Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Karazhan.

Why?

Just to piss people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Seems like a lot of people are disappointed with ToT. I wouldn't know since I haven't played for at least half a year, but I think it's funny how Blizzard kept comparing it to Ulduar during development when it in the end, for some reason, clearly didn't live up to the hype. What do you others think about ToT?
    ToT really just didn't have a chance to stack up to Ulduar. Blizzard may have thought so because of the size of the raid, but the raid size of Ulduar isn't what made it so epic.

Walking into Ulduar, you're immediately met with a group that failed an assault, and is now doing everything in their power just to hold back the enemy forces. You waltz in and they tell you "Hey. We're kind of fucked right now. Can you help us siege their gates?"

Immediately, you're made to feel like you have an important part to play in the story. FL may not be the best boss, but just piloting the siege vehicles through thousands of Iron Dwarves alone was enough to make me feel like I'm doing something important. Then, they send you in and you have Razorscale. Again, there's a group of NPCs who just can't handle what is in front of them, and they need your help. Ignis was a bit boring, but XT was given a silly voice that was memorable, and made people laugh. (Playing into the cartoony parts of Warcraft, rather than going all serious; This is one of Warcraft's major advantages over other MMOs. They can be silly on occasion without feeling out of place.)

Then you waltz on into the Antechamber, and there's the Iron Council. They're not the most interesting, but they give you CHOICES, something very rare in WoW fights. And depending on what order you kill them, you actually can make the fight harder, and get better loot. (This is the case with all Ulduar bosses, but it usually involves you NOT doing something you're supposed to do, or doing something you're NOT supposed to do. Not just a kill order.) And immediately afterwards, you have the Algalon sequence if you do them on Hard mode. You're given a task, which at the time had a timer attached to it, telling you to do everything on Hard mode so you can stop the END OF THE WORLD. Fucking. Awesome. Your characters feel more like heroes than ever before, honestly.

Kologarn was an interesting fight because it was the first time they had something of the sort. (That I can recall, anyway.) Instead of just burning the boss, you actually wanted to kill his ARMS because he was just so fucking huge. The Keepers, don't even get me started on the keepers. They were some of the most interesting fights I've ever seen. Thorim's battle arena with part of the group while the rest rushes to engage him in combat; Hodir's ice area that kept you safe from his most deadly attacks; Freya's mushrooms that protected you so you could still cast and deal damage; Mimiron's oh-so-tempting button followed by the multi-mechanic fight that concludes with an insane amount of coordination... Just utter badass. The Crazy Cat Lady wasn't so interesting in comparison, but you get my point.

The faceless guy was interesting because he was one of the few fights that used the anti-healing mechanic. But even he did it in a different way. Instead of anti-healing, he was anti-MANA. All mana users had to have coordination with each other as to not kill one another, and to also have the mana to do anything. It was crazy in a fun, unique way. And then Yogg-saron. You'd been fighting his minions and images and blood all over the damn place in Icecrown, and it all culminated in this fight, which you needed the help of the Keepers to defeat. (Unless you were utter badass at the time.)

And finally, we have Algalon. A celestial fucking being, with no empathy and no fucks given. This section is entirely me gushing, but Algalon's quotes, his fight, everything about him just makes my dick ROCK HARD. I can't see them ever topping a character like Algalon. It just can't be done.

It was just beyond epic all around. Throne of Thunder, on the other hand, felt a bit forced. The Zandalari were only loosely tied into the Mogu and the Thunder King, all these creatures didn't really have any buildup to them, (Unlike the Keepers, who were all long since established in lore, including Thorim having been a quest giver in the Storm Peaks) some of which were FAILURES of the Thunder King. So why are we fighting his FAILURES? Why are they not against him as well? There's so much behind the raid that just doesn't make sense story-wise, it never stood a chance against Ulduar's epic feel.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2013-09-10 at 08:50 PM.

Anything and everything contained in Cataclysm.

And ofc.........sing.......yes sing in agony!!!! Shut up you f*&^%$g c&^t!!!!!

Dragon Soul, by far.

Horribly uninspired piece of crap.

I will have to go with ToC. 4 lockouts a week of that place makes me want to punch myself in the nuts for doing that. DS is 2nd for me. This might be different but my guild cleared heroic ds in the first week of march or last week of February and decided to disband the following week. Once that happened I stopped playing until well after MoP dropped so I didn't have to clear that place for 8 months.

DS probably.

I'm also not the greatest fan of MoP raids, I really dislike the linear design, it makes it so boring. I hate it that you can't pick some bosses to have a few tries and can't plan your own route. It was so much more fun when you could always combine a bit of farm with progress. Now if you're stuck on a boss, you're stuck for the rest of the week on the same boss if raiding normal, or when progressing in heroics you can't go back to earlier boss.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Quick quiz: How do you fit together Flame Leviathan, Razorscale, Kologarn, Auriaya and Y-S? What's the common theme? I for sure can't find one.
    I can find one easily. Y-S has corrupted the Titan guardians such as Kologarn, Auriaya, Thorim etc. And Razorscale is Thorim's old dragon mount Veranus. Ignis however fused plates on her to make her into Razorscale. Flame Leviathan is the frontal defense system for Ulduar.

The theme here is pretty obvious and I think you're lacking if you cannot figure it out. It's about Titans, Old Gods, and Ulduar itself.

But yeah as for the worst raid ever it's obviously Dragon Soul. I will say I think Heart of Fear is terrible too.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Nah, Faction Champs was a pretty unique encounter for WoW. Also, Twin Valks were a lot of fun if you were DPS.
    Maybe that is the issue. I'm a disc priest with off spec shadow. Healing Dragon Soul was just really fun with the occasional shadow on fights that were necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Karazhan.

Why?

Just to piss people off.
    Damn you're a true rebel!

Edit:
    But yeah seriously. I think one big reason that ToT can't stand up to Ulduar is simply based on the people that designed the raids. Ulduar was Tigole's last raid before he went on to Titan. Scott Mercer/Daelo took over and his first raid was TotGC. Tigole was definitely a guy who had good ideas and I wish he'd come back to work on raids again -_-

The Patient
    Dragonsoul... and I haven't really been too fond of Heart of Fear either. I can't put my finger on it, but something about it just rubs me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Seems like a lot of people are disappointed with ToT.
    I don't know where you get this from but, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    I don't know where you get this from but, no.
    Think he's right actually. A lot of people hate ToT.

People loved ToT wtf are you smoking XD

Quote Originally Posted by Dmz390 View Post

And ofc.........sing.......yes sing in agony!!!!
    wich is basiclly what u are doing =p

worst raid? DS i guess, everything was reused content nothing new, and every boss model was nothing new either

My MaL http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Draknalor For The Glory Of Ecchi

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    I can find one easily. Y-S has corrupted the Titan guardians such as Kologarn, Auriaya, Thorim etc. And Razorscale is Thorim's old dragon mount Veranus. Ignis however fused plates on her to make her into Razorscale. Flame Leviathan is the frontal defense system for Ulduar.
    We aren't talking about the story of the instance but some common theme shared between the encounters.

If you just put out some shit like "it's titan guardian" to cover anything and everything from FL to Mimiron I can just as easily say "it's trolls and mogu" about ToT, so try again.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

In a recent thread ranking peoples favorite raids it was top 3 in almost every single persons responses.

It's well known that it's considered to be one of the best raids WoW has ever had. Get your trolling nonsense out of here.

I agree with him ToT is definitely up there with some of the worst.

Mechagnome
    Damn you're a true rebel!

Edit:
    But yeah seriously. I think one big reason that ToT can't stand up to Ulduar is simply based on the people that designed the raids. Ulduar was Tigole's last raid before he went on to Titan. Scott Mercer/Daelo took over and his first raid was TotGC. Tigole was definitely a guy who had good ideas and I wish he'd come back to work on raids again -_-
    QFT.

I would add that losing Tigole and gaining GC was the starting point for the downfall of wow for me.

Remember when Tigole said "we of course want rogues to stay our best melee damage dealers". Just imagine that kind of mechanism today. Pure dd doing better dps than hybrid ? LOL WTF would say GC.
    Tigole clearly was the best wow asset. He represents the greatness of TBC and Classic

I don't get all the DS hate. The place had some really nice bossfights. Do people just associate it with LFR and all the horror that came with it (shared LFR loot, piss easy boss fights, etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by Guinzil View Post
    I don't get all the DS hate. The place had some really nice bossfights. Do people just associate it with LFR and all the horror that came with it (shared LFR loot, piss easy boss fights, etc.)?
    It was pretty easy even on heroic, even pugs were downing heroic content. Also, a lot of it has to do with Madness encounter design.