Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How long did you farm...

Hello everyone!

I am wow player since release, playing everything from pvp to pve, raids, grinding etc...

As for grinding i like collecting mounts, and i was wondering how long did it take for You guys to get Karazhan Horse? o.O

I was farming it since Cataclysm with 10 chars ( soo weekly 10 times ) and i still didnt get it lol, but most time it took me to get Barons Undead Horse from Stratholme, was grinding that one since vanilla and got it in WotLK thats just insane haha

10+ Year Old Account
    I got that one rather quickly, just had to kill attumen a couple of times.

Though I still haven't gotten the death-charger reins from stratholme, or ravenlords rains from sethekk halls. And I have pretty much cleared those at least a couple of times every week for many many years..

So RNG is a bitch, that's what we have learned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I farmed the two ZG mounts for about two years and didn't see squat. Soooo, it's purely RNG loot to me. =/

Idk, 5-6 kills?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Idk, 5-6 kills?
    You might want to consider buying lottery ticket hehehe

Kara mount took 40ish kills, Rivendare mount I got in a tank reward bag - also got the Magisters Terrace and Blue Proto Drake mounts the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kill him every week on 5-10 characters (depends on if my second account is up) barring the few months I just took off from the game. I probably have a combined 1,000 kills, and have yet to see that stupid horse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I got my first horse off Attumen back during BC. I got my second one in WotLK, I think (early Cata at the latest).

Of course, now mounts are account wide, so ... that second one was a bit of a waste :P
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    I started farming it during mid-wotlk if im not mistaken. It took me around 7 solo weeks to get it. I saw it a 2nd time while farming rep there and doing the Kirin Tor chain quests.

I'm still farming the Rivendare's Deathcharger though... almost 300 kills now..

P.S.: oh, and i got the Black War Mammoth from VoA today ^^

Still haven't, and I was running Karazhan pretty regularly all through BC. Although I'm not regularly farming or going out of my way for it these days. I have seen it drop several times but never won the roll on it.

I still have overall shit luck when it comes to mounts. I've been regularly farming the Baron's mount in Strat for several years now and still have yet to get it. Only time I ever saw it drop was back in Classic at level 60 (ie, the place required a group to run), and I lost the roll on it. I got Rivendare's Runeblade a couple years ago. Got really excited when I looted him and saw a purple item, and it turned out to not be the mount. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't got it yet, the stats page doesn't show Attumen so I can only guess at the number, certainly above a thousand.

I returned to the game 3 month ago from a 7 month break, and in the last 3 month alone have done it 194 times.

I never grind for mounts. I once got the Swift Zulian Tiger by accident. Ran that raid once, it dropped & I won the roll.

I don't see the point in farming for mounts, it would be disheartening to farm for a year and have it not drop.

Ran kara every week back in TBC, on multiple characters and never seen it drop at all.

Started farming it mid WOTLK every week till December last year when it finally dropped, first and only one I have seen drop since I started doing Kara in TBC. So a boat load of kills... never thought I'd finally get it

I can't complain though, I got ashes after 5 kills, and Anzu and my hawkstrider on first farm kills

ive been farming kara for god knows how long, UD strat for same, ashes dont even wanna talk about that, got anzu on my 5th try havent seen the white hawkstrider drop never had or even seen any of the zg mounts drop.... got the za mount just cuz i won the roll so ive been rather unlucky
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Damn, looks like alot of ppl are unlucky like me

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually one of the rarest mounts in the entire game I've heard around 0.26% or something stupid I got mine woltk though not sure how many tries but I did it mostly every week

10+ Year Old Account
    It must have taken over a 100 tries for me, at the end I had 11 characters farming it. To save time, I just did it on them right before reset and parked them outside, then did it again on all of them the next day. Doing it this way saved a lot of time traveling to the deadwind pass.
    Don't be afraid of doing it on a character that is low level, I did it in cata with my level 80 warrior herald twink.

The Stratholme mount also took a long long time for me, at around 120 tries.

Over 180 Kills across all my toons, no mount --;

ZG was a pain for me, took me at least a year of solo'ing in wrath to obtain my Tiger mount. Took me about a year of 2 toons a day to obtain the panther. Then started solo farming raptor after i was 90 and could burst him before the decapitate and I literally just got the raptor yesterday (9/8/13)

10+ Year Old Account
    Attumen: Hundreds of kills, no mount yet
    Rivendare: Took about 80-100 kills, got it
    White Hawkstrider: Less than 10 kills, got it
    Raven Lord: 10-20 kills, not yet (lazy)
    Ashes: 50-100 kills, got it (was drunk as hell that night too)
    Invincible: had it on farm when it was 100% but didn't get it (25 people yay), though I got it this week in my weekly solo!!!
    Zulian Tiger (old one): At least 50 kills, got it
    Onyxia Drake: Hundreds of kills, not yet