Thread: Internet Issue

Internet Issue

For some reason I am unable to open and connect to Curse's website. I can connect to other sites (obviously) and I've had guildmates check as well and they can connect to Curse just fine. Additionally no other computer in my house can connect to Curse, either.

I have connection to a multitude of other resources, so to speak - STEAM, Origin, VOIP software, internet browser(s), VPNs, etc... and as I said I can browse any website I wish... with the exception of Curse.

I'm wondering if either A) Curse is actually down and my guildmates pulled up cookie-stored pages or B) it's not down and something is off on my end of the network connection.

Unfortunately I am running Comcast's Xfinity as my ISP and I have already had my share of issues with them but could they also be blocking specific sites? I haven't had this type of issue come up so I figured I'd post and get ideas.

I have the same ISP as you and had the same issue as you as well, but what fixed it for me was clearing my cookies/cache and running CCleaner

Hi Sajakain!

Try deleting all history in your browser and as Eren Yaeger said above me, download CCleaner and run it, its good program to clean your system

That seems like a start... but why would it effect all three computers running in my house? I also tried on a freshly installed Google Chrome and it came up with the same thing - no webpage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajakain View Post
    That seems like a start... but why would it effect all three computers running in my house? I also tried on a freshly installed Google Chrome and it came up with the same thing - no webpage.
    Try using a proxy.

10+ Year Old Account
    a cache and cookie clear may help, but this sounds more like a DNS issue, try manually using google's DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in your connection properties

Quote Originally Posted by This name sucks View Post
    Try using a proxy.
    as annoying as comcast is, they don't block websites

I ran a Windows Network Diagnostic to troubleshoot the connection to www.curse.com and it came up with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Windows Network Diagnostic
    website (www.curse.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.

The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 80, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn’t find any problems with the firewall on your computer.

Needless to say... I still have issues connecting to Curse. I've had additional friends check and they can connect just fine. Though I will say that I had one friend last night try and also found issues connecting to curse and it's various domains (WoW, Rift, etc).

ipconfig /flushdns
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    ipconfig /flushdns
    Tried. Failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajakain View Post
    Tried. Failed.
    that's because if its affecting more than one computer, basic A+ tricks don't work, this is an issue on your router

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    that's because if its affecting more than one computer, basic A+ tricks don't work, this is an issue on your router
    I must have missed the multiple computers thing. Try statically assigning another public DNS on your router, using something like google's public DNS 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

while on that thought, what are you actually getting in nslookup when you try to resolve curse.com?

I used the suggested DNS for primary and secondary and it still wouldn't resolve the website at Curse.com

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    With this in mind I plugged my PC directly into the XFinity modem and still received the same issue: "The server at www.curse.com is taking too long to respond."

Same issue here in Australia.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22352201
    For the thread with my traceroute in.

- - - Updated - - -

Ticketed to Support.Curse.Com, problem was successfully fixed on their end, not sure what the issue was.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Ticketed to Support.Curse.Com, problem was successfully fixed on their end, not sure what the issue was.
    Likewise; I was going to post that, quite suddenly, I'm able to connect to Curse once again.

Interesting, sounds like a bad route or equipment. Yay for it not being on your end