Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmz390 View Post

And ofc.........sing.......yes sing in agony!!!!
    wich is basiclly what u are doing =p

worst raid? DS i guess, everything was reused content nothing new, and every boss model was nothing new either

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    I can find one easily. Y-S has corrupted the Titan guardians such as Kologarn, Auriaya, Thorim etc. And Razorscale is Thorim's old dragon mount Veranus. Ignis however fused plates on her to make her into Razorscale. Flame Leviathan is the frontal defense system for Ulduar.
    We aren't talking about the story of the instance but some common theme shared between the encounters.

If you just put out some shit like "it's titan guardian" to cover anything and everything from FL to Mimiron I can just as easily say "it's trolls and mogu" about ToT, so try again.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Think he's right actually. A lot of people hate ToT.
    In a recent thread ranking peoples favorite raids it was top 3 in almost every single persons responses.

It's well known that it's considered to be one of the best raids WoW has ever had. Get your trolling nonsense out of here.

Think he's right actually. A lot of people hate ToT.
    I agree with him ToT is definitely up there with some of the worst.

Deleted
    Damn you're a true rebel!

Edit:
    But yeah seriously. I think one big reason that ToT can't stand up to Ulduar is simply based on the people that designed the raids. Ulduar was Tigole's last raid before he went on to Titan. Scott Mercer/Daelo took over and his first raid was TotGC. Tigole was definitely a guy who had good ideas and I wish he'd come back to work on raids again -_-
    QFT.

I would add that losing Tigole and gaining GC was the starting point for the downfall of wow for me.

Remember when Tigole said "we of course want rogues to stay our best melee damage dealers". Just imagine that kind of mechanism today. Pure dd doing better dps than hybrid ? LOL WTF would say GC.
    Tigole clearly was the best wow asset. He represents the greatness of TBC and Classic

Deleted
    I don't get all the DS hate. The place had some really nice bossfights. Do people just associate it with LFR and all the horror that came with it (shared LFR loot, piss easy boss fights, etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by Guinzil View Post
    I don't get all the DS hate. The place had some really nice bossfights. Do people just associate it with LFR and all the horror that came with it (shared LFR loot, piss easy boss fights, etc.)?
    It was pretty easy even on heroic, even pugs were downing heroic content. Also, a lot of it has to do with Madness encounter design.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It was pretty easy even on heroic, even pugs were downing heroic content. Also, a lot of it has to do with Madness encounter design.
    For me the difficulty or lack thereof had nothing to do with it. I mentioned the repetitive, boring nature of the fights in an earlier post, but I have to add that the scenery was a huge let down. First you start at Wyrmrest temple, except it's not even as nice as the one you encountered during your questing; it's mostly rubble now. Then you progress into... those same ugly pits that you quested through in Twilight Highlands. After that you get to go back to the Eye of Eternity where you had defeated Malygos back in WotLK. Then you come back out for a fight atop Wyrmrest Temple without the overhead dome that had been there while you were questing. Then you're off to the loot ship from ICC and from there it's onto Deathwing's back, except you probably realize it if you skipped the cutscene (and most people skipped it). Finally you get to fight Deathwing one limb at a time. That was the most underwhelming climax in the history of WoW.

First boss of raid is almost always easy on heroic. After Morchok there was no freebies to pug.

Lurker/Void Reaver = freebies
    2/5 hyjal + 3/9 black temple = freebies
    2/5 toc = freebies
    1/2 To4W freebie
    2/8 firelands = freebies
    Jin'Rokh = freebie

And yes, Madness was the most boring end of expansion boss so far.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    First boss of raid is almost always easy on heroic. After Morchok there was no freebies to pug.

Lurker/Void Reaver = freebies
    2/5 hyjal + 3/9 black temple = freebies
    2/5 toc = freebies
    1/2 To4W freebie
    2/8 firelands = freebies
    Jin'Rokh = freebie

And yes, Madness was the most boring end of expansion boss so far.
    Obviously depends on the server, but my alliance alt pugged 5/8 HM a couple of times and 7/8 HM once. Ultraxion was pretty much a cakewalk with a hpally.

Obviously depends on the server, but my alliance alt pugged 5/8 HM a couple of times and 7/8 HM once. Ultraxion was pretty much a cakewalk with a hpally.
    A collection of (alts of) bored heroic raiders is not a pug, taking first 10/25 volunteers from /trade channel to fill right healer/tank/dps balance is.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    A collection of (alts of) bored heroic raiders is not a pug, taking first 10/25 volunteers from /trade channel to fill right healer/tank/dps balance is.
    Haha.

Okay, point taken.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fleugen, you deserve a medal for that post, got me back into the Ulduar vibe again!

My worst raid experience: Dragon Soul, the fights were really nice on Heroic Mode, but the lack of using the environment was not nice.
    Felt like a vanilla raid, just tunneling from boss to boss, and there was nothing to check out really.

Deleted
    I've disliked all MoP raids so far. Although ToT has some "dark castle" -feeling in it, it's not enough.

Deleted
    First boss of To4W free in hc ? LOL. Nobody ever killed a t11 boss in pugs. Even during ds, hc t11 was harder than hc ds. Had harder time killing sinestra than ultraxion in 400ilvl.

Deleted
    I actually liked Dragon Soul. The problem was just that it kept going on for ever and ever and ever.

Bastion of Twilight was worse in my opinion.

Worst raid? A tie between Trial of the Crusader and .. actually, Molten Core. That raid was just pure garbage with boring mechanics and as a Rogue, it was extremely, extremely boring.

Deleted
    Dragon Soul. 110%

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul. Two fights with Deathwing, neither where we actually fought him. We killed some crap on his back and then killed tentacles? What about that human form? Also Green Jesus being star of the patch and as far as I'm aware the other six bosses of the raid being randomly pulled out of nowhere. Also apparently there was an Old God behind Deathwing. Where the hell was N'Zoth? Bah.

Whilst I only did it LFR, I don't have any fond memories of the instance itself in terms of the fights beyond Yor'sahj.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul here as well.
    It was flow, or lack there of. It seemed to lack the epic feeling of progressing through a raid. It felt like I was cheating, flying and warping my way to each boss. Original pre-time nerf Ultraxion trash was mind numbing. The mechanics of most fights were dull and from a healing stand point, were equally dull. Spine and madness was just us fighting a whole bunch of trash.

Now on the upside, I thoroughly enjoyed the Blackhorn fight and spine and madness were as least creative fights. And while I try to remember the great times that were had, I just can't shake the notion that I have no interest in returning.

ToGC has grown on me over the years so I don't share the same distaste that others seem to. If I had to pick a second least favourite... I think I'll pick SSC. It was a creative raid, though I never seem to enjoy any of the boss fights. Third least and possible tied for second; Battle for Mount Hyjal. It'll be a cold day in hell before I run that again.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

Dragon Soul. As mentioned before, it was clear that blizzard wasn't fully focusing on Cata/got lazy with everything in Cata. The whole expansion was a huge disappointment anyway.