul, even ToC is awesome compared to that pile of shit.

interview tom chilton, back in cata

Players will be battling Deathwing after the patch arrives. What can you tell us about this encounter?
    "There is very little I can talk about as far as the fight with Deathwing goes, except that it's a most certainly going to be the most epic encounter we've ever made in terms of the sheer number of phases, and how much goes into each of those phases. The one example I call out is that in one of those phases you're actually flying over the maelstrom, fighting on his back to try and bring him down to the ground so you can fight him there."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/i...#ixzz2eOyumap2
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

did he really believe in it or was it just a sale pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by ADman319 View Post
    ulduar. to big and flashy and no substance

Damn, Ulduar was definitely the best raid Blizzard has ever released. It still remains to be epic. I clear it every week just because of nostalgia..

Dragon Soul only felt stupid because LFR was AFK-Clearable.. Heroic progression was intense.

But yeah, to end an epic expansion, Blizz could have put a bit more work into DS.

Naxx rehash- too easy,it was somewhat cool with lvl 200 blues and T6 epics,but when you got ilvl 213-219 it was easymode and boring as hell.
    Onyxia rehash- too dumb and unnecessary.
    I have quit raiding couple months after ICC release(which i would put on nr.3 of worst WoW raids,just because it was a huge letdown in comparison to BT),so cant give my opinion on Cata/MoP raids.
    Last edited by Kaynot; 2013-09-09 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkelementz View Post
    People hate on DS because of the LFR versions being so easy it didnt feel epic. I assure you heroic at the time felt pretty epic.
    I did heroic DS and must say, no it was at no time even nearly epic. It was just way to easy in terms of mechanics, only dps-checks like spine were kinda "hard". Except DW no other had any lore outside of DS, there was just no connection to these bosses plus rehashed zones plus just 8 bosses and this for the final raid tier.

ToC was okay, I know many don't like the idea of absent trash, but tbh I love it, trash just costs time and does nothing. I'm interested in nice boss encounters with cool mechanics, not in fighting gainst an army of trash mobs. The idea behind ToC was also okay, a trial to test us, if we are strong enough to fight on Tirion's side gainst Arthas.
    There are just two things, I did not like about ToC: 4 IDs (10/10hc/25/25hc) and it was way to short.

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/wowschockadin | Youtube: http://www.youtube.de/wowschockadin

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    What was wrong with it? Do you not like bugs!
    I dont like the boss fights, I do not like the ammount of trash, the scenery is bad aswell. There is not one positive thing about the raid.