Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I ran kara 100+ times before getting the damn mount, I ended up running it with 9 chars every week

I never used it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my Raven Lord on my second or third ever solo run there, guild were all jealous

Still after Baron, White Chocobo and Al'ar. I really CBA going for TLPD or the Deepholm one at the moment.

Also i have only ever seen ONE Headless Horseman mount drop and that went to a guildy in Wrath. I ran that event every day on 7 characters all through Wrath and Cata, only getting the rings. My warrior still wants the plate helmet and weapon for mogging.

Also when the Sinister Squashling pet only dropped from the HH event, i got it on one alt and not my main. When it was changed the next year to drop from the daily mailbox goody bag, EVERY other alt i had, got the pet within 4 days. My main was the LAST one to get it on the LAST day of the yearly event ! I swear i was ready to knock down the doors of Blizzard HQ and offer to be someones bitch just to get that pet.

RNG is a bitch and for the moment i am HER bitch

Around 4 years, doin it every week on 1 char, sometimes 2-3.

Recorded tries on Kael at armory:
    31 + 5 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 41 frustrated tries on Tempest Keep.

Rivendare: 5
    White Hawkstrider: 3
    Raven Lord: 56
    Fiery Warhorse: 11
    Headless Horseman: 1, first day of the event 2 years ago
    Flametalon: 10
    Onyxia: 7
    Al'ar: 2
    Blue Proto Drake: About 6
    Old ZG: Few months, don't remember exact amount of runs - Got only Razzashi Raptor, no tiger.
    New ZG: Both mounts, 20 runs for Raptor and about 50 for Panther
    Stonecore Drake: 3rd run but my friend was with me and he won it, so I had another drop on 30th
    VoA Mammoth: 13
    Invincible: Didn't get it yet, doing a weekly solo run on DK

Yes, I am really lucky, in fact my friends call me "The luckydo" and ask me to boost them for mount drops and I got a bunch of rare mounts for a few of them relatively quickly.
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2013-09-09 at 03:33 PM.

I was lucky on Ashes of Alars, not even 3 solo run
    Something around 100 kills for Karazhan horse,not drop
    Something around 60 kills for Onyxia drake, no drop
    Something around 50 kills for Rivendare, no drop and I quit for this mount
    White Hawkstrider, maybe it took 15 run's

I did a bit of farming for the Raven lord and some for Rivendare, but for the most part I've been fairly lucky. I even won Ashes when helping a guildy get some set gear.

I haven't seen much mention of my favorite mount I've yet to get, Mimiron's Head. Never tried to farm it. Is it even possible to do so?

Never saw it drop in tbc when I farmed kara every week on 3 toons, but got it from my second solo kill. Same thing happened with Anzu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinne1 View Post
    Mount drops are entirely RNG-based. You could get it first time or after a million kills. Just keep trying and you'll eventually get it.
    Or: You wont. Thats the essence of RNG. Your time is limited and one day you will expire, and trees will grow ontop of you.

Yet, he who never fires the arrow will never hit the bullseye.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

ZG tiger (old) 1, first time in raid
    time lost proto drake: 1, first time on a strong hunch
    blue proto drake: 3
    white hawk strider: 5
    raven lord: 60+ still no bird
    everything else still trying

I just started farming for Reins of the Raven Lord a month or so ago (I did it very casually before I quit) and twice daily I still haven't had much luck. I expect it to take a while.

I remember casting 2k times for my Sea Turtle mount.
    Bessiepage - Korgath (US) / Acekicker - Ghostlands (US) / Maristraza - Ghostlands (US) / Niimeria - Korgath (US) / Khanga - Korgath (US)

Still haven't got the Kara horse or Raven Lord. I have farmed Raven Lord since Cata so now I don't expect anything. It's just 5mins of my daily routine to port to Shatt, fly over to Sethekk Halls and kill the boss in a couple of seconds.

However, this week has been mind-blowing:

1. Last reset I was parked outside Ony's lair for my 3rd solo kill, the drake dropped.
    2. 2 days later I went to the Stonecore as I heard there was a mount in there, first kill it dropped.
    3. 2 days after that, I am doing my regular solo of Blood Lord, but never considered doing the panther boss as I already own the first Zulian Tiger from when I solo'd ZG back in the day. But I chanced it, and on my first kill, got the panther.

So this week has been amazing, I can't complain. Hopefully one day I'll obtain Fiery Warhorse / Anzu, maybe even Ashes. When I get bored I'll go farm VP as well for the drake on normal. I should really go farm the blue proto too, but I have the ironbound / rusted ones which to me dwarf all other protos besides Time Lost, purely because of it's rarity, look wise it's not a patch on the other two. Not willing to camp outdoors in Storm Peaks nor Deeopholm for those mounts though.

Oh, and Riverdare would be nice one day. Just so I could own a rare horse. But yeah, RNG can be rubbish and amazing. Despite all the mounts I've won, especially in this last week, I crave Anzu. I have wanted it ever since it was made available, and I don't own it. But it just doesn't drop.

Good luck!
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

For me I only want mounts are look unique to something my faction cannot already have, i.e the tiger from ZG as horde has way more value to me than some skeletal horse or a lame raptor I can buy for a few gold. I ran ZG back in wrath and never saw either mount drop had the tiger drop 2 times in cata but lost the roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
    Still haven't got the Kara horse or Raven Lord. I have farmed Raven Lord since Cata so now I don't expect anything. It's just 5mins of my daily routine to port to Shatt, fly over to Sethekk Halls and kill the boss in a couple of seconds.

However, this week has been mind-blowing:

1. Last reset I was parked outside Ony's lair for my 3rd solo kill, the drake dropped.
    2. 2 days later I went to the Stonecore as I heard there was a mount in there, first kill it dropped.
    3. 2 days after that, I am doing my regular solo of Blood Lord, but never considered doing the panther boss as I already own the first Zulian Tiger from when I solo'd ZG back in the day. But I chanced it, and on my first kill, got the panther.

So this week has been amazing, I can't complain. Hopefully one day I'll obtain Fiery Warhorse / Anzu, maybe even Ashes. When I get bored I'll go farm VP as well for the drake on normal. I should really go farm the blue proto too, but I have the ironbound / rusted ones which to me dwarf all other protos besides Time Lost, purely because of it's rarity, look wise it's not a patch on the other two. Not willing to camp outdoors in Storm Peaks nor Deeopholm for those mounts though.

Oh, and Riverdare would be nice one day. Just so I could own a rare horse. But yeah, RNG can be rubbish and amazing. Despite all the mounts I've won, especially in this last week, I crave Anzu. I have wanted it ever since it was made available, and I don't own it. But it just doesn't drop.

Good luck!
    Wow kraftwerk nice hehe, pretty good week for u than!

10+ Year Old Account
    6 kills. Same as the Onyxian Drake, Blue Proto Drake and Azure Drake. That was a lucky week.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    6 kills. Same as the Onyxian Drake, Blue Proto Drake and Azure Drake. That was a lucky week.
    Look it dat RNG hahaha fucking I'm at 120+ Onyxia kills check this out I got my Burning Raven Lord last week then I got another burning raven the next week back to back and yes I gave the other burning raven lord to a friend who helped me get an Al'ar thus dept repaid!

HAZAH

10+ Year Old Account
    Fiery Warhorse's Reins

I farmed it both @ lvl and solo for 6.5 years. Finally got it this past June.

I killed him countless times ever since he was current. Then I leveled a priest alt in cata, boom first time I kill him on that priest the mount drops.

I got White Hawkstrider first try, Green Proto Drake on my second egg, but every other mount, ive put in literally hundreds of runs and never seen them. Its really the most random, nonsensical thing

The only random drop mounts I don't have from old content are the roic only ones (raid and ZG), Experiment 12-b and Al'ar. I was quite frankly surprised at how quick I got the Fiery Warhorse (7 or 8 runs) and the Onyxian Drake (1 Run). I just finished up the 5 man drakes from cata over the last month, and got the Quiraji from Archaeology a few days ago. I actually hit 200 mounts yesterday, on my birthday no less. I fully admit I am lucky on some mounts, but some I've had to grind for. Rivendare took me 213 kills on my DK to get back in Cata, besides the 100+ kills on other toons from before.

I got Aeonaxx... on the Pandaria Beta, so unfortunately it didn't count.